[Maybe Spoilers] Theory on the 4 adams

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Cupa
Embryo

[Maybe Spoilers] Theory on the 4 adams

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:08 pm

[center]---DISCLAIMER---
This is only a theory. There may be some logical errors. If you find one, try to solve it, so WE can build this theory (it might be cool, to see, if it works out :D). Also, this theory relies on some parts of the original NGE-anime, but is mainly for the Rebuild.
---DISCLAIMER---[/center]

Table of Contents
  1. Main theory
  2. Proves

[center]---MAIN THEORY---[/center]

The theory is about the four Adams. Let's assume the following:
After the second impact has been started and adam woke up, one of the four adams turned into an embryo, which later was gathered by Nerv. But what's about the other three Adams? Thats what i thought about. What if the three other adams scattered themselves around the planet (and the moon)? Let me explain it more detailed:

Adam 1:
Adam 1 turned himself into an embryo at the dead sea (southpole). He was later gathered by Nerv.
OR
Adam 1 turned himself into Nebuchadnezzar's Key. Like he is the key to start the real third impact. Because, if all four adams could fuse again, they could form the "real" adam. The light-giant, which could possibly be "god".

Adam 2:
Adam 2 "shoot" himself to the moon, using the giant blood stream that fired from the point of the Second Impact up to the white moon. After that, he was later used to "breed" Mark 06 at Tabgha Base. After that, he simply is Mark 06.

Adam 3 (the three-eyed-one):
Adam 3 was somehow used to create Unit 01. As you see at NTI, Unit 01 transforms into the 3-eyed adam.

Adam 4:
Adam 4 was somehow used to create Unit 13.

Adam's soul:
Adam's soul got transfered into Kaworu/Tabris.

That's all, for the moment. Feel free to contribute some more to the theory (i will credit you if i add you into THIS post) =)!

Now, let's look at some proves.

[center]---PROVES---[/center]

Prove 1 (For: Adam 3):
The 3-eyed Unit 01 at his awakening.
View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:)
SPOILER: Show

In the picture you can see some red blood. It could be the "wave" that transported Adam 3 there.
Thanks to Arcadia's legacy for adding this prove!

Prove 2 (For: Adam 1 - 2):
Gendo: Yes, used to open the door to Human Instrumentality... Nebuchadnezzar's Key.
As stated by Gendo, the key is used to open the "door". Maybe the Door of Guf is meant? If this is true, it would make sense, because: Every awakened Evangelion opened the Door of Guf and so Adam did.

Prove 3 (For: Adam's soul):
Just watch the movies/animes or look at the wiki page of Kawuro/Tabris.

Prove 4 (For: Adam 2):
Keel Lorenz refers to the Mark 06 as "the true Evangelion", to play a role in fulfilling the covenant with Lilith
(Quote from the wiki-page of Mark 06, date: 02.09.15 22:53)
That could mean that Mark 06 is the "fusion" of one adam and a clone of lilith (The mask compared to the "normal" body of the Mark 06).

Prove 5 (For: Adam 4):
Unit 13 was able to awaken itself. Maybe it was caused by Kaworu or Shinji, but even if so, it would still be possible, because Nerv was so destroyed that they couldnt clone Adam.

I'm tired now, so as I said earlier: If you find any mistakes, try to fix them if you can (just accept the challenge! :D).

So, i hope i didn't missed something. :bigeyes:

Sinserely,
- Cupa

If you find grammatic mistakes - i'm a german guy so don't judge me hard please! :D[/list]
Last edited by Cupa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well, i had to fill something in here... so here we go!

I will expand this as soon as i can ;D.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:33 pm

This is pretty on-point with what the community has been speculating for a while. The third movie establishes for a fact that Eva-13 is one of the Adams, reappropriated into an Eva. It's hard not to be suspicious about Mark.06 (especially after you know about the Second Impact blood spurt) and Eva-01 (who flat-out turns into one of the Adams from 2I). I'm pretty sure I've seen previous speculation that Nebuchadnezzar's Key is ENT's version of the Adam embryo in a very real (and not just plot device) sense, as well.

Now for the money question: why is there apparently only one soul to go along with four Adams? Kaworu refers to himself as the First Angel, not part of or one of the First Angels...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:39 pm

I feel the need to note that i believe that the being that fell here was the third Adam (whats that white marking still doing there anyway?)

Actually, could all that red be from it's own blood spurt?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Now for the money question: why is there apparently only one soul to go along with four Adams? Kaworu refers to himself as the First Angel, not part of or one of the First Angels...

I kinda thought about that for a short peroid of time, than I came up with this:

Adam first was the white-light-giant we saw in the anime. Then, after the contact with a human, he actually wanted to SAFE the Lilin, so he desited to rip himself apart, into 4 (5) pieces: The 4 giants. After this, his soul was inserted into Kaworu (Funny fact: Kaworu actually let his childs dead but safed the Lilin!). He thought that would stop the Second Impact into directly becoming the Third Impact. And for totally being safe, he sent them all across the Lilin-World (even to the white moon), so they will be safe from him. Oh, and why should the contact cause Third Impact? - It's directly matching Lilith and Adam (because Adam has like a "full" DNS). The Third Impact don't occur on contact with "normal" angels and Lilin because they have only "half" DNS.

I hope it is understandable,
- Cupa

(Funny fact: 70% of this answer came to my mind as I wrote it xD)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Legacy: The outline is there for the audience. :tongue: The red would be from the blood tsunami or whatever that dumped the Adam there in the first place.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:48 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:

Actually, could all that red be from it's own blood spurt?

Omg thanks for the prove! May I add it to the list at the main post?

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I see no reason why not ;)
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:51 pm

It looks like it washed in on a wave of some kind. See how the buildings are all pushed up and to the side of the hill?

View Original PostReichu wrote:Now for the money question: why is there apparently only one soul to go along with four Adams? Kaworu refers to himself as the First Angel, not part of or one of the First Angels...

Maybe he really is just an Angel this time and not a lilim avatar for Adam's soul. Seems like that would have come up at some point when he was talking to Shinji. There is something unique about him, because he doesn't appear as a pattern blue until being demoted.

And where does the Vessel fit into this? Mari calling Unit 13 a "surviving Adam" implies one of them died, so it could hypothetically be a makeshift body for our missing Adam. But the Sega figure's description suggests that it's just the FIRST Vessel. Are there possibly more than four Adams? :bigeyes:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:56 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Are there possibly more than four Adams? :bigeyes:

Well, that could possibly be so. But then, we have no prove for it (correct me if I'm wrong).

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:01 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Legacy: The red would be from the blood tsunami or whatever that dumped the Adam there in the first place.

It was probably transported there the same way the second Adam was given its moon vacation. come to think of it, this may be the reason we don't see any of them with angel cores post-second impact. they were all destroyed in the form giant fountains of red liquid.

The large wound found in the chest of the second Adam seems to enforce this

Also notice how the mask has two large bolts wedged in it like Lilith, only smaller and closer to the forehead

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 pm

You even see a wound in Adam 3! Look at Unit 01 in the energy-form, NTI.
[wkimg]Eva2-22_C1847_comp.jpg[/wkimg]

Wow, it's a challenge to find something against the theory xD
Last edited by Cupa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Is that a wound? or is it just part of the Third Adams anatomy?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:But the Sega figure's description suggests that it's just the FIRST Vessel.

I can't find the description you're talking about.... :sniffle:

Not sure what "wound" Legacy is talking about. I just see the bump where the core is.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:07 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Is that a wound? or is it just part of the Third Adams anatomy?

It could be the anatomy, but look at the arms. Nothing black there, only red "venes". So it could suggest that it is a wound :D

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not sure what "wound" Legacy is talking about. I just see the bump where the core is.

The wound on the second Adam is now sealed and in the image looks more like it was closed by a giant zipper

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:The wound on the second Adam is now sealed and in the image looks more like it was closed by a giant zipper

Again, what "wound"? You're not actually seeing Mark.06's skin there. Production artwork indicates that it's a covering. So the thing down the midline of the body is just a seam in the fabric, and the bump in the solar plexus is the core.

Wouldn't make much sense for the cores to erupt into blood while the rest of the bodies stay perfectly intact, besides. It could be that the red liquid comes from one of the Adams pulling a Red Giant and then exploding violently, leaving Neb's Key behind. The other three Adams simply "burn out" instead and leave intact bodies.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Dang it, i thought i was on to something :doh:

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:19 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I can't find the description you're talking about.... :sniffle:

Not sure what "wound" Legacy is talking about. I just see the bump where the core is.

I'm not sure how to link the post itself, but it's the first one in this thread: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16631/Mark09-Seele-Type-Adams-Vessel-Split/

The figure is listed as 「第1のアダムスの器(移行中間形態)ゼーレ仕様」First Vessel of Adams Transitional Intermediate Form Seele Spec.

As for the wound, I think they're talking about the zig-zag line up the chest. I think it's just part of the rubber body covering it's wearing. The actual Mark.06 is green-grey.

If those things in until You come to me are the Adams, that mask must REALLY be smashing its face in. :cringe:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:30 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:The figure is listed as 「第1のアダムスの器(移行中間形態)ゼーレ仕様」First Vessel of Adams Transitional Intermediate Form Seele Spec.

No wonder I wasn't able to find anything! You were talking about Eva-13 in your previous post. Pretty confusing for you to go from "surviving Adams" to talk about "Vessels" when the terms refer to two totally different things! -o-;

If those things in until You come to me are the Adams, that mask must REALLY be smashing its face in. :cringe:

Perhaps it's just creative license. (From the neck up, the unarmored Mark.06 is quite unimpressive: a fatso with a gray egg for a head.) Or maybe there's some unwritten rule in the Eva universe that significant amounts of physical trauma transform lithe, muscular humanoids with bug-eyed faces of Death into amorphous blobs of putty. Mark.06 clearly landed on its cranium, then.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Whoops, sorry. That could have been a little more clear, couldn't it? -o-; Edit: But yeah, I brought up Eva 13 in relation to the Vessel(s) because Mari calls it survivor/surviving. It made me think the Vessel is just some kind of...Eva homunculus.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”