Magazine: Final Evangelion Film Slated for Fall-Winter 2015

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:28 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:That would be sad : 10 years would be too much for a tetralogy by a study that has nothing to do except Evangelion, whithout budget problems. EOE took only one year from 1996 to 97, and nowadays they have less excuses that two decades ago.

And don't come with "Anno is a genius, he can take his time". Ghibli are geniuses too and the don't need so much time.

I see you since days dissing Anno over and over OVER stupid thing and comparisons wich doesnt make any slight sense when we have a minimum logical notion in the brain

Where , yes where

WHERE GUIBLI ever made a tretalogy films like anno did ? where and how ?
Actually this year span of 10 years or more for 4 movies like that is actually just pretty crazy

It's not a refreshing work each time , it's actually a concept of following movies like a tv show but with longer stuff

Stop comparing anything to anything , i would be more pleased if you brought for example berserk movies (even if they are three movie i think)

Atropos
Vitogate ? :devil:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:42 am

View Original PostAtropos wrote:When did this become a discussion about ethics in anime journalism?

Since never. “Journalism” doesn’t really relate in that way in entertainment anyway. Movie/game reviews were always opinion pieces anyway, and money/bribes can greatly sway that opinion. Announcements for entertainment media releases are little more than advertisements taking on a form different from that of conventional commercials. We’re not waiting for journalism here. No one’s been fired or has died in regards to making NTE just yet. We’re not looking for a reporter to “get the scoop” on a pressing issue or anything like that. We’re just waiting for good old fashion publicity to take place.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:45 am

Anything that has "gate" at the end automatically sends me into a blind rage now. In that sense 2014 marked the end of any enjoyment I got out of social media, I'm never looking at a trending topic again.

As for ANN, I've never gone to the forums, don't care what the reviewers have say(that goes for every site in my case), but they are a really solid source of Anime news, so I don't see why we have to have a hissy fit every time we post a link.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Since never. “Journalism” doesn’t really relate in that way in entertainment anyway. Movie/game reviews were always opinion pieces anyway, and money/bribes can greatly sway that opinion. Announcements for entertainment media releases are little more than advertisements taking on a form different from that of conventional commercials. We’re not waiting for journalism here. No one’s been fired or has died in regards to making NTE just yet. We’re not looking for a reporter to “get the scoop” on a pressing issue or anything like that. We’re just waiting for good old fashion publicity to take place.

...did you fail so badly at reading comprehension that you thought I supported the [that video gaming controversy] creeps? I was making a joke about how the topic has transformed into being a discussion about the merits of ANN vs. other anime news sites.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:09 pm

^ No. I just wanted to answer the question is all.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:52 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I think the ANN news section is decent, not the greatest, but satisfactory I suppose. It's their forums that ruined the site for me, more specifically the moderators. A bunch of bias hypocritical fanboys that abuse their banning power when it comes to topics involving subjectivity. Nonetheless, I occasionally visit the site for news and simply avoid the boards at all costs.

Only time I've ever seen that happen is when things get particularly unsalvageable. People get away with saying some pretty fucked up shit without being banned. Moderators there have much more patience and get mad props from me.

The forums are pretty freaking lenient but there does come a point where moderation DOES need to happen. The community is pretty frigging toxic, IMHO, and they're doing everything they can without seeming overzealous. It's damn respectable that they put up with what they do.

I don't frequent the forum too much, but... Really. They're not as bad at this whole "FREE SPEECH!!!!" thing you seem to be getting at. Get the feeling your beef is more personal here.
I finally put something here!

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:39 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:I see you since days dissing Anno over and over OVER stupid thing and comparisons wich doesnt make any slight sense when we have a minimum logical notion in the brain

Where , yes where

WHERE GUIBLI ever made a tretalogy films like anno did ? where and how ?
Actually this year span of 10 years or more for 4 movies like that is actually just pretty crazy

It's not a refreshing work each time , it's actually a concept of following movies like a tv show but with longer stuff

Stop comparing anything to anything , i would be more pleased if you brought for example berserk movies (even if they are three movie i think)

Atropos
Vitogate ? :devil:

1) Next time you insult me that way will be the last time you'll do, because I'll call mods

2) I'm talking about resources and budget. And giving me the example of following movies like a tv show should make things easier, since they don't have to start each movie from scratch.

Don't answer me, fanboy.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:51 pm

What the hell is going on in here? I don't see any reason for people to get heated over anything. Take it to Staff PMs if you need to, folks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Only two day left for New Year! Maybe Khara will put something on their website, like confirming a 2015 release date.

GET HYPE
GET HYPE
GET HYPE
GET HYPE
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm jacked into three Evangelion websites and five twitter accounts, waiting for crumbs of news. I'll be able to update the news page and the Evageeks twitter at the drop of a hat.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:41 am

IF there's news floods, have fun with all the craziness :tongue: (assuming Ornette or I don't get to it first).

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:That was exciting, wasn't it!

Let's try again for 2015.

^ That thread was unlocked/bumped, just in case, by the way.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:44 am

If we actually do get a release date, I'd consider that to be something worthy of its own thread. It'd definitely be posted in that thread, for sure-- but a new one should be created to house the ensuing storm of news.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 am

Yeah, that's why it's best to bump the New Years info thread (FINAL info goes in FINAL, not Rebuild subforum), since it'll be the usual redirecting people/split-merging* into the original topic, anyway.

*Whenever big news of any kind hits, several topics are created.

Though, we might get something January 2nd Japan-time if the Preview's updated then.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”