Japanese Twitter speculation of Biblical proportions

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 am

hahah guys , i was joking
(I hope he is real and all XD , no need a fight club twist )

I hope we gonna have something never done in Final (no loop or sequel or whenever ), that would be so class.

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Thanks god that these two talk about Kaworu in Q, or I would had believed that Kaworu died during the time skip and that Shinji actually hallucinated him to compensate for the total lack of any friend or emotional support since his awakening!

That's a hilarious/awesome theory. Don't think it quite works, because Fuyutuski refers to him. Gendo puts a spotlight on him too. Mari knows about him, I guess? That'd be a shame though.

Actually lets go full retard. Look at NERV. It's deserted. Except for Fuyutsuki and Gendo. What if they're not really there either? What if it's just Rei Q living by herself and the rest is either in Shinji's mind, or a projection?

This seems to tie into that funny thread about Gendo and Fuyutsuki being inside the Door of Guf:

Gendo disappears right after introducing Kaworu. He doesn't walk off. He's simply there in one shot, gone in the next.

thename
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thename » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 pm

This post is really interesting. I hope that twitter guy posts more.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Definitely super interesting - Revelations is fun to read and speculate about from a person outside of Christianity, and even if Anno just puts this shit in superficially it still shows he's gone through the trouble (maybe) of looking it up.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Lumiere
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lumiere » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Mind = blown.
Ramiel yells too much.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:50 pm

You forgot one, at risk of sounding blasphemous. . .

. . . and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him.
Rev 1: 7

If that doesn't describe Shinji and Kaworu what does?
Last edited by Ray on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:21 pm

^ That was awesome

Black Swordsman
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Black Swordsman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 am

I find it hard to believe that the 'aesthetic' choices match these parts from the bible so well. It seems too convenient more than once for it to be there by accident. While I do think it's a bit of a stretch, some of those fit extremely well, and I doubt that was by chance.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Mon May 05, 2014 1:06 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:You forgot one, at risk of sounding blasphemous. . .
. . . and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him.
Rev 1: 7

For what it's worth, that's the same quote used in the official TV ad for RAI's airing of 1.11 and 2.22 on Italian television back in 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjh9S7bQqjE (around 0.06)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 am

I have recently been re-reading that book, mainly because knowing more about the historical contexts and structural elemets makes it a more worthwhile experience.

...there's a passage in revelations discribing the returned Jesus as... mostly you basic eldritch incromprehensibility, but it does include snow white hair.

The "white haired prettyboy" trope is older than we thought?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Wed May 07, 2014 10:05 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I have recently been re-reading that book, mainly because knowing more about the historical contexts and structural elemets makes it a more worthwhile experience.

...there's a passage in revelations discribing the returned Jesus as... mostly you basic eldritch incromprehensibility, but it does include snow white hair.

The "white haired prettyboy" trope is older than we thought?

The first ancient race. Something like in Prometheus. In this thingy they take something like a humanoid creator who looks slightly like some Kaworu dude. White skin and seeking for destruction (Impacts). Don't sound like a good conclusion.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 28, 2014 12:37 am

Does anyone know how many branches of NERV there are? If it's 7 I got some nice imagery to add.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”