More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:55 pm

I'd like more Keel, but I honestly hope that Anno is done with Eva. I don't think adding any more to the story serves a purpose.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby reagen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:21 pm

I just wanna see more Rei...that's it!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:37 pm

reagen wrote:I just wanna see more Rei...that's it!

One word: Doujinshi. You'll see more of Rei than you would ever want to, and then some.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:11 pm

Just to, play devil's advocate;

What if this is Gainax's side of the house helping WETA with the CGI animated SFX for the live action Eva movie??

Just a though...
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Evanmontegarde
Embryo

Postby Evanmontegarde » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:32 am

As stupid as it sounds, I would like an Angelic Days anime, the manga may be dumb and silly but hey it's funny. A prequel would be a good idea, though, maybe it would finally clarify all the things that need to be clarified in a prequel. Heck it could go from FAR time to year 2015ish.
O)))

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:01 am

I'd really like a prequel. Maybe if they explain how SEELE came to be, and fresh out some details about every major character of NGE. Misato in college, anyone?
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Sepeh
Embryo

Postby Sepeh » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:39 am

I'd also prefer for prequel. This is very interesting news, but without Anno I don't think what this is going to be. We just need to hope, that Anno is working with the project. Let's see what time brings to us, if nothing..

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:03 am

Evanmontegarde wrote:A prequel would be a good idea, though, maybe it would finally clarify all the things that need to be clarified in a prequel. Heck it could go from FAR time to year 2015ish.

That would be one hell of a prequel. We could find out juicy details about Adam and Lilith's first lives, as mortals. They actually had a lesbian affair, and afterwards they both offered their souls up for Seeds to escape the wrath of their respective mates. That's half of the anime's mysteries solved, right there.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Six Winged Angel » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:44 am

(thinks of a remake or prequel)

i'm going to sleep fairly well tonight
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:06 am

I don't know wheather I should be estatic or I should cry, to tell you the truth.
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

Postby SEELE 08 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:54 am

I'm going with the latter. Even though I'd like to see more about Keel and the HCP commitee and SEELE in general....I think from an artistic standpoint that adding to the story would be worthless. Besides...prequels tend to suck....except for in the case of the fantasy classics Narnia and LotR. The only way I'd be happy about it if it were titled "The Adventures of Vladimir Kaganovich" granted "Vlad" is just a fannon name....
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

NeonZ
Embryo

Postby NeonZ » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:15 pm

I'm praying for a sequel... It doesn't need to use the old main cast, and could happen centuries after the original series... But I want it!

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:39 pm

Evanmontegarde wrote:As stupid as it sounds, I would like an Angelic Days anime

You are right, it does sound stupid.

And I would like to see how SEELE got formed if there was a prequel made. It just seems like it would be an interesting aspect of the story and I would like to know more about the motivation of the group.

Plus maybe we would finally find out how a gomer like Gendo actually got a fox like Yui. :P
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

SukieNeko
Embryo

Postby SukieNeko » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:45 pm

I'd personally like an adaption of angelic days myself because it wouldn't really mess with the canon would it? And this isn't much of a shock considering that Evangelion can still make a lot of money, and who doesn't like milking a franchise for all it's worth. It was still all over the place when I went to Japan last April. They even had Pachinko parlours completly dedicated to Eva with music from the series blasting from speakers.

First post. yay!

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 pm

SukieNeko wrote:I'd personally like an adaption of angelic days myself because it wouldn't really mess with the canon would it? And this isn't much of a shock considering that Evangelion can still make a lot of money, and who doesn't like milking a franchise for all it's worth.

I agree, last I checked Angelic days was one of the best selling manga's in the U.S. meaning that it's probably doing way better in Japan. An A.D. anime would allow Gainax to milk the series even more,and would be entirely seperate from the original anime so as to not tarnish it's legend ( ALA Star Wars Episodes 1,2,3). I think as far as this goes, it's not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:43 pm

People please calm down. All we know is that Anno's making a new show. Im betting the rumors ar BS and he's just making a new anime unrelated to EVA.

For real people if that man wanted to make more eva related anime they would be screaming it from the rooftops so they could sell more merchandise.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:04 pm

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

Postby SEELE 08 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 pm

Oh great more added scenes, thanks GAINAX for sucking the cash out fan's wallets worldwide...myself included. Well lets hope for some new Keel, Hikari, Rei, SEELE, and bridge bunny scenes...they were all pretty short-changed on time with the exception of Rei.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

wildstraydog
Embryo

Postby wildstraydog » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:09 pm

i hope its a sequeal..........i wanna know what happen afther the beach :cry: if not at least more eva

the3rdchildren
Adam

Postby the3rdchildren » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:14 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Anyone remember this?

http://forums.trivialbeing.net/index.php?showtopic=4157

Sounds like that rumour has potential to be an animation based on the manga, with parts of the show mixed with brand new footage to tell Sadamoto's story and then a new movie to portray his ending. That would be very nice. More animated Evangelion whilst leaving the original series intact. Sort of like what they did with the RahXephon movie, which I found highly entertaining.

Perhaps this is all just wishful thinking on my part as I'm really enjoying the manga.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”