Eva 3.33 official release date in France : 18 December 2013

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Eva 3.33 official release date in France : 18 December 2013

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Yep, the Blu-ray is finally coming! Looks like Dybex's CEO's promise that it would be released before 2014 were true!

http://store.dybex.com/evangelion-3-33-you-can-not-redo-236.html

The jacket is horrible though :

But fortunately Dybex will also release a collector edition with the jacket mimicking the Japanese Blu-ray, with the making-of and the 60 pages booklet :
Image :mwahaha:

Say it with me : Vive la France!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Merde!

(did 1.11 and 2.22 get a Japanese style edition as well?)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:32 pm

^
Only 2.22 got a collector edition like that as well.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Excellent, El! I'm happy for ya. I'm not sure why you dislike the cover, though. It's pretty great, in my opinion. (It's also what the guys have over at the main site.

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Cool !
Will wait for the giant box re-uniting les 4 films de ce malade d'anno.

There will be the Evangelion 3.0 Complete Records Collection in there ?

Aquariius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aquariius » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 am

@ElMariachi faux, 1.11 a eu droit à sa version collector ultra limitée que j'ai la chance d'avoir, qui maintenant se vend cher sur le marketplace d'Amazon par exemple.
Translation you're wrong, 1.11 also got a limited collector edition and I own a copy, it now sells for a lot of money at Amazon marketplace for example.

The 60 pages booklet is the one sold during the theatrical run of 3.0 in Japan.
Fan de Rei Ayanami.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 am

^
Ah oui je savais pas, m'enfin à la rigueur je m'en fout, j'ai le coffret deux Blu-Ray édition SEELE et j'en suis très content, et je vais surement me faire offrir la version collector 3.33 pour noël.
Jusqu'au jour où le coffret Blur-Ray des quatre films avec booklet pour chacun sorte! :mwahaha:

quick translation : I already have a neat boxset(called "édition SEELE" and will receive the collector 3.33 for christmas, until the day the super collector boxset with the four movies and their respective booklet is released.

FYI, that's the SEELE boxset with 1.11 and 2.22 :
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

^ Oh that is amazing. I wish we had something like that in America.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 pm

No joke! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:03 am

That 1.11 + 2.22 boxset is wicked awesome. :gendo_kimura:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:59 am

Well, it's nothing that exceptional : it's just a boxset opened on the side which have the two standard Blu-Rays boxes with the ugly 3D CGI EVA-01 on the jacket, these ones :

But at least the outside cover is pretty.

Now I hope that the ultimate boxset with the four Blu-Rays will have the logo of the four main organizations on each side : NERV, SEELE, neo-NERV and WILLE, that would be neat! :D
---

EDIT : Well, with the news that the North American BR release has been delayed and all, I feel almost embarrassed to post this, but well, my 3.33 collector Blu-Ray arrived yesterday, as I said in the OP, it's a reproduction of the Japanese 3.33 BR release :

The outer case and its content, the booklet is on the bottom right.
Casing  SPOILER: Show

The booklet, translated in French... well I don't know who was in charge of the translation but he did a pretty lousy job : the names in the character pages are the same than in the Japanese version(In bold in English, and under it in Japanese), except the 12th Angel, who was re-dubbed 12e Ange("12th Angel", logical), "Wille's people" which for some reason was translated as L'équipage du Wille ("The crew of the Wille", as if Wille was the name of the Wunder...), and for whatever reason the "Tentative Name" part of Rei Q was kept unchanged...

But that's just details, the first page of the Booklet is a word from Anno himself and the last ones a presentation of the different phases of production of the movie(storyboard, mo-cap...) and some phrase becomes difficult to read because of the sloppy translation. :irked:
Booklet  SPOILER: Show

Now the casing of the BR itself... well it's a casing, like the one in the Japanese version, nothing more to add here. The sheet on the left was originally the back cover, maintained by the plastic film covering the box, big props for the company for the resume : it just says that Asuka and Mari has been sent into space to retrieve a mysterious container, and that Asuka was put in troubles by angels of SEELE and that her shouts awoke what was inside the box, also that back at Earth Kaworu is eager to finally meet Shinji, all of this without spoiling anything about the time skip, Shinji being the content of the space box or being hated, Third Impact or NERV being the bad guys! :thumbsup:
BR casing  SPOILER: Show

Now the BR itself, it weighs a solid 24GB, meaning that all the bonuses are inside(maybe even the God Warriors short), didn't managed to get the bitrate from BDInfo(got an error) or to see it yet, so no informations about the subtitles or dubs, but that'll come in due time.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:54 pm

i actually liked the jacket, much better then those shit cgi eva we got for 1.11 and 2.22.
i made my own custom covers.

http://spidermanrj.deviantart.com/art/capas-dvd-evangelion-3-306444780?q=gallery%3ASpidermanRJ%2F7659050&qo=8

http://spidermanrj.deviantart.com/art/capas-dvd-evangelion-306444554?q=gallery%3ASpidermanRJ%2F7659050&qo=10

http://spidermanrj.deviantart.com/art/capas-dvd-evangelion-2-306444658?q=gallery%3ASpidermanRJ%2F7659050&qo=9

http://spidermanrj.deviantart.com/art/capas-dvd-evangelion-4-306444859?q=gallery%3ASpidermanRJ%2F7659050&qo=7

http://spidermanrj.deviantart.com/art/Custom-Rebuild-of-evangelion-3-33-424677208?ga_submit_new=10%253A1388869753
Last edited by bladerj on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:02 pm

ElMariachi: Too bad Funimation hasn't made a point of using a spoiler-free synopsis. At least France didn't drop the ball! Glad to hear you're happy with your copy.

bladerj: Here's the actual catalog numbers and such if you ever want to touch up your custom covers: http://svenge.pcriot.com/evasite/jprebuild/jprebuild.htm
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 pm

@ bladerj : wow, very good work, will you make a custom one for 3.0?

@ SSD : well, I didn't saw the BR yet, so I'm still holding my final judgment, especially after seeing the butchering in the Spanish version! :scared:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:ElMariachi: Too bad Funimation hasn't made a point of using a spoiler-free synopsis. At least France didn't drop the ball! Glad to hear you're happy with your copy.

bladerj: Here's the actual catalog numbers and such if you ever want to touch up your custom covers: http://svenge.pcriot.com/evasite/jprebuild/jprebuild.htm

Thanks SSD for the info. the numerical info i put were not catalogue numbers but my own playing with the characters initials and unit they pilot :)

Thanks mariachi, i updated the post including the one i made for 3.0,
oops, just notice i need to update the synopse i was still using the one from 1.0 . i'm still trying to figure one for 3.33, i think i'm gonna do a wille cover. Anyone know if there is a scan of their logo ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Yep, right here: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Wille

ElMariachi: Please let us know what the quality is like (translation, visuals/audio, etc). I remember you saying the French translation seemed pretty good when you attended a screening earlier this year?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 pm

@ bladerj : well if I can make a suggestion, a cover with both WILLE and neo-NERV logo, each with a different background color : white symbol and khaki background for the WILLE side, and red logo and dark gray background for neo-NERV.

@ SSD : I said that the French translation was "interesting", in that some of the terms used in the movie got an interesting spin(like with the FoIs and what Mari said would happen to Rei Q if she stays inside Mark.09) and also very lulzworthy due the big level of swearing by the pilots(I mean there's Shinji telling to Misato, Ritsuko and Sakura to literally go fuck themselves!)

EDIT : I forgot to talk about my experience after seeing it!
So as I said in my post in the Spanish BD topic, the visual are pretty shitty, a lot of pixelisation, even in Misato's hair! :irked:
It's horrible because once you see it, you just can't see anything else or concentrate in the scene anymore(it's especially prevalent in the "From now own... you'll do nothing" scene)

Now the subtitles : well they are the same than were I got to see them in theaters back in June, "interesting" and full of swearing! The only difference I spotted was during Misato's famous line(again) where instead of the theater subtitles only saying "Do nothing"(skipping the first part of the phrase) she now says "Especially... do nothing", it strangely comes off as even more aggressive than the Japanese version, because it's almost like she's directly threatening to harm him if he does something.

Finally the dubbing, and that's were it becomes really hysterical. Why? Simply : Shinji, just Shinji.
You see most of the dubbing team us bad, but really bad : Misato sounds robotic, Kaworu seems to be constantly high, the VA dubbing Asuka doesn't even try to mask that she's an adult, and Shinji... they put him with a gruff 30 years old chain-smoker voice. For. Fucking. Real. :jawdrop:

And from here it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to take any scene remotely seriously, my viewing was a succession of facepalms with laughing fest!

I know that it's not easy to find good western VAs for Japanese works, since we don't have the Japanese VAs almost supernatural talent to modify our voices, but when a 14 years old Shinji sound older than the 43 years old Colonel Misato Katsuragi, it means that something is really not right in the casting! :cringe:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:15 am

J'ai mis un avis négatif sur amazon. La compression est abominable, tout ce qui est rouge pixelise. C'est scandaleux, d'autant plus que ce problème ne touchait pas les deux premiers films.

Long story short: The french bluray encoding is awful.

Mr. Tines translation services wrote:I put a negative review on amazon. The compressions is abominable, and everything red is pixelated. It's scandalous, the more so since these problems did not affect the first two films.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:49 am

C'est justement ça le pire : 1.11 et 2.22 avaient un encodage excellent, l'image était totalement lisse et c'était un vrai plaisir de se mater les films sur grand écran. Là même sur mon écran de PC(24 pouces certes mais quand même) de loin la pixelisation me saute à la figure! :irked:

C'est d'autant plus énervant que c'était un cadeau de noël, même la traduction du booklet est à chier! J'espère au moins que les bonus sont de bonne qualité.

Déçu, vraiment.

In short : I agree with Jinroh.

Mr. Tines translation services wrote:That's really bad : 1.11 and 2.22 had excellent encodes, the image was completely smooth and it was a real pleasure to watch the films on the big screen. In Q, on my 24" PC monitor, the pixellation is in your face! :irked:

It's more annoying as this was a Christmas present -- even the translation of the booklet is shit! I hope at least that the bonuses are good.

Disappointed, really.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:12 am

Gentlemen, we have an explicit rule about posts being composed in English. A summary will not do -- full translations, please? We don't do "bilingual bonus" around here. We're trying hard enough as it is just to learn Japanese! :heehee:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”