3.0 to hit North American theaters in January 2014

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mt Olympus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mt Olympus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I'll be attending the Mansville, NJ showing @2pm. I live in Montgomery county in PA, if you want to carpool or need a ride let me know.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:40 am

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:I'll be attending the Mansville, NJ showing @2pm. I live in Montgomery county in PA, if you want to carpool or need a ride let me know.

I'm going to that one too, with a friend. Same showing. But we only live about 20 minutes away, so no ride needed.

That said, I'm still not sure if it'll be subbed or dubbed. I actually called the place, but the girl on the phone said she didn't know. Yay, surprises?
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 am

View Original PostChroma wrote:I'm still not sure if it'll be subbed or dubbed.

The cast list I brought up on one of the related sites was of the usual Funi suspects.

Forgot to decide today whether I'm going or not. Guess if I don't forget and tickets are still available I may as well.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:23 am

The city of Boston in Massachusetts is only 40 minutes from where I live and as much as I would love to go the lack of money, laziness and having the JPN Blu-ray prevents me from doing so. I love freaking love Q to the death but after burning it out on my BD player so many times, it's like "what's the point?". It be worthwhile if it was an actual theatrical print and not just a BD projected.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 am

^
Trust me, even if it's just a BD projected, the auditive experience is well worth the trip, Shinji's auditive hallucinations(earing the voices of everyone after his arrival to neo-NERV) and later mental breakdown go from unsettling in the BD to genuinely terrifying in a theater!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mt Olympus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mt Olympus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:23 am

View Original PostChroma wrote:I'm going to that one too, with a friend. Same showing. But we only live about 20 minutes away, so no ride needed.

That said, I'm still not sure if it'll be subbed or dubbed. I actually called the place, but the girl on the phone said she didn't know. Yay, surprises?

Nice!!! I prolly talked to the same lady as you; i asked her if it is subbed or dubbed and ended up asking the manager and he confirmed it is indeed dubbed.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:03 pm

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:Nice!!! I prolly talked to the same lady as you; i asked her if it is subbed or dubbed and ended up asking the manager and he confirmed it is indeed dubbed.

It's dubbed? That's disappointing. Oh well, I still want to see it. The theater experience has to be pretty cool.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."

Mt Olympus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mt Olympus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm

View Original PostChroma wrote:It's dubbed? That's disappointing. Oh well, I still want to see it. The theater experience has to be pretty cool.

To be quite honest the only reason I'm going to see it in theater is because it is dubbed, otherwise I would just watch it from home.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:59 pm

To clarify (again?), this is going to be 3.0 proper, just like how 1.0 and 2.0 were shown in Japanese (and North American) theaters.

I only watched 3.33 once, but it should be fun to spot the differences between 3.0 and 3.33.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Got my ticket for the only showing in Utah tomorrow. I'll bite the hook since they delayed the blu-ray and DVD release :\

doonchlando
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby doonchlando » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 pm

I am going to the Portland, Oregon premiere at Hollywood Theatre tomorrow. It is going to be the English dubbed version, which is good since I am curious to listen to the differences between it and the Japanese version.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Another 7 days for me, but should be an interesting time. Thinking I'll avoid this thread until then so i can experience the dub version unspoiled.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:55 am

View Original PostMt Olympus wrote:To be quite honest the only reason I'm going to see it in theater is because it is dubbed, otherwise I would just watch it from home.

Fair enough. I would've much rather it had been the subbed version, but it would've been a bit redundant because I could see it from home for free.

v3g4n
Embryo

Anyone going to see Eva 3.33 tonight in DC?

•      
  •      

Postby v3g4n » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am

Anyone going to see Eva 3.33 tonight in DC? I'll be there, wondering if any other evageeks will be in attendance; we can high five!
進む

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Certain theaters will have stickers available, I guess in addition to those postcards:

I'm fine with "Rebuild of a legend" instead of "Rebuild of Evangelion"....Thankfully Funi's aware that's the name of the Making of specials.

Though I wish they'd use the 3.0 Japanese tagline "The curtain rises on a new story".
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:28 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm fine with "Rebuild of a legend" instead of "Rebuild of Evangelion"....

I think an actual Funimation promo poster using "Rebuild of Evangelion" to refer to the movie series was posted somewhere on the forum; someone can probably provide a link. It's probably not surprising that Funi would eventually snap up the zombiefied production title for promo purposes.

(And at the same time, we finally do have khara's in-house translation of "Wevangeliwon shingekijouban", which is "Evangelion: New Theatrical". So for those who aren't using "Rebuild", remember to abbreviate to ENT. Insert Treebeard jokes here. :p )
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:31 pm

^^I'll take care of that...it was posted in the recent hauls thread.

View Original PostCJD wrote:
This I did ask for though. June went to NYCC and managed to nab me one of those "Limited Edition" 3.0 posters. It's (unfortunately) small as fuck, but still it's nice.

SPOILER: Show
FrontBackDat blushing Shinji.

I'm going to the Chicago showing tonight, which is at midnight for some reason. It's sold out so it should be fun. Hopefully nab a sticker and then not actually stick it to anything.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:13 pm

^2003? See, 3.0 is a prequel like that other thread is discussing. ;)

There is also this version which I picked up a couple weeks ago. It's hard to read, but the tagline is "Experience a new chapter in the rebuild of a legend." No mention of Rebuild of Eva. The back is blank. :irked: Stuff on the left I bought.

[URL=http://imgur.com/yVIaWa3]Image[/URL]
I did contact Funi about getting the theatrical poster, no response. Slightly wishing that I was going to see this yet again due to all the hype I'm seeing on Instagram, but nothing new really except for the sticker, it would be the 4th time seeing it, and I'm in no mind to watch the dub.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

TIWIH777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TIWIH777 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Heading out tomorrow to watch 3.0 in Greensboro, NC and I am pumppppeeedddd!!!! just got done watching 1.11 and 2.22 to get ready.
Let's do this.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 pm

I saw Evangelion 3.0 in a theater. Dubbed too! Whee.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”