Was 3.0 shown in 4k digital in theaters? (Answer: No)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:19 pm

View Original Postmp3dom wrote:There are some theaters that made one 'general' setup that is less prone to problems but this lead to a non-perfect result.

I see, that's what I thought too. Not a big deal, the OST itself is way more pleasant to listen to by itself. I'm actually one of the biggest 3.0 haters around here, but no way I could miss an Evangelion movie playing at a theater in my city!

@FreakyFilmFan4ever: Thanks for the tips, but I was talking about a real movie theater, and I'd expect one of these to be already calibrated by a professional...
Unfortunately I don't own a home surround set, I usually listen to movies and TV series with headphones. Less complaints from the neighbours and, well, a decent headphone (plus a cheap amp) is way cheaper than a good surround set.
I used to play with the mixdown settings for the best results, as you said (my player of choice, MPlayer, is pretty customizable in this regard even if the documentation is often a mess), but nowadays I simply go with the defaults, they're usually good enough for my ears.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”