Gendo's Master Plan

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:26 pm

CyberXIII wrote:@Literary Eagle
Thank you, and may I just say I love your work with the Happy Red Planet.

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like the story so far, and I'll try to draw some illustrations for it as well!

Concerning the topic, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Gendo did something freaky to himself. After all, Fuyutsuki said that "Ikari is paying every price there is. Including his very soul." That sounds rather ominous. I initially assumed that Gendo's visor was simply for vision correction or to remind us of Keel, but now I'm wondering if it's hiding something terrifying? Hmm, could it be anything like whatever Asuka has behind her eye patch? Maybe the final movie will include a vicious staring contest between those two, heh.

ElMariachi wrote:If Gendo already injected himself the key, he wouldn't be carrying the case around.

Good point. However, maybe Gendo simply used a piece of the key, instead of the whole thing? Or as CyberXIII suggested, perhaps Gendo used something from the Eleventh Angel instead?
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

thegoodson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thegoodson » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm

I too believe that Gendo's visor is a precursor of something to come. Keele's visor seemed purely decorative, but in EoE ended up being an extension of his cyborg life sustaining add ons. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Gendo has further augmented himself to insure he lives long enough to see his plan through.

I think it would be pretty cool if Gendo's visor were tied in to how he's controlling all of this shit with no staff. I think if it happened though it would be one of the things a lot of fans balked at much the Code 777 Panther in 3.

If that thing that Gendo and Fuyu are in towards the end of 3.0 is another Wunder like craft, all those cords hooked up to Gendo's desk with no crew, maybe his visor and some other physical changes we haven't yet seen allow him to "jack in" to his craft and control it entirely mentally. At least I think it'd be real fuckin neato

Edit:
[URL=http://imgur.com/QBXsSb6]Image[/URL]

And as far as I can tell Fuyu's platform is floating save for the one tentacle thing going up to Gendo's desk. So at the very least he is controlling it enough to suspend him in the air, hands free mind you. I dunno, I can't picture Gendo working a control pad during a final battle, he's gonna keep his hands crossed and psychically give orders to those MP's, mark my words. :wink:

Simitus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Simitus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Holy crap, he isn't human, he's whatever SEELE is/was now. He must certainly have changed his soul, as he said SEELE did, likely by entering the contamination zone of a core. We have seen that visor before. Maybe this is why he waited so long to de-activate them.

Karex_Usyrion
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Karex_Usyrion » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:33 pm

^ Since Gendo went more cyclops than scott summers with the visor I wondered what kind of response would result. The response was that the Uncanny X-men did better decking out the squad in Q-style plugin-suit apparel cooler than Q's..More to this thread, I read not too much inspiration and no revelations for Gendo's upcoming work. The key is not an injection. First symbol: the AAA Wunder is as the Ark in "...but there will be a new Ark riding on that fire and I hold the key and I open the door and I decide who goes in and who doesn't". Second symbol: Nebuchadnezzar is the highest practitioner of the Babylon school of Mystery, honorary master of vessels (to this day royal ships are launched with Nebuchadnezzar champagne). The Apocalypse isn't complete and the post-apocalyptic deja vu (as readers of Michael Swanwick's post-apocalyptic narratives understand) doesn't start unless everything (but not quite everything) ends. So...Gendo's aim is to become master of the AAA Wunder with the key of Nebuchadnezzar. Gendo is set to fail and the Ark sets forth on a journey to traverse Evangelion's multiverse realities.

thegoodson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thegoodson » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 pm

So what exactly does Gendo need to complete his yet unknown Master Plan?

The necessities seem to be:
    1. An Awakened Eva

2. The Key of Nebuchadnezzar: What said key does is unclear.

Outside of Gendo being refered to as King of Lilin, I can’t think of any other equivalency between Gens and old man ‘Nezzar.

Speculation: The proto-skeleton is essentially reduced Adam as previously shown in the series. The Adams Vessels come from this. Mark 09, being that he is an Eva, is essentially a controllable means of operating the Wunder. But putting Adam himself into the Wunder’s control system does some even crazier, impact level shit.

3. The Wunder: He’s got an awakened Eva to power it. 09 tried to retake control. He implied that Misato is acting within expectations of it. He probably either needs it for himself, or just needs it out of commission.

Not sure if necessities:

1. The Spears: The spears seem to be able to stop impacts (end of 2, Lilith in 3) but are they necessary for Gendo’s plan? Gendo needed them pulled because that would unfreeze the angel->angel gets ate -> 13 awakens, bloo bloo bloo…

On their own, it seems that the problem with the spears is when both Adam’s kids and the Lilin are wielding the same kind. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that one spear is of Adam and the other of Lilith. Wielding them both leads to instrumentality (comingling of both) but wielding just the spears of Longinus (assuming that’s Adam’s) turns all things to core, and makes an earth unsuitable for the Lilin. So maybe just Cassius can do some sort of rectification

2. The Black Moon: Was it being pulled out of the ground just an expected side effect, or was there a specific goal? It has a control center in it similar to Wunder. This will probably serve as HQ for (I hope psychic-brain-machine-cyborg) Gendo to launch his MP’s. Once he has Wunder at his disposal, then its game over.

3. The Children of Fate: Rei, Shin, Kaworu, Asuka, Mari: Children of fate programmed since before birth. This keeps popping up in dialogue through the film. Did Gendo and Yui plan from conception to have their baby boy be a necessary cog in the instrumentality machine? Is he biologically engineered in a weird Lilithy way, similar to Rei? Is Yui’s ethereal presence in the 3.0 indicative of her having some sort of weird angelic nature, which she genetically passed on to kid Shin and Rei-rei?

My guess:
Gendo gets the Wunder, it functions as a black moon like ark, absorbs all living souls, and with Gendo at the helm, he flies off to a new planet to colonize Scientology style. A new religion is born.

If Karex is right and they "traverse the multiverse" then hopefully we have not just an earth spanning instrumentality, but a MULTIVERSE spanning instrumentality where all the Shinji's become one Shinji and all the Asuka's become one Asuka and everyone works out their various flaws that way, by being able to confront every aspect of themselves.

At least give me an instrumentality that shows Shinji seeing the EoE version of himself and going "Fuck. I'd better straighten up."

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 am

My view on Gendo's master plan is he's simply trying to lower Shinji down to rock bottom as possible.

Gendo wants Yui back, Shinji wants Rei back and they're both in EVA 01. The only possible way now to separate them from Unit 01 (at least to my knowledge) is to invoke instrumentality, which I think will be used as trump card against Shinji if Gendo is to be confronted by him either in person or in an EVA (take your pick which EVA, should it arise).

And if Shinji is given that option, I doubt he'll choose the world in it's current state and the rest of humanity (who now, by this point to himself, is fed up with him) over his mother and Rei. Unless of course, by some miracle, he finds reason in this to exist in this world rather than reuniting with Rei and Yui.

Remember, if the preview in FINAL is true about WILLE trying to stop FINAL impact, don't be surprised Shinji is at the centre of it piloting either Unit 01 (after the MP EVA's brought the WUNDER down) or Unit 13 (if WILLE picked it up) in a last ditch effort to halt FINAL impact.

Feel free to add, destroy or dismiss, your choice.
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:01 am

I'm sure that putting Shinji in the mental meat-grinder was part of Gendo's plan, too many things in his schemes only worked thanks to Shinji's mental state of the moment(him awakening EVA-01 to retrieve Rei, pulling out the spears from desperation even though Kaworu begged him to stop...)

And I think that it started as early as soon after Yui's contact experiment. Remember that Fuyutsuki told to Shinji that he was there too, but that his memories from the event were erased. Why would someone erase that?

It's possible that Gendo though that Shinji remembering what happened to Yui would threaten his willingness to pilot EVA-01, after all it would be hard to convince him to pilot a giant robot when last time he saw it he "devoured" his mother!
And even if he was only three years old, seeing his mother being absorbed by some sort of giant bio-mechanical monstrosity cut open in the torso area is not something you forget easily!

Assuming that a retrieval operation was tried like in NGE and that Rei I was born from it, it's possible that Gendo devised a plan by using Shinji and Rei to awake EVA-01 and use it for HIP, but needed that Shinji loses every memory of Yui so that he won't make a too strong connection between Rei and his mother(like "WTF?! Why is she like mom but with blue hair?!"), but still make one on a unconscious level to strengthen their bond(for example when he was meditating just before the run to catch Sahaquiel began, he compared the scent inside of his EVA to Yui's, and then Rei's). That's why he destroyed every photo and belongings of Yui, erased Shinji's memories and abandoned him to his teacher.

You could also push the wickedly even further and think that Gendo also raised Rei on an ostracized environment to make her socially inept, so that when Shinji will arrive, his natural kindness coupled with the subconscious connection with his mother would make him get curious about Rei and try to reach her, while for Rei, Shinji trying to get close to her and being nice(showing genuine concern over her, saving her after Ramiel was defeated, the Miso soup during the aquarium tour, the Bento box he made for her because she never ate during lunch...) would make her latch on him as the one people with Gendo who showed genuine concern over her, culminating in the end of 2.0 when she kamikazed herself just so Shinji won't have to pilot ever again(instead of for the completion of the mission or under Gendo's order), and when Shinji had gone all super Sayian to save her from Zeruel, his will to sacrifice everything, his own life included, triggering EVA-01's awakening.

Just as planned. :emogendo:

Remember that 1.0 showed us that Gendo and even Fuyutsuki didn't had any qualms in using brainwashing on Shinji(Fuyu is even the one who brought the topic!), so using it on a 3-4 years old Shinji to further their plans(while maybe saying to themselves that it's better for Shinji to forget these traumatic events to ease their conscience) don't seems that far fetched to me.

And keeping Rei as "hostage" for the case something in his plan goes wrong and he ends up faced against a vengeful Shinji would also be something I can see Gendo doing...
And if something like that happens, I'm sure that it will be what leads him to his demise : he probably think that Shinji has been broken and abandoned by everyone, and that he don't give a shit about the world or everyone anymore, and will propose to him to join him in launching Instrumentality so he could be reunited with Rei and Yui, the two last persons on Earth that cares for him.
But what he didn't planned is that Shinji managed to find hope and begin to crawl back from his pit of despair in his "destination" that the preview talked about, and learned to actually try to understand the other and care for them, not only because of how he could affect him, but because he learned to genuinely want what's best for them, even if it's not what's best for him. And that other people still cares for him(Asuka, Misato, Sakura, Kaji if he's still alive...) and that he's not going to put his own wishes above everything and everyone else, that even if he want with all his heart to see Yui and Rei again, he won't sacrifice the rest of the world for it and become like Gendo, in an awesome scene that will be the biggest "Fuck you Dad" in anime history, on par with Rei III's "I'm not your doll!" from EoE!
Or... he could make the same thing as in EoE, accept, and once in the giant mental clusterfuck of Instrumentality realize that it's not the right path to follow and abort everything, but that would be a re-hash of EoE and that would be lame, Anno didn't made all these changes just to give us "One more Final bis".
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Crow
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Crow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 am

Earlier in this topic a cold war between Gendo and SEELE was brought up. Understanding this relation is for me crucial to grasp Gendo's plan, to distinguish which actions are a smoke screen, which are directed at slowing down their plan and which to advance his own. In that light there is a subject that was only briefly touched here (please forgive me if it has been discussed to death elsewhere). A couple of questions.

When did Gendo acquire the the 'physical bodies' of SEELE or to be exact - the ability to turn them off? Was it in the timeskip before 3.0 or did he have them from the start? Surely it can't be the latter, as he could simply turn them off if they got too much in a way? On the other hand - for some reason he did not turn them off as soon as he got them. We even see him trying to communicate with them in 3.0 though they remain silent until the very end. Did Gendo need SEELE to advance his plans? If yes was it only for the funding they provided? Understanding of Dead Sea Scrolls (or their rebuild equivalent)? At which point he decided to deactivate them and why?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 am

The SEELE monoliths probably moved to NERV HQ during the time skip, probably when their and Gendo's plans had gone to hell and Misato and co defected to form WILLE.
In 1.0 and 2.0 Gendo used an holographic chamber to communicate with them, it suggest that then he didn't knew that the monoliths were SEELE's true form and though that it was probably some fancy online avatar for meetings.

As for why he didn't "killed" them as soon as they relocated to NERV, it could be that they had something Gendo needed(knowledge, resources...)
It's also very probable that Kaworu served as SEELE's enforcer to make sure that Gendo don't try anything funny, like double-cross or kill them.
That's why Gendo waited that the two spears were removed(Lilith's head exploding being the signal), i.e. when he was sure that Kaworu has been cornered in a point of no-return and would die, before making a last meeting with SEELE and kill them under the pretense that it's part of their instrumentality, like they wished, when in fact he was tricking them to mass suicide and Kaworu would have to sacrifice himself to stop this Fourth Impact, completely sinking any chances that SEELE's plans ever come to fruition.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:

And keeping Rei as "hostage" for the case something in his plan goes wrong and he ends up faced against a vengeful Shinji would also be something I can see Gendo doing...

And if something like that happens, I'm sure that it will be what leads him to his demise : he probably think that Shinji has been broken and abandoned by everyone, and that he don't give a shit about the world or everyone anymore, and will propose to him to join him in launching Instrumentality so he could be reunited with Rei and Yui, the two last persons on Earth that cares for him.
But what he didn't planned is that Shinji managed to find hope and begin to crawl back from his pit of despair in his "destination" that the preview talked about, and learned to actually try to understand the other and care for them, not only because of how he could affect him, but because he learned to genuinely want what's best for them, even if it's not what's best for him. And that other people still cares for him(Asuka, Misato, Sakura, Kaji if he's still alive...) and that he's not going to put his own wishes above everything and everyone else, that even if he want with all his heart to see Yui and Rei again, he won't sacrifice the rest of the world for it and become like Gendo, in an awesome scene that will be the biggest "Fuck you Dad" in anime history, on par with Rei III's "I'm not your doll!" from EoE!
Or... he could make the same thing as in EoE, accept, and once in the giant mental clusterfuck of Instrumentality realize that it's not the right path to follow and abort everything, but that would be a re-hash of EoE and that would be lame, Anno didn't made all these changes just to give us "One more Final bis".

If Shinji captures Gendo with EVA Unit 01 in a blind fury I hope he doesn't attempt to bite Gendo in half, the last thing needed was knowing the Key of Nebuchadnezzar was on him and had essentially absorbed (or digested) both, causing FINAL impact. But, that's just me making a joke, so yeah a nice little EoE reference.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
But what he didn't planned is that Shinji managed to find hope and begin to crawl back from his pit of despair in his "destination" that the preview talked about, and learned to actually try to understand the other and care for them, not only because of how he could affect him, but because he learned to genuinely want what's best for them, even if it's not what's best for him. And that other people still care for him(Asuka, Misato, Sakura, Kaji if he's still alive...) and that he's not going to put his own wishes above everything and everyone else, that even if he want with all his heart to see Yui and Rei again, he won't sacrifice the rest of the world for it and become like Gendo, in an awesome scene that will be the biggest "Fuck you Dad" in anime history, on par with Rei III's "I'm not your doll!"

Yeah, I can see that being planned out, in EoE, Shinji never confronts his father again and honestly, it's time to seal that gaping hole on people's mind. But trying to get a image of the events leading up to that, it's driving me nuts. God, it's so hard trying to get a picture of FINAL, half the time I speculate, I feel like I'm in the directors/writers shoes choosing which path to go down and where it branches out. GOD, we need an update on FINAL please!

Also I'd like to point out something, Fuyutsuki knows Rei 2.0 is still preserved in Unit 01, my view on that is that NERV locked out Rei on purpose so she could be used as a trump card against Shinji should he come to a choice between her (Instrumentality) or the world (reality).
I watch and speculate.

iihieiii
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby iihieiii » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:20 am

ElMariachi has always ;P GENIUS!!

And now that you mentioned...i did believe that Gendo planned the Shinji and Rei relationship all along....and a possible made a "brain wash" on him (also mentioned in 1.0)..dang..this really make a lot sense!

Also LMAO when i saw this:

Just as planned. Gendo as a Image

And thanks for 4.0 FINALE Spoiler ;)

...he probably think that Shinji has been broken and abandoned by everyone, and that he don't give a shit about the world or everyone anymore, and will propose to him to join him in launching Instrumentality so he could be reunited with Rei and Yui, the two last persons on Earth that cares for him.

Seriously...i see 90% of this happening...and if really do so...it's going to be UBER AWESOME! lol
The biggest "Fuck you Dad" in anime history it's going to be priceless and Shinji FINALLY acting like a responsible "man" and also stopped being selfish....Saving the world and everybody else ^_^ !

:rolleyes: Yeah...like you said....i doubt that he only made the rebuild series, making all this changes, just for TROLLING everybody else all over again :lol: (especialy Shinji)
EVEN ANNO wouldn' Troll like this!

So...if the finale its going to be like o mentioned above...it's going to be amazing and maybe also make 3.0 and 4.0 epic ;P

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am

Something just flashed my mind, NERV using EVA-13 against WILLE. Shinji sees Kaworu just before he's ejected and might come to the belief that Kaworu is still alive in EVA-13 (and Kaworu telling him they'll meet again before POP!).
If WILLE in the last desperate struggle against NERV is to let Shinji loose in EVA-01, him seeing EVA-13 moving autonomously might deter him from attacking. If that happens, it's the 9th angel skirmish all over again.
Also, when WILLE gets confirmation that a new EVA has activated, do you think that it was the Choker or Gendo sending out the message? Gendo mentions that Misato's actions were within expectations so I believe he sent out the signal to the WUNDER to NERV with haste.
I watch and speculate.

Simitus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Simitus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 am

Do you suppose its possible that the Key of Nebuchadnezzar was grown into either Eva-13 or Mark.09? Odd thought inspired by late night and beer, but it would explain a few things.

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 am

Has anyone theorised that the Visor Gendo wears is nothing more than an electronic copy of the dead sea scrolls? Meaning that he walks around with all the information at his finger tips so to speak.

I had this funky thought that what he sees through the visor is the correct steps that need to be taken in order to carry out instrumentality. With every deviation away from the master plan, he is shown EXACLTY what needs to be done in order correct the path.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:57 am

@ Simitus : unlikely, we see Gedno with the big case containing the key in various scenes of Q, if he already used the key we wouldn't drag it everywhere he goes.

@ cloudxsolder : awesome theory! With that Gendo would literally see his foes' next move! Or how to make Gendo even more dangerous!

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:25 am

View Original PostSimitus wrote:Do you suppose its possible that the Key of Nebuchadnezzar was grown into either Eva-13 or Mark.09? Odd thought inspired by late night and beer, but it would explain a few things.

I think this is possible. The sub refers to it as a 'lost number' kept as a spare.
I don't think Eva-13 is one of the full surviving adams.
The visuals clearly imply it was 'grown' however Mari refers to it as one of the surviving adams.
So you could argue both ways. I tend to think it was grown in some way from the key, and that the key serves multiple purposes.

Simitus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Simitus » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Some more thoughts conerning SEELE - as it may be relevant to what exactly Gendo's intentions are and why he's opposing them.

Door of Guf- Guf is the Talmudic name for the treasury of souls, which is the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. According to Jewish mysticism, all of humanity began from Adam, but it was a huge, cosmic, androgynous Adam with a single united soul. After Adam's sin he was "demoted" to flesh and blood, and bifurcated into man and woman with each human representing a fragment of the original Adam. According to this legend, the Messiah will arrive and the world will end when the last soul is retrieved from Guf - which contains all souls that were ever or ever will be. It seems obvious now that this is what Evangelion is getting at with the Seeds of Life. All of human life is considered a fragment of the true human state, and ascending back above the level of flesh and blood might achieve the same status Adam once held (in this context, a Seed of Life similar to Lilith).

This may explain some of the visual LSD that just seemed to explode out of EoE at the end. I never came to a satisfactory understanding of that depiction of Human Instrumentality, nor did I care to but I am preparing myself for the possibility that the theme will be reprised in 4.0. Unit 01 became like a tree - possibly a reference to the Tree of Life and the treasury of Souls, heralding the coming of the Messiah.

SEELE (German "Soul") is a 12 member council corresponding to the 12 Hebrew tribes of Exodus - the story of the liberation of the Hebrews from slavery. If this was what Anno had in mind, it would explain why Lilith is considered a separate Seed of Life from Adam - in the apocrypha of Lilith's story, she was created not from Adam's rib as Eve was but separate and co-equal with Adam. Thus, a cosmic, androgynous Adam which represents the complete human being in this universe would be equaled by a Lilith of similar qualities, like the GNR in EoE and at the ending of 2.0. Perhaps then, the Failures of Infinity are not converted humans but fragments of Lilith attempting to reunite with her into an ascendant being freed from the state of flesh and blood. In legend, Lilith once fled from Eden is pursued over the Sea by the angels and exiled. She was punished for her refusal to couple with Adam by being forced to endure pain during childbirth.

Gendo, called "King of the Lilim" by Kaworou has always been very clear on his objective of defending Lilith from the angels - SEELE's motive for wanting this and Gendo's diverge, but prior to N3I their interests mostly coincided. With the angels out of play, SEELE realizes Gendo has been trying to re-awaken Lilith for his own purposes all along, thus humanity itself (or at least Gendo) is the final angel. This is probably a hint as to why we find Terminal Dogma and Tokyo 3 a warzone in 3.0, with Lilith apparently "dead" and no longer being defended.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 pm

View Original Postcloudxsolder wrote:Has anyone theorised that the Visor Gendo wears is nothing more than an electronic copy of the dead sea scrolls? Meaning that he walks around with all the information at his finger tips so to speak.

I had this funky thought that what he sees through the visor is the correct steps that need to be taken in order to carry out instrumentality. With every deviation away from the master plan, he is shown EXACLTY what needs to be done in order correct the path.

I thought Gendo's visor was a Chonovisor. Yeah rumor has it the Vatican has got it's hands on it if you popular conspiracy theory, but then again, if it's a Chronovisor, WILLE will always be one step behind Gendo.
I watch and speculate.

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:51 am

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:I thought Gendo's visor was a Chonovisor. Yeah rumor has it the Vatican has got it's hands on it if you popular conspiracy theory, but then again, if it's a Chronovisor, WILLE will always be one step behind Gendo.

SPOILER: Show

http://seeker401.wordpress.com/2009/09/23/the-vaticans-time-machine-the-chronovisor/

yes, this sound really interesing
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:25 am

The fact that people beleive this exists is hilarious... much less that it was built back in around the mid 90's. I like the idea that Gendo has it but. very cool idea.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”