[3.33] Things you noticed

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
McSquishin
Embryo

Postby McSquishin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:37 am

What TMBounty_Hunter wrote  SPOILER: Show

Note the interface is just a stylistically unfolded Eva. It labels the various areas and the two sides are mirrored and labled accordingly (Left L and Right R)

Using all the above pics you can read pretty much all the parts from the Knee up.

It's sylized so the head is somehow in the crotch :D

From there outwards: Neck
Branching outwards and down: Knee (plus whatever is never seen on screen)
Branching up: Vertebra, Abdomen, Scapula

Second branch-off
Outward: Shoulder, Utility (Probabaly whatever weapon/equipment is stored in the pylon), Mon Unit
Branching up: Up Limb, Lock 1, Lock 2, Thorax.
All the way up top: Hand, and 5 bars representing the 5 fingers: TH (thumb), IF(Index Finger), MF(Middle Finger), RF(Ring Finger), LF(Little Finger)

So while mostly this is a status display of the Eva state it's still an iterface.
Lock 1 and Lock 2 aroud the shoulder area are displayed as 2 holes, so they're probably these lock bolts.

I had never heard any of this before, but it makes perfect sense. Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Note the interface is just a stylistically unfolded Eva. It labels the various areas and the two sides are mirrored and labled accordingly (Left L and Right R)
It's reminiscent of a sensory homunculus.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:One thing has bugged me for a while...
Did they (Mari and Asuka) thought that Eva-13 was like any ordinary Eva, until Mari shot A.A ammo and said: "Don't tell that unit"...(is one of four Adams?)

If so it is possible for any normal Eva to trigger an impact/instrumentality? (Of course an impact trigger is needed)

Although, i could be wrong....

Well EVA-13 was created by neo-NERV, so Mari and Asuka must have suspected that it have some little tricks in its sleeves, but they probably don't imagined that it was one of the four ADAMs(after all there are only four of them, kinda hard to find and excavate one without anyone noticing, especially after 3I), although retrospectively I wonder why they didn't had suspicion when they saw that EVA-13 needed RS Hoppers to protect itself with an AT Field.
By the way Mark.09 was never seen generating an AT Field either...

As for what kind of Eva can trigger an Impact, we don't know, we will probably be able to produce an answer once we discover if EVA-01 is "special"(on of the four ADAMs or made from Lilith's flesh), of not then that means that any Evangelion can trigger an Impact(which would explain why WILLE don't want Shinji near any Eva)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:53 am

Has anyone pointed out that Shinji is purposefully looking away from ReiQ at the end of 3.33. When she approaches as Asuka is holding his lip she's on his right, when Asuka turns to talk to her, Shinji has turned his back on her (reason why Rei looks like she's sad, not looking at Asuka but at Shinji). When Asuka is taking measurements on the L-barrier, Rei is standing in front of Shinji only with him turned to his left, again away from her.

Also, when looking at the clouds as they're walking off into the distance, there's a skull shaped face looking at them from the right, or maybe it's just my imagination. Anyway, the face strongly resembles Zeruel.
I watch and speculate.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby unitM » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi guys. Back for some more of that delicious Eva goodness!

Ahem... firstly, back to the topic of MON Unit-01(or whatever it says over Kaworu's back in that one frame). That doesn't bug me very much, whatever it's supposed to stand for. What bothers me is the fact that it's there. Reminder: Shinji and Kaworu are piloting 13. Where did the 01 part come from? Rei was on the outside of the angel core that became the egg of 13, yet inside the egg we see 01 as well as a number of floating Rei heads. Since 13 was under Gendo's responsibility, I'm chalking this up to something Gendo did. But that doesn't answer the question.

Secondly, fine, we have a clip of Rei walking, and yes there are visible footsteps behind her. But this doesn't answer whether she was actually killed or whether it's not a ghost or whatever. Rei has always been a mysterious entity in Eva. Back in NGE, she sometimes appeared and disappeared without explanation. Now I understand there are physical footprints behind her at the end of Q. But I still feel the footprints at the end of Q are symbolic in some way or another. If Shinji was being dragged along by Asuka at the end, as people have suggested, there should be signs of that. There are none, and it just seems odd to say Shinji walked exactly in Asuka's footprints. And finally, even assuming that, that leads us to a question I asked earlier: in what way was it necessary to anyone cross paths on their way up the hill at the end?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Thread surgery complete. The conversation about whether anyone at Wille (including Asuka and Mari) knew about Kaworu or how much went here.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:25 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well, "Pumpe" means "pump" in German, maybe that could help, maybe it's the energy pump that feed the monoliths on energy?

It probably just pumps some generic brain jar fluid. Or LCL.

I can't believe I never noticed the sensory humunculus interface thing!
It was even in the original series *shakes head* Oh dat Anno....

As for EVa 13, Aoba does say something like, "New/previously unknown type of EVA was activated!"
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:43 pm

1. I didn't know where to put this since it ties to both 2.0 and 3.0, so sorry prematurely on this.
2. I didn't know if anyone already mentioned this or not, so sorry again for possible being late to the party.

The shack Rei Q lives in is the same shack used by Ritsuko in the 2.0 Omitted Scene C-0711 ~ C-0720.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

KingBungleHole
Embryo

Postby KingBungleHole » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Off topic here, but did anyone else notice the green dots in the preview for 4.0 are green (possibly mpe) Evangelions (most noticable in the bottom left corner)?
SPOILER: Show

Last edited by KingBungleHole on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 am

I think that the entire ground is littered with swarms of those green Evangelions.

Mbryo
Adam

Postby Mbryo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:58 am

And maybe we'll have World War E in Final.........
The Mon Unit 01 thing probably stands for some kind of external monitor or something. Probably has nothing to do with Yui-San.
FUS roh Duh.

Black Swordsman
Adam

Postby Black Swordsman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 am

View Original PostunitM wrote:"Reeks of SEELE"
SPOILER: Show

Which part of the film is that from? I don't recognise it.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 am

View Original PostBlack Swordsman wrote:Which part of the film is that from? I don't recognise it.

It's seen after Unit-02 shoots the Mark.09 through the Wunder's ribs. Seems like it's an armor plate covering the Eva's "core".
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Zoop » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:39 am

View Original PostBlack Swordsman wrote:Which part of the film is that from? I don't recognise it.

That is when Unit 09 infects and hacks the Wunder, Unit 02 climbs up one of the wings of the Wunder, and while running up to Eva 09, she shoot's a volley straight at Unit 09 core. The armour blasts away to reveal this protective plate. Asuka says:

No Fair!
That reeks of SEELE

The screen behind her says:
Alert
Eva neutralizing Anti-ATF Custom APR
INEFFECTIVE
Tactical Mission Information

Edit: Ninja'd by riffraff11235

Black Swordsman
Adam

Postby Black Swordsman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:23 am

View Original PostZoop wrote:That is when Unit 09 infects and hacks the Wunder, Unit 02 climbs up one of the wings of the Wunder, and while running up to Eva 09, she shoot's a volley straight at Unit 09 core. The armour blasts away to reveal this protective plate. Asuka says:

No Fair!
That reeks of SEELE

The screen behind her says:
Alert
Eva neutralizing Anti-ATF Custom APR
INEFFECTIVE
Tactical Mission Information

Edit: Ninja'd by riffraff11235

Ah ok. I figured it was around then but I didn't notice the SEELE style armour. I'll look out for it next time.

KingBungleHole
Embryo

Postby KingBungleHole » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Idk if somebody else brought this up before, but Asuka and Kaworu are the only people in 3.0 that refer to humans as Lilin. It's a stretch, but could Asuka be part angel now?

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 pm

View Original PostKingBungleHole wrote:Idk if somebody else brought this up before, but Asuka and Kaworu are the only people in 3.0 that refer to humans as Lilin. It's a stretch, but could Asuka be part angel now?

It's implied that at this point all of the pilots aren't normal Lilin by NGE standards.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Black Swordsman
Adam

Postby Black Swordsman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:33 pm

If humans are Lilin then maybe when Asuka says "We're going to where the Lilin are." (At least my subs say that) I'm guessing that will be a hidden settlement of humans or a WILLE supply post. Maybe Kensuke and such will make an appearance there.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 am

Well, my subs (the Evageeks fansubs) say "Someplace where the Lillin can pick us up" so possibly they may be heading to a Wille supply outpost/settlement, or just somewhere where the Wunder can safely land and retrieve them.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Holy shit...! No wonder why Misato and others are pissed....I didn't think that the moon would be THIS big.

And how fast it was... I think it moved from the China to Russia in 3 seconds. :bigeyes:

Will they ever be able fix that...? I mean, if it moves randomly from place to place, earth would be in big trouble. (Well, it's already)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”