red - orange - cyan - ???

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 pm

I think that if we all accept that Final is going to ask us to drop the soap, we'll just be happier when it comes out.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:16 pm

I have not the faintest idea what that meant....
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Final is going to give us the most serious mindfuck of our lives no matter how much we think about it and analyze it, so it might be worth it to stop thinking about it and just let it come.

It was a bad joke.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:28 pm

So this Rainbow Color Bar ran on the Eva 3.33 livestream from Japan for 30 minutes after the film ended right?

Just trying to clarify what happened. Seems like the kind of genius wonkery that Anno & Co would get into. Dark Blue as the color for Final could work pretty well I think. Purple though would blow my fucking mind.

JackyD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JackyD » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 pm

I bet 99 million EVAbucks that it's at LEAST gonna be purple

I can sense it.... in mah bonez

in all seriousness though, why do I think a Purple/Green combo would look nice?

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:12 am

View Original PostJackyD wrote:I bet 99 million EVAbucks that it's at LEAST gonna be purple

I can sense it.... in mah bonez

in all seriousness though, why do I think a Purple/Green combo would look nice?

Because Eva 01 color is purple ?
I'm inside your head right now.

It's over
You are finished.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:28 am

^I was thinking that, too, although whether or nor Eva-01 will hava an active role in FINAL also remains to be seen...I suppose since she is the "main" Eva of the series and does most of the heavy lifting, it'd be good for nostaliga if nothing else.

Or..it could be a hint that Eva-01 will be very important again in Final. Maybe she'll become a goddess a gain. Who knows.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:47 am

^
She already is a goddess since the of 2.0, that's why everyone is so hellbent on keeping it sealed at all times, be it by the LoC, a tesseract or the Wunder's main engine pod.
If FINAL's color is purple, that could signify that EVA-01 will break free and usher the ending and a new beginning for mankind, like it did in EoE, since purple is both the end and beginning of the chromatic scale.

---

Now going back to that livestream, what exactly was shown once the film was over, was is just the rainbow bar qu4d posted, this one minus the bottom part with the names of the movies?
View Original Postqu4d wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_color

Because if that's the case, maybe that was just a generic image placeholder for when a diffusion is over and before the next program is diffused, and we're all wracking our brains for nothing.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 am

I tried to watch the livestream, but it was just some guy commenting with Japanese tweets that I don't understand. I just saw a few images and a fan-made Evangelion trailer. One of the images was like a rainbow with some kanji, that I can't read. So I just added 2+2 and it made click. Went to google, looked for a picture with spectral colors and added the movie titles under it. So this image was made by me entirely.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:08 am

^
Okay thanks for the answer!
So I think that we should wait that a version of this livestream viewable by everyone appears in the web so moonrune speakers could translates what the kanjis in the rainbow image means.
Knowing the Internet, that will probably happens between this evening and past-tomorrow! :tongue:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:56 am

I mean, there are rainbows when the angels die and stuff.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:57 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Nothing could possibly contain as much mindfuckery as EoE did. It would be an impossibility. Oh god, I hope it's so much worse. It needs to give us actual orgasms when we're watching it from the awesomeness and fuckery; that's how fucked up it needs to be. I will not stand for anything less than people creaming their pants when they see FINAL.

Oh god, I hope Anno isn't reading this. Because if he is, we're probably going to get EOE, Eraserhead and Silent Hill levels of mindfuck mixed into one big ball of confusing sufficient to give people aneurysms. He'll probably detail Pen-Pen's painful, graphic death in meticulous detail, hand-drawn with ink made from the distilled bodies of children.

THAT is the kind of evil he will unleash.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:rainbow with some kanji

The kanji weren't the titles of each film so far ( 序破急 or in this case 序 破 Q ), were they?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 am

I honestly can't say. I just saw it for a few seconds and can't check it again. :uhh:

DemonSpade
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DemonSpade » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:I honestly can't say. I just saw it for a few seconds and can't check it again. :uhh:

I was there, and it was definitely the movie titles in Kanji.

JackyD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby JackyD » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:09 pm

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Because Eva 01 color is purple ?
I'm inside your head right now.

It's over
You are finished.

You frighten me good sir, with your ability to see within my mind!

Oh god, I hope Anno isn't reading this. Because if he is, we're probably going to get EOE, Eraserhead and Silent Hill levels of mindfuck mixed into one big ball of confusing sufficient to give people aneurysms. He'll probably detail Pen-Pen's painful, graphic death in meticulous detail, hand-drawn with ink made from the distilled bodies of children.

THAT is the kind of evil he will unleash.

Yep... ending 10x worse than EoE confirmed....

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:20 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:So this Rainbow Color Bar ran on the Eva 3.33 livestream from Japan for 30 minutes after the film ended right?

*Now addressing the rest of the thread* You know, it's entirely possible that since this is the default "No signal" thing for a while that this could have entirely no bearing on anything whatsoever, right?

Unless it was a custom image and not bar tones, I find myself highly sceptical of all this.
I finally put something here!

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:59 am

DemonSpade thinks the movie titles were in the image, though...

Every single one of us thought someone else was gonna record the thing and hook us up with any new content. Serves us right!

DemonSpade
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DemonSpade » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:41 pm

It was definitely NOT a "no signal" picture. It was the color spectrum as posted in this thread with the kanji below it (Jo, Ha, Q, ?). Seriously, I'm not THAT stupid.

The question is whether or not this stream was official.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:46 pm

^
So, the "?" was under the color blue or violet of the color spectrum?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”