Geofront/Moon Stuff

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 am

View Original PostSigner wrote:Rewatched that moment and it seems the FoIs, which I meant, are from the main shaft: [url]http://i1.minus.com/ibdUnImMsiFn8E.png[/url]

Oh, I forgot about these ones. Well then it's probably a mix of the ones which were hanging on the walls of Lilith's Chamber and the ones outside, in the ruins of Tokyo-3, which were sent flying when the Black Moon emerged from the ground.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Wait, so there was FoIs on the walls of Lilith's Chamber?
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:38 pm

^
Oh yes, the walls of the chambers were littered of climbing FoIs!
SPOILER: Show
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1135 dogma ceiling b.jpg[/wkimg]
[wkimg]File:Eva3-33 C1136 crevice.jpg[/wkimg]

The red mass you see are thousands of FoIs! When I said that whatever happened here 14 years ago was a madness of lovecraftian levels, I wasn't joking!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:52 pm

And by the look of inner walls of crack, they form relatively thin layer. I guess they were compressed by the barrier.
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:05 pm

View Original PostSigner wrote:Rewatched that moment and it seems the FoIs, which I meant, are from the main shaft: [url]http://i1.minus.com/ibdUnImMsiFn8E.png[/url]

You can also see them being vented out of the Black Moon later on.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 am

If mentioned already, point it out.

Can anyone see those layers or levies near the iris? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those layers look like they've been dug up or dug out by excavation equipment? If true, why would any government send out contractors to work around near Ground Zero in the Red Earth?

Also, has anyone mentioned how meticulously organised the crosses are around Tokyo-3? I mean they're evenly separated in a grid or line formation/s, why would an EVA be so precise when the Teeth canyon looks so disproportioned by comparison?

And one last thing, has anyone done a side-by-side shot/s of the Grid moon to the core sphere that the 12th Angel creates around Unit-13? I have a feeling that by comparison of the two entities seen in the shots during the truth reveal scene and Unit-13's guardian Angel creating a sphere are roughly the same dimensions when compared.
And no, I still don't own the movie yet, I'm not trying to be lazy here.
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 am

^
We don't know what those "layers" could be, and it's not really important now since the whole place blew up when the Black Moon emerged from the ground. Maybe we'll get an explanation(or at least a closer look) in a flash-back or side material about the Third Impact.

As for the crosses, yes it has been noted that the ones on the horizon seems to for a neat line, in opposition of the ones in the foreground placed randomly, you can see them more clearly on these shots :
[wkimg]Eva3-33_C0797_comp.jpg[/wkimg]

Or also at the end of the movie, when the Wunder is leaving neo-NERV's territory after recuperating EVA-08 and 02.

There are two main hypothesis about them :

- it's just the animators who copy-pasted them on the background to gain time.

- these crosses form a "frontier" of the core eroded territory, and beyond them the land is still on a more or less good state, or at least not turned to core.

As for the Moon-Grid/12th Angel comparison, errr... that grid we see outside is the Moon, the big white rock normally on orbit around the planet! Here somehow Third Impact made it crash back on Earth(or at least get very close to it, enough to suck in some if its atmosphere), so it's absolutely impossible that the 12th Angel's core have the same dimension!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:26 am

For the moon to come crashing down on earth would cause the moon to go kaboom and utterly demolish everything on the earth's surface. It's amazing that tidal effects aren't tearing the entire crust to pieces.

That actually makes me wonder about this discarded information from the Classified Information - that First Impact represents Lilith's crash-landing on Earth and Adam being knocked out. I know it's all old-series NGE stuff and not NTE, but we don't have any other explanation as to what First Impact is in either series, in-series.

The moon has gotten itself an atmosphere and is spinning insanely fast, almost like an entirely new planet. It's possible that N3I terraformed the moon, and that whatever Lilith was doing turned the Moon - her vessel - into a potential zone for the creation of new life. Earth's oceans turned red after 2I as an entirely new lifeform - the Angels - tried to spread. Who's to say that Lilith wasn't trying to do something similar on the moon? There's no shortage of energy from an N2 engine with which to physically transform a planet, and a being powerful enough to create black hole vortexes and bloat to the proportions of a small moon in a matter of minutes could easily bulk up the moon over a period of years.

In fact, isn't Lilith herself covered with the same grid as the moon, and didn't she bloat enormously in size (and even bloat the fused Eva-06)? Lilith has always been linked to the moon, and when she grew and started to form a grid, so did the moon. Whatever sort of planetary terraforming was going on came to an end, and Gendo seems to have pulled the plug on it with 4I.

Utter madness, I know, but it's the only thing that makes any kind of sense of something that is physically impossible and makes one go :dizzy: anyway.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:27 am

"Physically impossible" is the staple of FAR technology, nothing can come as "madness" when talking about these guys! :lol:

Now for the Moon, yeah I made an error by using the term "crashed", looking at how fast it spins, it's clear that it isn't touched Earth, but is floating at a very low altitude. Now that I think about it, maybe that weird core grid pattern is what keep it floating even being so close to the planet?

Now as for the consequences of it being so close to Earth, we don't know that at all, we only saw rapid flashes of unrecognizable coastal land during Operation US, so it's possible that there are regular giant tidal waves tearing the landscape to pieces, and the big Lilin settlements are made of cities on giant mobile islands dodging the Moon and surfing between giant tidal waves... man if that's the case that would be AWESOME! :w00t:

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby one-eyed » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

The technology of the FAR should be so advanced that obey the Third Law of Clark and this is what should have them extinct. They remind me of the Krell, an alien race of the American film Forbidden Planet of 1956. They invented a machine that allowed manipulate reality and were eradicated on the same day that activated it, victims of their own subconscious.

ElMariachi wrote: Now as for the consequences of it being so close to Earth, we don't know that at all, we only saw rapid flashes of unrecognizable coastal land during Operation US, so it's possible that there are regular giant tidal waves tearing the landscape to pieces, and the big Lilin settlements are made of cities on giant mobile islands dodging the Moon and surfing between giant tidal waves... man if that's the case that would be AWESOME!

Dying surfing the supreme Tsunami: I can imagine many worse ways to die and few better to go to the other world.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
As for the Moon-Grid/12th Angel comparison, errr... that grid we see outside is the Moon, the big white rock normally on orbit around the planet! Here somehow Third Impact made it crash back on Earth(or at least get very close to it, enough to suck in some if its atmosphere), so it's absolutely impossible that the 12th Angel's core have the same dimension!

I meant if you were to compare the truth scene shots featuring the Grid moon and the 12th Angel emergence into a core sphere around Unit-13. Of course they're not the same dimensions in terms of mass, just in the shot when put side by side.
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09 am

^
Well... the Moon is a sphere, and the 12th Angel is one too when it become a giant core... I don't see where you're going with this...

The grid pattern on the Moon is made of core material, that's the only other similarity I can see.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:59 am

Turning the moon into a core? Maybe if it was ready to carry away all the souls of Earth's creatures and launch itself on a trip to another star system. That's not out of the question with what we know about the FAR.

The same grid is actually seen in EoE when the Geofront breaks into that grid pattern and "bleeds" back its contents onto Earth. Maybe the entirety of the Moon was Lilith's vessel this time around rather than just the Geofront, and just the region around Japan got contaminated with lunar material thanks to Lilith's speculated accidental arrival (I say speculated, because there isn't even a tier 2.5 source like the CI to say what First Impact was). I suppose that a whole bunch of souls began to get sucked up when whatever shenanigans were due to go off there happened, and then the entire procedure was aborted.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 am

^
Well, assuming that the settei for the FAR still holds for Rebuild, maybe the Moon with the core grid pattern is its true form from when it was still the external hull for the Black Moon?

Maybe when whatever Third Impact thing which completely fucked up the local landscape and awoke Lilith happened, it activated the Black Moon which tried to absorb back the Lilin souls, and attracted the Moon back to it, activating it back(hence the grid core pattern) and once all the souls are collected inside the Black Moon, it would get back inside its "hull"(the Moon) before resuming its journey toward an suitable planet!

That's just pure speculation of course.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:39 am

Well... the Moon is a sphere, and the 12th Angel is one too when it become a giant core... I don't see where you're going with this...

The grid pattern on the Moon is made of core material, that's the only other similarity I can see.

Okay I'll try to make this more clear, compare the 12th Angel (in giant core form) and the Grid moon (when Shinji learns the truth about n3I) in a side-by-side comparison and discover whether or not they are in similar size in the scenes they're shown and compare them "side-by-side".
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 am

^
So you want to see the amount of screen they occupy in their respective scene, that's it? What do you want to see from such comparison?

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:31 am

So you want to see the amount of screen they occupy in their respective scene, that's it? What do you want to see from such comparison?

Just their dimensions, I feel like they're relatable. Take for instance of the shot behind Shinji as the clouds disperse revealing the Grid moon and compare it to the behind shot of the Mark.09 looking at the 12th Angel imitating Rei. In both scenes with those two characters looking at a large object, both come to almost the same question "What is that"/What am I"?

Also, when Unit-02 is shooting the 12th angel as it changing to core, compare that scene to when Shinji asks "What is that?" when he sees the Grid moon in a close up shot. I'm looking at screenshots as we speak (and still can't upload, god kill me) and I feel like they're relatable not just visually, but the scenes also present a familiar tone, it's called "the awful truth", if you get my drift.
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:29 am

If you want to upload pics, save the screenshots on your computer, then use an upload site like Imgur, then once it's uploaded, there'll be the links to share the pic on the column at the right of the screen.

Electreel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Electreel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Just to add to the confusion...

On the top it is the scaled model of the real distance between the Earth and the Moon. Even at this great distance the Moon is tidally locked (meaning only one side is facing the Earth while it revolves around it) due to Earth's gravity.

On the bottom is the approximate distance in Q, as calculated by me. At this distance the Moon would be expected to be torn apart by the gravitational forces. We also wouldn't expect it to be rotating horizontally to Earth's plane. Moon's pull would cause catastrophic sea tides and the deformation of the atmosphere on the side of the Earth facing it and on the opposite side, which would dramatically increase the atmospheric pressures at these areas.
[/img]

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:15 am

Well, a theory that could explain the proximity of the Moon while not being torn apart or ravaging Earth atmosphere is that it's origin as a the Black Moon's spaceship still holds in Rebuild, and that Third Impact reactivated it and put it on geostationary orbit around Earth, with some antigravitational propulsion activated so it won't affect the planet and potentially damage the Black Moon.

That would explain the strange grid of core material on it : maybe that's its system being activated, and that was how the Moon looked like for billions of years during it's space travel from the FAR homeworld to Earth.
The Black Moon partially emerging during Third Impact and totally emerging during Fourth Impact could had been it trying to call back the Moon and inserting itself back into it : the Black Moon would then be a giant entry plug and the Moon its vessel.

That or the situation on Earth is really shitty and I hope that all of WILLE's bases and Lilin settlements are mobiles, or Anno just didn't think it through...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”