Evangelion Series in NME

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:15 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I really doubt Captain Misato will indulge such caprice...

She was willing to paint 03 Red.

Misato's new gruff persona can really only be in relation to Shinji. There is no indication she is like that to any of the other crew. They all seem to respect her. If you compare her to Nemo from Nadia, Nemo acts the same ways towards the children. I imagine it's the same thing here.

Asuka is also, arguably, their most valuable asset. I'm sure she would indulge her if she just says the word. And I agree it would totally be in Asuka's character to demand some of the Eva get painted Red.

Or Mari and Asuka will argue what color the Eva should be and Misato "punishes" them by painting it both colors. Actually I can see this being the most logical reason.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 15, 2013 1:16 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:500,000,000 hours in photoshop

SPOILER: Show

:facepalm: So this is what Khara does in their spare time.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:She was willing to paint 03 Red.

Misato's new gruff persona can really only be in relation to Shinji. There is no indication she is like that to any of the other crew. They all seem to respect her. If you compare her to Nemo from Nadia, Nemo acts the same ways towards the children. I imagine it's the same thing here.

Asuka asked if Misato could do that if she liked EVA-03, Misato never answered. Besides that was before N3I, when there where far more resources.

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Or Mari and Asuka will argue what color the Eva should be and Misato "punishes" them by painting it both colors. Actually I can see this being the most logical reason.
Oh yes, that would be hilarious! At last some humor back in Evangelion, and just to see Asuka's face when she see the result!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Wed May 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Lonecow12 wrote:Or Mari and Asuka will argue what color the Eva should be and Misato "punishes" them by painting it both colors. Actually I can see this being the most logical reason.

That's really funny! Hey, maybe it would be like the dress fight in Sleeping Beauty (the dress ends up becoming half blue and half pink at one point): [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XST2VV74sk[/url]

Rebuild has already done a Sleeping Beauty reference with the Enchanted Shield of Virtue, so why not? :D
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 15, 2013 2:35 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Khara ... spare time.

Wut? They've got a film to make, dammit!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:40 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote::facepalm: So this is what Khara does in their spare time.

I think it's more like: "Okay, Q is finally finished! And right before the deadline, too! ...Chotto matte.... OH SHIT! WE FORGOT THE PREVIEW!!! Quick! Someone come up with a crazy idea for this thirty second clip! ...FrankenEva? I LIKE IT! Phew, dodged a bullet there. I hope the fans like it!"

Fans: :rei_meh: :asuka_stare:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed May 15, 2013 3:47 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Fans: :rei_meh: :asuka_stare:

Well I can definitely say Asuka probably wouldn't be a fan. They ruined her Unit 02! I'm sure she would rather have it destroyed over it being part of some hideous Eva science project.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Wed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm

One thing I don't understand though, wouldn't it imply it has a double entry plug system?

If I wanted to start crazy speculations I could say it might be a refitted Eva 13 : D But it's likely not the case.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 15, 2013 4:50 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I think it's more like: "Okay, Q is finally finished! And right before the deadline, too! ...Chotto matte.... OH SHIT! WE FORGOT THE PREVIEW!!! Quick! Someone come up with a crazy idea for this thirty second clip! ...FrankenEva? I LIKE IT! Phew, dodged a bullet there. I hope the fans like it!"

I doubt you can rent out TOHO's motion capture stage on short notice.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

atarashiieva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby atarashiieva » Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:One thing I don't understand though, wouldn't it imply it has a double entry plug system?

If I wanted to start crazy speculations I could say it might be a refitted Eva 13 : D But it's likely not the case.

Wille might find Unit-13 and analyze it to create a similar double entry system for Unit 8+2.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 15, 2013 5:12 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:"...FrankenEva? I LIKE IT! Phew, dodged a bullet there. I hope the fans like it!"

Sounds like Anno to me!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm

You know this actually brings up a damn good question.

We saw Wille recover Eva-08 and 02.

Did they actually recover 13 and TWO FUCKING SPEARS STUCK INTO IT?

That seems like the best loot ever.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed May 15, 2013 5:17 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Did they actually recover 13 and TWO FUCKING SPEARS STUCK INTO IT?

...oh. OH. Wille has new toys to play around with, I suppose. Two spears... Anybody opposing them might be fucked.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:...oh. OH. Wille has new toys to play around with, I suppose. Two spears... Anybody opposing them might be fucked.

Then Gendo will probably have never before mentioned Excalibur and Cross of Jesus already. We will never be told where he got them from and will be forced to roll with it. Because good guys in Evangelion can't be allowed to have an edge over their enemies.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 15, 2013 6:15 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:500,000,000 hours in photoshop

Kill it.
Kill it with fire.

Also, guys...

Reichu wrote:This thread is turning into a clone of this one.... Maybe this one should be explicitly devoted to the MP units and all else merged into the other.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:19 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:You know this actually brings up a damn good question.

We saw Wille recover Eva-08 and 02.

Did they actually recover 13 and TWO FUCKING SPEARS STUCK INTO IT?

That seems like the best loot ever.

I don't think so, mainly for the following reasons:

1) There's a good chance that if they remove the Spears Eva-13 might become usable as an Impact Trigger again, and they don't want Shinji or anyone else sitting in that entry plug.

2) We don't see Eva-13 at the end with Eva-02 and 08, nor do we have any indication that Wille picked it up. Something that important would at least be mentioned in an off-hand manner.

3)Eva-13 and Eva-08 seem to land a fair distance apart. While it might not take long for the Wunder to cross that distance, the "L Barrier" thing mentioned by Asuka might prevent them from entering the area where it is and picking it up.

4) Eva 08+02 is using the Magorox Sword instead of the spears, even though the latter should be better than the former. Admittedly the trailer could be just a troll and in the end we will see Asuka and Mari use the Spears against the MP Evas (The irony :lol: ).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Mon May 20, 2013 4:09 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:The idea that it would be a repaint of unit 08 is nothing new. Unit 02 was nearly totally destroyed and is missing both arms, legs and lower torso so it's logical these parts don't belong to her.

It's logical that only the head was usable, so I wonder what Khara is trying to achieve with the 8+2 idea. So far both 2.0 and 3.0 have shown Nigouki go into beast mode with great effect... the beast scenes were effective because we (the fandom) have an emotional attachment to Nigouki and Shogouki that doesn't extend to the other Evas. In fact I suspect the scene in 2.0 was specifically intended to establish Nigouki as a character separate from Asuka, which nicely contributed to the emotional aspect of the sacrifice in 3.0.

So was the 8+2 battle in the preview just meant to show us that "Nigouki lives on!"? Kind of like pirate Asuka in the last preview? Hardly meaningful if all that's left is half a head. How dehumanizing! Also, a beast-mode 8+2 would be lame.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Maybe they couldn't regrow EVA's lost limbs before because whatever machines required to do so needed an huge amount of energy, and they didn't have anything to produce such amounts.
In NGE the healing process required to immerse the EVA in a giant pool of LCL, then to start growing the missing parts inside said pool and then graft them to the EVA. And in 2.0 while repairing EVA-01's arms after Sahaquiel battle(which where almost reduced to a pulp connected to the torso by bones and nerves due to the pressure exerted by Sahaquiel's propulsion), it was shown into a some sort of giant Magnetic resonance imaging room, just that seems to require an huge amount of power, and that's probably just to diagnose the damages!
Seeing how scarce on resources WILLE are(they had to use captured Nemesis Series to give the minimum required energy to the Wunder) I really doubt they had the means to power such machineries.
Powering that thing can't let a good ecological balance  SPOILER: Show

But now they have EVA-01 which give them infinite amounts of power! So maybe now they can power the installations required to fully heal an Evangelion, and thus will be able to bring back EVA-02 from the dead!
But they couldn't let the cat out of the bag and reveal that Unit-02 will make its come back for more asskicking alongside EVA-08, so they told us an half truth by presenting EVA 8+2... EVA-08 accompanied by EVA-02! Maybe the will grant it yet another change on design and aren't decided on it yet, or don't want the spoil the surprise!

Of course that would imply a a time skip, it probably takes months to heal such extensive damages.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:00 pm

For some reason Eva-01's arms seem to be partially uncovered in that pic.... They also seem to be completely white, like the skin of its hands that we saw in 1.0 and Lilith's flesh. At least they're being consistent with the skin color change, although there still doesn't seem to be any indication about what it is meant to tell us.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 27, 2013 1:54 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:For some reason Eva-01's arms seem to be partially uncovered in that pic.... They also seem to be completely white, like the skin of its hands that we saw in 1.0 and Lilith's flesh. At least they're being consistent with the skin color change, although there still doesn't seem to be any indication about what it is meant to tell us.

Actually, EVA-01's arms are bandaged here, as they were crushed under Sahaquiel's pressure to the point that the muscular mass burst out of the covering of the arm. You can see the bandaging very clearly in the seconds before that screenshot when the camera was zooming in the little car at the right.

EDIT-resurrection :
I noticed two odd things about the MP-EVAS and the facilities supposedly buiding them we glimpsed at in 3.0.

Firstly about the hands :
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C0619A hands.jpg[/wkimg]

They are of a very pale green, same with the forearm, except for the "stripe" at the center of the forearm that is dark green.

Now look at the MP-EVAs we see during the preview :
[wkimg]Eva3-33 jikai C12 mp-evas.jpg[/wkimg]

Here, the hands are khaki, the forearm is black and the stripe pale green.

Secondly, about the production line we see just before the shot of the hanging hands :

OK so the things on the left are the special trains that NERV used in 1.0 and 2.0 to move the EVAs around Tokyo-3's rail system. These ones have neo-NERV's logo on it, so they were recently built... so they are probably build to move the MP-EVAs army around... around what?
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C0812B comp.jpg[/wkimg]

The facilities are in the altar, thousands of meters above the ground, the only way down is through the Main Shaft which only lead to Lilith's Chamber and from EVA-13 and Mark.09 little tour we know that it don't have any rail... so for what the hell is neo-NERV building these trains, and where did they stock them, the altar is big, but not that big, even if the walls are actually hollows!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon May 27, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”