Mark.06 in 3.0 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
thegrove
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thegrove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

View Original PostMbryo wrote:And what happened to Unit 13 in the end? Does it just go limp after Shinji is ejected? It already absorbed the 12th Angel, Lilith and the Rokugouki, so it is potentially a God..................

If that is true, Unit-01 will have one hell of a battle to fight. If 01 wasn't powerful enough, now throw Lilith, an Adam-suspect, an Adam, and an angel into a blender and pit that against whoever is going to pilot Unit-01. I would very much like to see them show down against each other, whether it be a curb-stomp battle or a livelock waltz of epic proportions.
Towards a cataclysmic conclusion

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Whatever Shinji is in will win somehow.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Whatever Shinji is in will win somehow.

Or get skewered and float into the sky, apparently unable to move or resist the inexorable forces pushing things to their conclusion.

It might actually be interesting to see Shinji piloting the Mark.06. It could be like in the interchangeability experiment in the TV series, and he goes all "this smells of Kaworu".
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Mbryo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mbryo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 am

From what I'm hearing the Rokugouki is inserted in Lilith's headless neck stump, in a sort of fossilized state but when the spear is pulled out it revives completely. Rei in unit9 chops its head off with the scythe, and the 12th angel, an all-core being, 'emerges' from it.
FUS roh Duh.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Ok so I watched some parts of the screener, and something surprised me:

That's apparently eva 06 fused with Lilith. But it's like 5-6 times the size of a normal eva... Is it because Lilith's size expended for some reason?

Does it shrink back to normal once Lilith explodes? It's really confusing.
Last edited by Jinroh on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:50 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:But it's like 5-6 times the size of a normal eva... Is it because Lilith's size expended for some reason?

¯\(°_o)/¯

Does it shrink back to normal once Lilith explode?

Yep. After Lilith explodes, Mark.06 is just floating there above the "blood", back to its normal size and color. No transition or explanation whatsoever.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks. Urgh, why did they have to make the visual style so complicated and confusing...

I really feel like they complicated things in term of picture and dialogues for no apparent reason. It's really cheap, it doesn't feel like we can find explanations the same way we did for the main series.

Creating mysteries is one thing, but making the whole thing more confusing than it should be isn't very interesting...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm

View Original Postthegrove wrote:If that is true, Unit-01 will have one hell of a battle to fight. If 01 wasn't powerful enough, now throw Lilith, an Adam-suspect, an Adam, and an angel into a blender and pit that against whoever is going to pilot Unit-01. I would very much like to see them show down against each other, whether it be a curb-stomp battle or a livelock waltz of epic proportions.

did you not see the preview ? franken eva double piloted with Asuka and mari is ptted versus dozens of eva series, and as they jump forward a canion we see some weird spacecraft (maybe the adam moon with HUNDREDS of at fields from eva series in the ground below.

If any of that make into the final movie its gonna be WTF and the most gruesome death Asuka and mari will share, no way they are going past that.
ANATA BAKA !?

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm

I don't really know how you can see at-fields or anything like that where 8+2 is jumping. It looks like a mess.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:54 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't really know how you can see at-fields or anything like that where 8+2 is jumping. It looks like a mess.

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/vlcsnap2013011321h48m20.png/[/img]

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/vlcsnap2013011321h48m20.png/[/url]

Click the link above and zoom in, a sea of at fields coming from hundreds eva series, you can barelly make one shape near eva leg.
ANATA BAKA !?

MrGodzilla
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrGodzilla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:59 pm

I couldnt even watch the preview on the screener... it just started over the whole video when it got past the 92 ish minute mark
Eva 01: RAAARGH (Ill jump on your FACE!)
Sachiel: screee (dude i just impaled you through the head, how are you still moving..!)
Eva 01: RRAAAGHG!! (FUCK YOU THATS HOW!)
Sachiel: screeee (damn AT field DEPLOY!!)
Eva 01: RRAAHG! (FUCK your field ill break your arms)
Sachiel: screEE! (fuck it ill just blow up.)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm

View Original PostMrGodzilla wrote:I couldnt even watch the preview on the screener... it just started over the whole video when it got past the 92 ish minute mark

VLC Media Player managed it for me.

(Also, this post belonged in the camrip thread, surely?)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm

I recall the first time watching the Camprip, I didn't see Mark 6 in the shot at all ,and I don't recall anyone mentioning seeing it until lillith exploded, so it came across to me as though mark 6 was intentionally down there to be awakened by Shinji/kaworu when they removed the spears so that the Angel would be released (possibly on purpose by Rei who was just following Gendo's orders) and cause 4th impact.

And on the subject of Mark06/lillith being 6 tiems the size of an Eva, that seems appropriate for how large lillith is in the scenes prior to merging.

Finally...Reichu have you still not seen the camrip? Even though its far from perfect, you still get pretty much 99% of the plot with accompanying visuals from it.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Since I'm making a post to this thread anyway: there's some Mark.06 stuff in here.

View Original PostFearthebait wrote:And on the subject of Mark06/lillith being 6 tiems the size of an Eva, that seems appropriate for how large lillith is in the scenes prior to merging.

Why should Mark.06 be huge just because Lilith is? I mean... what's the mechanism?

Finally...Reichu have you still not seen the camrip?

I saw it as soon as I learned it existed. What gave the impression that I hadn't?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:39 am

View Original PostFearthebait wrote:I recall the first time watching the Camprip, I didn't see Mark 6 in the shot at all.

Really? You can kind-of see it on top of Lilith's neck-stump and when Shinji pulls the Spears out. It's white for some reason so it's difficult to distinguish, but it's there. And then there was that big scene where it floats down re-coloured again, before the Twelfth Angel appears.
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

And I'm nothing like you

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:51 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Moving back to Rei

...in the Mark.06 thread?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:30 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:...in the Mark.06 thread?

Sorry. I thought I was in the "Rei in 3.0 and Beyond" thread. My bad.

And I'm nothing like you

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am

Why should Mark.06 be huge just because Lilith is? I mean... what's the mechanism?

Perhaps it's just the same oversight used during the animation in the original series. IE Evas would be small enough to be climbing buildings or hiding behind them for cover, and in the next scene they are 50 bajillion feet tall (EoE comes to mind mostly). Unfortunately the only example of an angel absorbing an Eva in NME is between Zeruiel and Eva 0. Both were of similar size/shape. And I know we can't really make correlations between NME and NGE but when lillith absorbed Rei in the original, it didn't shrink to a size in between the two, Lillith/Rei maintained it's size and even grew larger later. So that could be the mechanic you're looking for.

I saw it as soon as I learned it existed. What gave the impression that I hadn't?

Because I'm dumb and didn't notice the post dates for most of this thread were before the camrip came out.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am

Was Mark 06 ever seen to be the same size as other Evas? I don't think we see it side-by-side with another Eva, even after it comes out of its petrified state.

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 pm

^We got a brief shot of Mark.06 levitating above Eva-01 at the end of the second film. Same size as far as I could tell.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”