Camrips Discussion Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Nothing appears to be missing. There is no jump in footage. Everything on the camrip happens directly after the six minute preview. If anybody wants, I will PM a direct link to the script that I'm working with. It's a free-to-edit project, but it's 100% correct. It's what I'm trying to burn in.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:That's in the first six min that are already all over the internet because they were released early. Those aren't in the rip, no.

The question is wether there's something in between those and Shinji waking up on a stretcher.

Again, I keep feeling reminded of Elfen Lied, all those guns pointed at an allegedly deadly kid, explosive leashes...

I dont remember Asuka using a rifle on unit-02 in space while lining up with the moon behind her. Care to enlighten what you mean?

Im farely certain that sequence wasnt shown in the 6min preview nor in the rip.

It could TECHNICALLY be in the missing 4 minutes but it doesnt fit the progression of the story. EDIT if something is missing at all that is

Ive read that the preview that was shown in TV was not the whole sequence, does it have something to do with that? Or is that blatantly wrong.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Much of the material in the early trailers that were released was never intended to be in the movie in the first place. The Asuka scene that you are referring to was rough footage. It was never finished.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Kendrix, my explanation got a little personal so I'll PM it to you rather than posting it in this thread.

View Original PostJadley wrote:I know this probably already crossed someone else s mind but......couldn't we mix all the decent-looking camrips and footage we've got so far to this point,
so we could make a more decent and more watchable camrip than this?.... just saying, i know it's a lot of work, i myself would probably
rage quit in the process of doing so.
Anyways i just wanted to mention it, in case someone was already doing it.

Before this rip came out that was the original plan. There was a guy on /a/ working on what he dubbed "Frankenrip." He was going to insert audio from the audiorip with subtitles and either a black screen or still images in the parts of the movie we lacked camrip scenes of.

Now that this camrip is out, though, he said last night he doesn't see the point really. Something like that might still happen over the next few days, replacing portions of this camrip that are low quality with portions from others that are high quality, but I'm not sure. Honestly I don't think it's that necessary anymore. The quality is kind of low, yea, but I don't need high def to watch Eva, even if 3.0 is visually stunning and confusing. The core of Eva for me is the dialogue.

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote: The core of Eva for me is the dialogue.

This.
Also i don't mind having to watch the low quality camrip, having watched the first camrip of 2.0 when it cam out...... this compared to that could be considered an HD Camrip.
i'll probably watch the movie as it is right now and wait for the DVD and BDrip.
Also about the missing minutes, i don't think the camrip is missing anything but the first 7 minutes preview that we all saw.
It's too late to pry away.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Search "Evangelion 3.0" on nyaa.eu, it's the same file with (hopefully) fixed audio delay and (rough) subtitles.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Snip

i have a diferent interpretation, i dont know the dialogue, but she clearly verbally assault him, then goes away, then she gets frustrated and go back to him, the whole kicking him aside and poking his face as she dragged him outside was her trying to get a reaction from him and frustrated when she doesnt, and the most telling is THEN the competition comes along and she stops. Her sights and the competition are th most telling.

i also want to bring to everyones attention something no one mentioned before, Shinji WAS holding the SDAT, untill Asuka violent grabs him, and he was GRASPING for it as she brought him along her before it cuts to Rei staring at it, there is some deeper meaning in the scene.
Last edited by bladerj on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

The woman that looks like Mari in the picture with Yui holding Shinji is definitely not Mari. She resembles her but from what I can see her face is structured differently. She's most likely Mari's mother, Mari/Shinji childhood friends or at least family friends most likely theory.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

i need subs, any will do.
ANATA BAKA !?

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:His honest feelings of wanting to atone, to prove himself, to save the world, to do good, just a little bit of good, that all doesn't count shit.
What counts is that he failed.
And after all that, all his suffering, all the effort it took him to get his act sufficiently together for this, he gets insulted and brutally kicked for his troubles.

Like I've said before, I almost wonder if Anno isn't using some of his experience from the reactions to original flavor Eva as insperation. But anyways this is a problem. Yeah we can get a story of redemption. But the way Anno's probably going to present it, will it work? I could put the end of EOE this way. Shinji learns to feel better about himself. That and a dime gets a lousy cup of coffee. Shinji just learning to feel good about himself isn't going to cut it this time.

"He won't ever be forgiven, this is too much for it to ever be forgiven, human beings don't forgive that"n
This is something that we're seeing both in universe and out. You can see it with some of the posters reactions to Shinji. They will never again see Shinji as anything but a miserable piece of shit that keeps nearly ending the world.

Well if this continues, it should prbably be done in the appropiate threads.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:53 am

There's an allegedly improved camrip on nyaa already, I'll copy the torrent description here: "Drastically improved Evangelion Q camrip. Subtitles are styled and properly timed, video has been panned and rotated to correct perspective (the camera still shakes a lot however--it's far from perfect: it's a camrip after all!), video has been filtered to hell to try to hide source artifacts.

This includes the entire runtime of the movie, including the 6 minutes at the beginning, sourced from the preview that was previously released."

My download is almost finished now so I'll watch it and get back to you on the overall quality of it.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am

Yeah, I downloaded that one last night. It's a low quality version ripped offline of the fist 7 minutes, then moves right into the camrip that's out now.

I compared the file with the audio rip from when 3.0 came out & we now have the entire movie. All (exactly) 90 minutes of it. The movie goes directly from the minutes leaked online to Shinji having guns trained on him.

I haven't seen the rip entirerly because this damn film job is keeping me busy. But tonight! Tonight I will finally watch the whole damn thing!

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 am

I just watched the first 30 minutes and it's considerably better than the previous one, if just for the angle correction, plus the first seven minutes were added, so this is the go to camrip now.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Yeah, I downloaded that one last night. It's a low quality version ripped offline of the fist 7 minutes, then moves right into the camrip that's out now.

I compared the file with the audio rip from when 3.0 came out & we now have the entire movie. All (exactly) 90 minutes of it. The movie goes directly from the minutes leaked online to Shinji having guns trained on him.

I haven't seen the rip entirerly because this damn film job is keeping me busy. But tonight! Tonight I will finally watch the whole damn thing!

[s]Can you confirm it has Kaworu's lines at 7 minutes? In the camrip that we got Wednesday/Thursday there was a little less than 1 minute missing between the 6 minute preview and the start of the rip, it included 2 lines by Kaworu.
[/s]

I'm so stupid, that part wasn't missing it was a part of the preview and I forgot.

Anyway, I'll download it now and see. I guess I have to edit my PM if this is the one I use.

Jesterhead
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jesterhead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Significant improvement from the other rips. If only for the added 6.5m at the beginning. The angle correction and properly timed subs are just gravy at this point!

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Better reply late than never:

View Original PostKendrix wrote:You sure that's not intentional dissonance fully intended to be very disturbing?

Probably, and it actually starts earlier then the final scene. Shinji's facial expression when he pushes against the wall of his Plug as Kaworu is about to blow is ridiculous.

Anno's not only painting Shinji as a moron, he is also being something of a dick about it.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Anno's not only painting Shinji as a moron, he is also being something of a dick about it.

I like that though. Shinji isn't really portrayed as a victim in the film, and it's somewhat refreshing.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I just watched the first 30 minutes and it's considerably better than the previous one, if just for the angle correction, plus the first seven minutes were added, so this is the go to camrip now.

I disagree. After watching the two versions of the cam-rip side by side, I think the original version is still better despite the off set camera angle? Reason? Well the angle correction has cut off certain sections of the image. We don't need to lose any more of the film due to terrible editing. The second reason being that although the artificating has been cleared up slightly, the line detail and colours are now more washed out on the new cam-rip version.

Its as if someone DNR'ed the whole cam-rip here. I think I'll stick with the first version of this cam-rip thank you very much.....

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:16 pm

IMO whatever slight loss in quality the new camrip has is more than made up for by the improved subs, the addition of the preview and the better angle because really, comparing the image quality in these camrips is literally trying to choose the lesser of two evils, if we're to choose between bad and bad with added footage, sub lines and improved view orientation I'll take the latter.

vinicius0712
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vinicius0712 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Is this new camrip full movie wih subs?

If so, who I must pm to get to see it?
????

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”