[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:54 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Mari is trunks Perhaps?

Come to think of it... given the "curse of Eva", we actually don't know for sure what age Mari already was when she appeared in 2.0, do we? :huh:

e:f,b :fistshake:

Ynnead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ynnead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Mari is trunks Perhaps?
So either she has a time machine or being from the universe pre-reboot has granted her some sort of immortality (well there is Kaworu who's who knows how old,can breath in space, and clearly knew this was a sequel)

I do like the implication that if She is Shinji and Asuka's kid, she kind of sort of doesn't really seem to care all that much, understandable really all things considered. "What dad is completely flipping out over accidentally causing third impact? ehh been there done that, wake me when I have to pilot."

edit: as others have pointed out, the LCL thing really does throw her real age into question.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am

This is what happens when you stop checking 4chan for a pair of hours because you're annoyed by the shipping wars, they post Kotono's interview from the pamphlet:
SPOILER: Show
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:03 am

We need someone to translate all these interviews.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Come to think of it... given the "curse of Eva", we actually don't know for sure what age Mari already was when she appeared in 2.0, do we? :huh:

e:f,b :fistshake:

One would think that the invention/discovery of LCL (which would have to be post-Second Impact) would be a constraint on how old Mari is chronologically. If one were to go by the TV timeline, Eva-01 was having its Contact Experiment with Yui ~4 years after Second Impact. Logically, LCL would have to be involved with that. Also, LCL likely wouldn't have been created in siginificant quantities before that point so 2I + 4 years would be a pretty firm date for the purpose of these calculations.

Were a 14-year-old Mari first exposed to LCL at 2I + 4 years in the Rebuild timeline, the oldest she could possibly be 38, as 3I was ~14 years after 2I, and the time-skip is another 14 years. As such, 14 + 10 + 14 = 38.

Of course, this assumes that there's no time-travel, prequel/sequel universes, or other nonsense that would interfere with the calculations...
Last edited by svenge on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:We need someone to translate all these interviews.

I searched on the archive the last threads just to check out if there was a proper translation or at least a long synthesis but I only found this very short synthesis, it's probably only a brief excerpt.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:This is what happens when you stop checking 4chan for a pair of hours because you're annoyed by the shipping wars
same here!
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 am

Guess that was the whole point of the time skip.

God that made me crack-up! :lol:
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 am

Somehow, after reading Kendrix's tearful analysis, I am further convinced that this is still NGE in the fundamental sense. I really should wait until 2015 or whenever they release the last film to watch them however. Just seeing Q is probably akin to watching episode 24 and thinking/feeling that's the end.

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:30 am

I wonder why they changed Shinji's mother's name
Also sprach Zarathustra

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:45 am

I had a really hard time understanding what the hell was going on cause my Japanese is really bad.

But it was clear to me pretty much from the beginning that much like Lucas's SW prequels, these movies had no plan before they went into production.

First was a lifeless remake of the first few episodes. Boring.

And then they must have said "screw it" cause the second movie was the best Evangelion theatrical release ever....everything thrown out the window...just amazing....

But then the end left them with NOWHERE to go and two more films to finish. And so that's why it took over three years to get the next one....they were probably like "oh shit...now what."

And the beginning of this movie was like a kick in the teeth, but in a good way!! It was all starting all over from scratch. Suddenly, we're not in a mecha anime anymore, but GIANT SPACESHIP anime like Yamato/Macross/Gundam!! Captain Misato and her rag tag crew flying their amazing ship through the wastelands of earth!! What the hell?? It's crazy....it's nothing like EVA at all, but it's FUN!!

And then comes the forty or so minutes of Shinji and Kaoru's love story. And it was BORING. Sorry. It was just boring as hell. Their two boys in love, and Shinji freaks out cause he can't believe someone is touching him so gently. Yawn. I get it. I got it the first time.

And then finally there was some crazy ACTION! But just like EoE I was like what in the fuck is going on??? And Kaoru explodes his own head and the Japanese crowd was all sad cause apparently super effeminate boys are just the epitome of kakkoi. I just never understood all the love for that character. But at least he HAD character. Mari is worthless. She's just a caricature really. As are all the new WILLE crew members. Nobody has any time to do anything except yell a few lines. Pretty hard to care about any of them...they're completely disposable.

And then Asuka drags Shinji off into the desert with the cold unfeeling clone of Rei tagging along. The end.

And there was a short preview of an Eva changing colors like it was ALL the Evas put together. But it doesn't matter, cause most likely, that scene won't be in the FINAL, just like none of the Q preview scenes were in the movie!!

Now we will probably wait another 3 years while they try to come up with some way to continue the story....again!

Choo1701
Embryo

Re: Touji and Kensuke

•      
  •      

Postby Choo1701 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:About the wristbands, could it be a reference to Kaji ?

The blue wristband's might be more relevent to the WILL-E 'cover story' being about converting the red ocean back to it's pre-impact blue.

BTW: If I remeber WALL-E right, the cute little trash can does shout out "EVE-AH!! " a lot...
And what is that? - Username
Sequels. - Hyper Shinchan

--- Welcome to the bottom of this post. We really hope you enjoyed your stay ---

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:And then finally there was some crazy ACTION!

How was the action? was it really good?
Also sprach Zarathustra

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 am

Can't say we will be waiting for 3 years \cause the character silhouette were available a year in advance. Likely, 4.0 is being worked on while we speak. (I'm drunk while posting this.)

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:48 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:...and slowly, I'm feeling myself seeping into the next phase, the next stage, I am processing, and the initial reaction I was trying to describe is seeping away as I write and I wonder if I should hang onto it and the numbness it brings.

Sorry to interrupt the panic attack you were having over a cartoon, but BornIn1142 pointed out to me how reminiscent your prose was of Patrick Bateman's interior monologue from American Psycho, so I re-read your entire post while imagining Christian Bale's voice, and I laughed so hard that I almost threw up.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am

Did this ever get a translation?

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:A description about the last scenes in Terminal Dogma

カオルは悪い黒幕的な存在だと思ってたけど違ってEOEからの流れで
シンジを今度こそ救いたいって事が本心の最初のシトの気まぐれか正義キャラ
二本の槍をヱヴァ13号機で抜いてヱヴァと槍の力を使えば破壊から逆転の再生へと導ける…
世界を戻し救う為に二人で進んだけど槍はダミーでゲンドウ達の罠だった
その罠にカオルはなんとなく気づいたけどシンジは世界を救いたい一心で突き進む
阻止せんとヴィレのヱヴァ改2号機と8号機VS13号機(ファンネル搭載)
地下に横たわるヱヴァ6号機は12シトだった
カオルはゲンドウの罠と最後のシトによって13号機とカオル(13シトとする)をトリガーとしてフォースインパクトが発動
改2号の自爆とヴンダー&ヱヴァ8号の突貫、カオルの協力によりフォースインパクト阻止成功
カオルタヒ亡…演出流星の如く
再び始まるシンジアスカ別レイ最後の物語…つづく。

Help me with this one, guys xD
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:41 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:This is what happens when you stop checking 4chan for a pair of hours because you're annoyed by the shipping wars, they post Kotono's interview from the pamphlet:

I translated the interview for practice and it's kind lame as far as info is concerned. BTW, I'm not a native English speaker...

Interview with Misato's voice actress

"When I gave an order, I did it all without hesitating with a feeling like 'I can only move forward!' or 'IF I fall then al least frontwards'"

Q: I think the 14-year timejump was a huge surprise, but how did it feel for the cast?
A: Also among the [voice] actors, there are those who do understand the world of Eva, and those who don't. I'm one of the latter group and don't understand it at all (laughs).

Q: Especially when looking at Misato's stance towards Shinji, it seems like a lot has happened [during these 14 years].
A: I think there was a lot of pain and spilled tears during these 14 years. It seemed like Misato had overcome this and deleted these memories, but the moment she met Shinji it all came up again. "Please act really really cold", this is what I have been told, but when I did so I have been told "It's so much that it's scary", so I said "Eh, not like this?" (laughs)
I tried to remember the hard time I had in my life, but that was rejected "Normal is okay, don't try too hard to make something up". Despite this, even my normal acting has not been appreciated. So in the end I tried everything, but none was good enough, so I went on with it while asking myself "How should I do this now?"

Q: I suppose there was an explanation by director Anno about the situation or circumstances?
A: As my own age was close to that of the character, I was told to act just like that. For 'Yo' [Rebuild 1.0] I have been told to try harder to sound younger, but this time I could just be myself.
There's this organisation called WILLE, which fights against NERV, and they even have built this magnificient ship WUNDER to [forcefully] get Shinji back and so on... this is from the script, but otherwise it was all my own guess. Only, I totally like the new costume. The first impression I got from the new Misato was "Wow, I really like her. She has turned out to be really cool...", so yes, I really favored the new costume.
I felt like この高いエリ (Kono Takai Eri/This high Ely?), 応援団 (Ouendan/Supportgroup) or Captain Okita from Yamato, so with this costume I'd even do cosplay (laughs). It's really the coolest thing.

Q: She's really bold/elegant. Female fans should increase [because of her].
Speaking of this, as she has become the captain of a battle ship, most of her lines she shouts. So honestly I was looking forward less to the acting. Before we saw many happy scenes from her life, so I wasn't sure if I should chose what I should take, my thinking or my standpoint, so I had a chance to say "Go, Shinji!" quite a lot [I think she means, she wasn't sure if she should act as a friend or superior to Shinji]. The range of inner emotions/feelings etc was broad, so it was a lot of fun.
But you know, If I say cold things to Shinji as soon as I meet him, it's clear that he will close his heart. So I acted, while I was thinking "Misato, what has happened?", and imagining that something really terrible must have happened 14 years ago [I don't understand one point of this sentence's sytax, the meaning might be slightly different].
Now I treat it like this: Surely she has become like this while adhering to her own sense of justice.

Q: She is a lot stronger than before now.
A: Even if it is so, I feel like it's not her own will, but she just got to become like his. I was just happy that she survived together with Ritsuko. This time Ritsuko seem slike a spy from Russia. I like it how she takes a step back and supports Misato. I feel like the battle of the once young women has surpassed ??? one mountain [can't make sense of this. Maybe some kind of proverb, which possibly means that it has been taken another step forward].

Q: Taking into consideration that they have seperated from NERV, the relationship between Misato and Ritsuko seems more like this of Gendo and Fuyutsuki.
A: Hmmm, yeah, right. So, then next time I hide my hand in front of my mouth like this. (laughs) [She refers to Gendo holding his ads in front of his mouth while talking, the famous pose.]

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 am

That is a ridiculously awesome shot of Evil Misato right there.

I know many of you sub-centric folk might not care, but given the above I get the feeling Alison Keith-Shipp will get the chance to knock something clean out of the park with the direction theyve taken with Misato, surpassing even EoE.

If she, Spike and whoever it is who plays Kaworu nail it, the dub could be awesome.

Anyone following any of the Rebuild dub cast on facebook or twitter or something? Their reactions to where things have gone could be interesting.

elemileTLDR
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby elemileTLDR » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 am

I must say: The way Kendrix summed it up was exactly what I was hoping for: worst than EoE, under the conviction that what is done can never be mended. For me, this is bright news: that Evangelion might be really back and, what I thought impossible, plot-wise enhaced; still faithful to the brave compromise of never avoiding conflict by taking emergency exits or cleared paths, heading instead towards the most complicated and difficult possible ways to arrive at a true conclusion: an end for all ends, an end that really ends it all. And all in order to, just then, start to ponder existence honestly...

So this all sounds very good to me. Very promising and very good.

Also:
Asuka and I are the same age now, but she remains like new...

This is the best.
Last edited by elemileTLDR on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
xϵ{0,1} ; PI: x²=x ; PNC: x(1-x)=0 ; PEM: x+(1-x)=1 —Boole
If our gods and hopes became scientific matters, why wouldn't our love as well?...
I offer you a scientific Eve. Chimere by chimere, sin by sin.
—V. De L'Isle-Adam

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 am

Well, the film is damn depressing, but there are always people who keep watching the cast get more and more depressed and broken as the series progresses. In the TV series we saw relationships between the characters disintegrate as more and more bad shit happens to them (character deaths, Asuka's depression and so on). 3.0 is like that, but on a vastly magnified scale. Everyone's really shaken by Third Impact; quite a lot of characters are dead (Toji, Kensuke, Hikari, Kaji and Pen Pen) and the Rei Shinji knew has been replaced by soulless Black!Rei who's not interested in him at all. Not to mention everyone hates him. Then we have Fourth Impact, Kaworu dies and most of the Earth becomes like it was in EoE. It's depressing, but people keep watching because they like the pyschological element or they're hoping to actually see Shinji get a happy ending.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”