[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
evangelist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evangelist » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Is there anything from the 2.22 Previews that made it into 3.0? Havn't seem the film yet but I have heard that there is a whole lot of stuff missing which is pretty natural of Anno, trolling everyone again.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:21 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:How long do you think it will take to come out on DVD to help update our wiki?

At this time it is not easy to say when it will see a home video release. If it were to be done as soon as it were feasible, you're looking at a space of at least five months from when 3.0 finishes in Japanese theatres. From the space between the 2.0 theatre run and the 2.22 home video release, a fairer guess would be more in the range of seven to ten months - again, it all depends on how much they want to add to 3.0 for the home video release, and since we don't know that...
Voluntary Illusion.

Ynnead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ynnead » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm

View Original Postevangelist wrote:Is there anything from the 2.22 Previews that made it into 3.0? Havn't seem the film yet but I have heard that there is a whole lot of stuff missing which is pretty natural of Anno, trolling everyone again.
Not a damn thing, of course I think that's a habit of Anime trailers in general.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Plus, was there a preview at the end of the movie for 4.0?

Look at the thread list for the sub-subforum, dude. "Preview text" is in one of the thread titles. :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:So it happened... now I'll show you the trick, copy the url and paste it manually in another window of your browser then repeat after me: "fuck you Mediafire".

Whoa.......
takes hat off

Your sir are a gentlemen.

What i want to know is, how are Asuka and mari 14 ?shouldnt they be stuck as 12 ? i mean even if you take prodigy into the picture , Asuka know how clearly means she'd been piloting before for sometime, also mari seems to be just about her match, i doubt they achieved such proficiency on simulators alone.
ANATA BAKA !?

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

View Original Postevangelist wrote:Is there anything from the 2.22 Previews that made it into 3.0?

From what I've read in the course of this thread, it would appear that some of the elements from that preview were used as the backstory for the final film:
- NERV personnel being disbanded (in 3.0, IIRC this is part of the basis of formation of WILLE)
- Mark VI going down to dogma (in 3.0, it is seen at the bottom with Lilith)

View Original Postbladerj wrote:What i want to know is, how are Asuka and mari 14 ?shouldnt they be stuck as 12 ?

IIRC Mari is 14 in 2.0. Not sure about Asuka, she might have been 13, but I'm not sure if their physical ages have are given in 3.0 or not.
Last edited by EvangelionFan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voluntary Illusion.

rei9000
Embryo

Touji and Kensuke

•      
  •      

Postby rei9000 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Just a thought, but if we assume exposure to LCL prevents people from ever aging, isn't possible that Touji and Kensuke could still be 14? I know they are probably dead via 3I, but I thought I would at least throw it out there.
We are all wasting our time.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 pm

View Original Postbalofo wrote:EVA 13 confirmed to use funnels. Those strange purple cones in the lineart.

Looks like 3.0 is full of funnels. First the Funniel missiles and then actually funnels on Eva-13. I'm beginning to think some parts of 3.0 (space battle, flying airship, bomb collar etc) were taken from other anime or films.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Or, you know, science fiction literature...
Voluntary Illusion.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Touji and Kensuke

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm

View Original Postrei9000 wrote:Just a thought, but if we assume exposure to LCL prevents people from ever aging, isn't possible that Touji and Kensuke could still be 14? I know they are probably dead via 3I, but I thought I would at least throw it out there.

kensuke and toji got zerueled.

About the wristbands, could it be a reference to Kaji ?
Last edited by bladerj on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:kensuke and toji got zerueled.

It's not confirmed though, so I'm still hoping they might return as adults. Kaji may be dead, though, as he's not part pf any of the three factions. Those dead melons in the Zeruel battle will look more ominous to me forever.

View Original Postbladerj wrote:About the wristbands, could it be a reference to Kaji ?

In what way?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:It's not confirmed though, so I'm still hoping they might return as adults. Kaji may be dead, though, as he's not part pf any of the three factions. Those dead melons in the Zeruel battle will look more ominous to me forever.

In what way?

i mean like a remembrance thing, he died to help the others start this wille stuff or fighting off seele/nerv, giving Misato the idea of wille in his honor, sth like that.
ANATA BAKA !?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Possibly. No mention of it is made, but it's likely. It could just be part of their uniform though. Did anyone die after 4I? It looks like most of the Earth has, but the preview for 4.0 suggests Wille is still partially functional.

I think Misato is hiding the deaths of Toji, Kensuke, Kaji, Hikari and Pen Pen from Shinji so he won't freak out.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm

I forgot and I need this info for the most gargantual eva fanwank post I've ever written:

- just how big was extent of damage caused by Third Impact?

- just how big was extend of damage caused by Fourth Impact?

I'm not sure which impact supposedly wiped out most of remaining humans...

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I kinda wonder if Anno hasn't checkmated himself. Now here's what I mean. There a lot of casual fans for Eva. These are the people who have the DVD's maybe a figurine or two. They like the show. But they aren't the ones who are on these forums. The aren't analyzing everything incessently. And they tend to have two problems with with Eva. One, what the fuck was going on. What are angels and why are they attacking? Eva has a lot of mysteries that are not explained. And two they hate the ending. Now note they are not dumb. They may very well get the ending. But that does not mean they have to like it or agree with it. Now these people looked at Rebuild with hope. They wanted a happy ending for the cast. And it looked like they would get it at the end of 2.0. This hope has been torn away. Being given hope and having it torn away is an absolutly horrible feeling. And now that's happened. I can think of no actual way for Shinji to get a happy ending. He's in checkmate. Basicly after years of building back up the goodwill of the fanbase, Anno could just have shot it to hell as bad as Lucas did with the prequel trilogy. And then their going to start the damn death threats again. Anno, like Shinji is back at square one. And then there is the other horrible possibility. If the Executives think that this will serously hurt the profit line, then what if they force Anno to put in a contrived happy ending? Simply put, is anyone not in checkmate after the end of this movie?
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

CaasiBoy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CaasiBoy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm

So is this confirmation that Rebuild is a sequel to NGE or is that still up in the air? Sorry if this has been asked before.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:And then there is the other horrible possibility. If the Executives think that this will serously hurt the profit line, then what if they force Anno to put in a contrived happy ending? Simply put, is anyone not in checkmate after the end of this movie?

Anno has full creative control over the films, so executive meddling is a non-issue. It's his own company doing them. He'll be able to find sponsors for the next movie just like he did for the last three.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Before, I kept hoping for the Rebuilt Movies to cover new plot and not just rehashing what's in NGE; now, it seems like 3.0 is shooting off in a weird tangent that "feels" irrelevant to everything Eva that came before it . . .

Will withhold further judgement until I actually get to watch the film.
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 pm

I was on the Japanese wiki page for 3.0 and I came across this description of Kougi TaKao 高雄コウジ(声:大塚明夫)- AAAヴンダーの機関士。加持とは旧知の間柄。 Does it say something about Kagi? It's weird to think he would not even be mentioned in 3.0

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm

View Original PostLagann wrote:I was on the Japanese wiki page for 3.0 and I came across this description of Kougi TaKao 高雄コウジ(声:大塚明夫)- AAAヴンダーの機関士。加持とは旧知の間柄。 Does it say something about Kagi? It's weird to think he would not even be mentioned in 3.0

Apparently he knew Kaji.

Kendrix, do you expect anyone to read all dat shit? You can (not) be serious
Last edited by Clover on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”