[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm

View Original PostReckoner wrote:So if there is a 14 year time skip, but they all still look like 14 year olds... What narrative purpose does this even serve? Is Asuka going to all of a sudden be so much wiser (lol)?

Who knows. Perhaps Anno is going all loldeep metacommentary on otakudom obsession on teenage bishoujos again? :D

Or maybe, just maybe, with all this curse of eva thing and unaging Eva pilots they're FINALLY attempting to do something with the whole "huurrr durr only 14 year olds can pilot Eva" that got NEVER explained properly in NGE, plausible fanwank about chambers of guf and being born after second impact aside (then again I could swear some of Shinji's classmates were born before)

As long as curse of Eva doesn't remain simple plot device to let the girls have the same looks as always I consider this clear improvement on NGE's handling.

View Original PostReckoner wrote:I just have no idea why a skip of this magnitude is even needed if it serves absolutely no #%(*ing purpose.

Well I wonder. Maybe it becomes apparent in the film? Even based on limited info we now have one should be obvious: You don't kickup and build apparently pretty big organization like Will-E (why the stupid - is there anyway) in matter of months.

Etc.

Ynnead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ynnead » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

View Original PostReckoner wrote:So if there is a 14 year time skip, but they all still look like 14 year olds... What narrative purpose does this even serve? Is Asuka going to all of a sudden be so much wiser (lol)?

So they could introduce new technology like ships from Last Exile?

I just have no idea why a skip of this magnitude is even needed if it serves absolutely no #%(*ing purpose.

Well to be fair, besides the pilots it's clear most of the other staff has aged. I mean look at Touji's sister, she went from this
SPOILER: Show
to older than Shinji in the span of days from his prespective, if he sees his friends again they will be full grown adults while he is stuck. Asuka may not look like one but she may be older emotionally (not wiser necessary) although most of her images make her look vaguely dead inside (can't blame her).

Point is even if the other pilots don't look it, a lot has changed for Shinji in the blink of an eye.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Well I wonder. Maybe it becomes apparent in the film? Even based on limited info we now have one should be obvious: You don't kickup and build apparently pretty big organization like Will-E (why the stupid - is there anyway) in matter of months.

Etc.

Not to mention you dont build a few extra Evas in just a matter of months. The bigger question though is how did the world survive for 14 years without triggering 4th impact or just nuking the planet to bits through war and shit? I'm surprised that most of the original cast survived during what should have been a very chaotic 14 years....

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Will-E
Wille

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

It's pronounced 'Wily'. Dr. Wily.
Last edited by NemZ on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Not to mention you dont build a few extra Evas in just a matter of months. The bigger question though is how did the world survive for 14 years without triggering 4th impact or just nuking the planet to bits through war and shit? I'm surprised that most of the original cast survived during what should have been a very chaotic 14 years....

Angels went dormant for similar time period after 2nd Impact too. They have some odd habits

Reckoner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reckoner » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

View Original PostYnnead wrote:Well to be fair, besides the pilots it's clear most of the other staff has aged. I mean look at Touji's sister, she went from this
to older than Shinji in the span of days from his prespective, if he sees his friends again they will be full grown adults while he is stuck. Asuka may not look like one but she may be older emotionally (not wiser necessary) although most of her images make her look vaguely dead inside (can't blame her).

Point is even if the other pilots don't look it, a lot has changed for Shinji in the blink of an eye.

View Original PostXard wrote:Well I wonder. Maybe it becomes apparent in the film? Even based on limited info we now have one should be obvious: You don't kickup and build apparently pretty big organization like Will-E (why the stupid - is there anyway) in matter of months.

Etc.

So to introduce even more complicating elements to the general plot that in no way enhance the core cast of the show...

Which again I'll ask, how does this help the narrative? 2.0 is a rushed film that didn't give nearly enough attention to everything it needed to. Their solution is to make the setting even more cumbersome to handle and make the cast even bigger?

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude here, just a bit in utter disbelief...
Anno has let us all down.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Well I wonder. Maybe it becomes apparent in the film? Even based on limited info we now have one should be obvious: You don't kickup and build apparently pretty big organization like Will-E (why the stupid - is there anyway) in matter of months.

Etc.

Not to mention you dont build a few extra Evas in just a matter of months. The bigger question though is how did the world survive for 14 years without triggering 4th impact or just nuking the planet to bits through war and shit? I'm surprised that most of the original cast survived during what should have been a very chaotic 14 years....

IPEA and the Harpies send us their regards.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 pm

To everyone getting mad about 3.0, remember 2.0 had everyone getting upset too. About a month later when everyone had got all the facts and seen it in context it calmed down. I'm sure Mass Produced Evas looked weird to people before EoE came out.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:IPEA and the Harpies send us their regards.

I read this as Ikea and the Herpes.

A quart of 4.0 will be Misato furniture shopping for her new apartment.

Also, an important question. What the fuck happens to Pen Pen?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

classified-zerogoki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby classified-zerogoki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Hikari could get him like in the original series.
"CHAAANGE! EVA TRAIN! SWITCH ON!"
-Asuka, After The End Audio Drama
Evangelion is Serious Business.
Kaworu x Asuka OTP!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Let's see...

Sumire Nagara = Light cruiser Nagara, Nagumo's flagship after Akagi was bombed and set afire during the Battle of Midway.

Midori Kitakami = Light cruiser Kitakami, with its terrifying battery of 32 torpedo tubes (any battleship squadron on the wrong end of this ship at night, without radar, would be in for hell)

Hideki Tama = Light cruiser Tama, another World War Two era cruiser.

So now the light cruisers have joined up the -nami destroyers? At least his naming scheme is consistent in the midst of this nonsense!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I read this as Ikea and the Herpes.

A quart of 4.0 will be Misato furniture shopping for her new apartment.

Also, an important question. What the fuck happens to Pen Pen?

No Pen Pen? No wonder things are going to crap. Soon as he dissappears it all goes to hell.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Also, an important question. What the fuck happens to Pen Pen?

Executed for the murder of Kaji
[/spoiler]

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 pm

28 year old Asuka is mentally Pen-Pen, finally able to consummate love with Shinji. Calling it now.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

I've kamikazed (as I like to call it) through this thread, not dwelling on any spoilers (Although there are certain things that this movie was going to do regardless and I knew it) if I spot them. And so far, the one that REALLY has me scratching my head is: So everyone has become old except Shinji? WTF is this?! Dragon Ball GT?! That sounds as dumb as a screendoor in a submarine. I'm still hyped about seeing this. I'm not saying it's good or bad yet, but it's nice to know some filmmakers can push their imagination to the point of insanity and probably stupidity as Anno and co. have, at least they are being creative.

Ynnead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ynnead » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

View Original PostLagann wrote:To everyone getting mad about 3.0, remember 2.0 had everyone getting upset too. About a month later when everyone had got all the facts and seen it in context it calmed down. I'm sure Mass Produced Evas looked weird to people before EoE came out.
Of course I know a lot of people who aren't fans of 2.0, but yeah we're going from a brief summary (an entire angel fight is offhanded mentioned) so I get the feeling a lot of these things will make much more sense when we seem them in context, also I would argue 2.0's problem was that pretty much anything new (Mari for example) was given only a little screen time peppered through out the movie, if everything this movie introduces is given better screen time it can pull it off no problem

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 pm

By the way, does the middle part of the Wunder ship look like the third angel to anybody else?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Will we see any 'traditional' Angels besides the mechanical Angel in space (Funniel)? The Angels have had 14 years to rest up and do some damage, so I'm hoping 3.0 won't deviate from action and monster design with all the soul-searchy stuff and timeskip shit. I also hope they give us more info on Lilith, the Adams, and the Key of Nebudchanezzar.

On another note, any pics of 14-years-later Misato?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Going through this thread off and on throughout the day, there are some details that are interesting and some details that make me go "huh?" but I'm going to need a more detailed synopsis before I can make a conclusion. All I know for sure is the following two things.

1. Whether you liked what we know about the movie or you don't, this should cement Anno's status as a magnificent bastard.

2. That this day, November 16 2012, will be remembered as the day Evageeks collective brain broke.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”