[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Okay. I just finished reading the entire goddamned thread and I still don't know what the hell Anno's been smoking.

In all my fanfic writing and all my crazy formulations I never dreamt that Anno could take Eva down to this level of insanity. Guess I was wrong.

This is Anno we're talking about here- remember that little film back in 1997 that was supposed to end the confusion of NGE? I consider Anno a master (a little crazy, yes) and End of Evangelion a classic now, as do many others- and if that crazy, destroy-all-humanity LCL explosion romp of a film can be considered a classic, then so can 3.0.
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Cruel Thesis 2
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cruel Thesis 2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:34 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:
Did Eva really need all this clutter? Was it not possible to make a compelling new story out of the more basic frameworks that existed without throwing in dozens more robots, characters, running as far away from established difficult things like the events of the last movie into a removed future so that we don't have to be accountable for the meager new developments that we ~have~ made?

Thank god we'll always have the original Eva. Nothing can destroy that, no matter how much Anno goes Lucas.

This is basically what I've been thinking.

I don't know if i should watch this film at all. It sounds like its just continuing on with all the things that made me hate 2.0.

If Anno wanted to make something this ADD-addled and ridiculous then why didn’t he just make a new super robot series?..

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:Haha Shinji and success are two separate entities that will never coexist or be placed in the same sentence without the word (not) being in the middle~

Sadly you may be right. And that is why Anno will most likely end up with all the death threats again. Most people don't want to feel suicidal and deppresed after watching something.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:38 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Sadly you may be right. And that is why Anno will most likely end up with all the death threats again. Most people don't want to feel suicidal and deppresed after watching something.

I agree. After around 15 years of End of Evangelion, Shinji deserves at least a break.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm

This is a little different from EoE. Shinji is directly responsible for his own predicament here, as well as those of several other people around him, and even with these being the direct consequences of his own actions he's still (for god knows what reason) apparently getting off far easier than he ever did in NGE/EoE.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Sadly you may be right. And that is why Anno will most likely end up with all the death threats again. Most people don't want to feel suicidal and deppresed after watching something.

In the end, Ikari Shinji shall succeed!

There, you see?
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

http://199.91.152.31/m50h4fxkj3bg/ko7x89zoa9zkom1/IT%5C%27S+HAPPENING.7z

pack with all the pics released so far
LOL

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original Postbalofo wrote:http://199.91.152.31/m50h4fxkj3bg/ko7x89zoa9zkom1/IT%5C%27S+HAPPENING.7z

pack with all the pics released so far

Already blocked.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:I agree. After around 15 years of End of Evangelion, Shinji deserves at least a break.

I've seen other places where people have said the thing they liked most about was that they felt the children might be able to earn a happy ending. Oh, they'd definitly have to work for it, but they could get it. See there's a reason Eva has as much popularity as it does. Why there are so many AU spin offs, and so much fanfiction. And it's not because it's deep. It's not because it's thought provoking, or full of symbolism. And it's sure as hell not because it depressing. No. It's because we like the charecters. And as a resualt we want them to actually win one of these days. The why of all the AU's? We want to see Rei get a chance to learn what life actually is like (although I'll admit I know I'll never see the Shinji/Rei ship set sail). We want to see Asuka actually go on a date with Shinji, and whisper inbetween the stupid Shinji's that she loves him. We want to see Shinji manage to actually grow into a adult and a human bieng who you can feel something other than pity and disgust for. Because you know what? We love the charecters at lot.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm genuinely wondering if all the -nami's are clones, repeating the same loop of birth, train, fight and die over and over. That, and not some mysterious "curse of eva" is why they don't age. (Or maybe the curse thing is way too literal.)

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:This is a little different from EoE. Shinji is directly responsible for his own predicament here, as well as those of several other people around him, and even with these being the direct consequences of his own actions he's still (for god knows what reason) apparently getting off far easier than he ever did in NGE/EoE.

Shinji never pulled here the "everyone should just die" card.

Unless you're taking the extremely negative interpretation of Shinji's actions in 2.0's ending - like I know you're doing - but in the end that's all it is. Interpretation

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4vwhtizazcuo76

pack with all the pics released so far!
LOL

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Shinji never pulled here the "everyone should just die" card.

Unless you're taking the extremely negative interpretation of Shinji's actions in 2.0's ending - like I know you're doing - but in the end that's all it is. Interpretation

I was referring to his situation leading up to EoE, not what he did during it.

Though that is what he did in 2.0 as well, yes.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm

View Original Postbalofo wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?a4vwhtizazcuo76

Still blocked for violation of terms of use.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

View Original Postbalofo wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?a4vwhtizazcuo76

http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles

In a related note, all the pictures have been mirrored on my wiki.
How do these random pics violate the tos? Not an explicit copyright notice, so maybe it was the file name?
Last edited by Clover on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

File blocked for violation. That was quick. Rename them and nest the zips.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Didnt read the whole thread and I'm honestly not going to. But. If this stuff is true,which it probably is,then there goes Rebuild being better then the TV series. It was fine to have 2.0 go a different path then the series but for 3.0 to go even further off track is just fucking ridiculous,to be honest. All this stuff is a total mindfuck. And I know that's what 3.0 is supposed to be. But this is beyond ridiculous -_-.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 pm

So Maya has a new hat. A saucy hat. I guess her hair is a little longer too, but meh.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”