[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 pm

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:(Sorry, some dreams might never be envisioned.)

It's only a disappointment for Kensuke, And I'm glad that he will never be close to an Eva.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:^
I was so stoked about the Asuka images that I didn't realize that was probably Kawrou turning into a mummy and exploding in front of Shinji in the top pics.

Do you think thats Kaworu screaming at the screen? I get how his skin might burn off before he dies, but those red demon eyes and a tongue too long for a human makes me think maybe thats an eva or angel of some sort.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Was there a photo posted earlier of a half bald Kaji? If so could someone re-post that concept art?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Eva-09 rocketdildohead what the FUCK

In the screencaps from the movie booklet, Eva-09 does have an actual head (looks like a funky Eva-00). Though what with the weird neck configuration, it seems to be... removable, for some incomprehensible reason? Have to wait and see what the deal is...

Regarding Kaji, I'm wondering if he croaked during the time-skip.

Hoping Eva-13 isn't the product of some ridiculous gattai, and that the fates of Eva-06 and-01 are resolved... in a less retarded manner.

Dunno how far Xard's gotten with translating the latest spoilers. The grammar is so fast and loose that I'm scratching my head at most of it, but I did see a couple of interesting things: two Rei dipping in LCL, and Gendo talking to a giant disembodied Rei head (wtf?) and mentioning the "Ayanami Series" (possibly not an official term; the poster didn't put quotes around it).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:"Doin' OK there Baka Shinji? Finished with homo-boy have we? :3"

Space Jesus or no, he's still a lousy lay.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Okay. I just finished reading the entire goddamned thread and I still don't know what the hell Anno's been smoking.

In all my fanfic writing and all my crazy formulations I never dreamt that Anno could take Eva down to this level of insanity. Guess I was wrong.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 pm

This one definitly has a downer ending compared to 2.0 from the sounds of it. I have to wonder if the tone for 4.0 will be like EOE. Or will Shinji finally be allowed to actually succed for a change?

I have to wonder how this will do at the box office compared to 2.0. The reason I ask is this. 2.0 still had a fairly upbeat ending. You felt good that Shinji had saved Rei. Sure the world almost ended, but you still felt good. This ones ending doesn't seem like it'll feel that way.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:If it's been 14 years Asuka should have gotten over him and hooked up with Toji by now. Perhaps Mari is their future daughter instead. :lol:

If she's managed to last 14 years I like to think she's developed some taste. IOW ditch 'em all and get a real man! :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

classified-zerogoki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby classified-zerogoki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 pm

^^^

Yet Another Post Of Anno.
"CHAAANGE! EVA TRAIN! SWITCH ON!"
-Asuka, After The End Audio Drama
Evangelion is Serious Business.
Kaworu x Asuka OTP!

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Okay. I just finished reading the entire goddamned thread and I still don't know what the hell Anno's been smoking.

In all my fanfic writing and all my crazy formulations I never dreamt that Anno could take Eva down to this level of insanity. Guess I was wrong.

You still have one more movie to go, so you haven't seen anything yet. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:15 pm

As a relatively new fan to Evangelion who never tried to analyze the story of NGE in depth I'm happy that they seem to be going nuts with Rebuild. For tha last few years reading all the speculation...it felt like everyone knew where the story in 3.0 would go based on their knowledge of NGE and now I can just laugh because at the end of the day nobody could have seen this coming.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:In all my fanfic writing and all my crazy formulations I never dreamt that Anno could take Eva down to this level of insanity.
Everyone had taken it as part of the set-up that 3I/Instrumentality/Complementation were just around the corner and that sort of headroom never really arose -- Higher Learning was about the nearest I can think of that moved that boundary away. Getting to impact interruptus and then leaving it unresolved would have felt like cheating.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

So nobody here has that scan or concept drawing of a half balding Kaji?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:So nobody here has that scan or concept drawing of a half balding Kaji?

There's no such thing as half-balding Kaji.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:This one definitly has a downer ending compared to 2.0 from the sounds of it. I have to wonder if the tone for 4.0 will be like EOE. Or will Shinji finally be allowed to actually succed for a change?

Haha Shinji and success are two separate entities that will never coexist or be placed in the same sentence without the word (not) being in the middle~

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:There's no such thing as half-balding Kaji.

Really? I guess I confused a concept drawing of a older half bald man on that new WILL-E supership with Kaji.

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:Haha Shinji and success are two separate entities that will never coexist or be placed in the same sentence without the word (not) being in the middle~

Well he almost succeeded in 2.0. He rescues Rei, thanks her and even comforts her when she apologizes.

(Well, that was then. Now this third "Q" kind of made it a moot point.)

Reckoner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reckoner » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

This has got to be a joke right.

If even 10% of this is true, this is will be the biggest joke I've ever seen. Jumping the shark doesn't even quite cut it here.
Anno has let us all down.

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Is Kaji even in this movie?

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Is Kaji even in this movie?

Kaji's dead, Asuka.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”