[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:29 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:After reading all of this, does this even FEEL like Evangelion anymore?

There are many Evangelions.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:After reading all of this, does this even FEEL like Evangelion anymore?

After Gendo hand AT Fields, Rei Ayanami Raising Projects, Petit Eva, Angel Days, Detective Shinjis, Anima and the like I'm not sure how Eva is supposed to "feel" anymore.

More adjusted I get to all this wild bullshit more, uhh, Eva the thing is starting to feel to me again. There's no saving of some beyond retarded designs (Eva-09 rocketdildohead what the FUCK) but even original had that hideous diving suit for Eva-02.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:I'm fine with the characters... It's the 14 year timeskip that sickens me? Was the preview at the end of 1.11 for 2.22 completely different from what we actually got there?

It was a lot different yea.

Feels like Eva when it's creator isn't depressed. Rebuild always felt that way. It's more hopeful. From what I can tell 3.0 has a backdrop of darkness and depression but even that ends on a hopeful note. The cynic in me says the only reason Anno's building that hope up is to crush it with 4.0, but the cynic in me said the same thing about 3.0 and that seems to have been an unfounded worry.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:There are many Evangelions.

SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm

There are many Evangelions

the evangelion in my mind

the evangelion in your mind

the evangelion in Annos mind

there are many evangelions that exsist

ehh123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ehh123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Has the 14 year aspect of the time skip been confirmed yet? I can definitely believe that there has been a time skip in general since Toji's sister is older.
"Does the bus run through here?"

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 pm

View Original Postehh123 wrote:Has the 14 year aspect of the time skip been confirmed yet? I can definitely believe that there has been a time skip in general since Toji's sister is older.

Yes. No one on 2ch ever mentiones any other number of years than that. It also fits the general scheme of things better, what with Asuka (and Mari?) stuck being 14 physically, Shinji being 14 etc.

classified-zerogoki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby classified-zerogoki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

So 14's the arc number now?
"CHAAANGE! EVA TRAIN! SWITCH ON!"
-Asuka, After The End Audio Drama
Evangelion is Serious Business.
Kaworu x Asuka OTP!

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:There are many Evangelions

the evangelion in my mind

the evangelion in your mind

the evangelion in Annos mind

there are many evangelions that exsist

What you fear are the evangelions that exist in the minds of others

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 pm

I have no idea what to say about this movie so far. I knew from the Shikinami clusterfuck that they didn't seem to know what they were doing, but damn ... just damn.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Yes. No one on 2ch ever mentiones any other number of years than that. It also fits the general scheme of things better, what with Asuka (and Mari?) stuck being 14 physically, Shinji being 14 etc.

It'd be better with a 4 year timeskip.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Seems like Anno is trying to isolate Shinji from any source of acceptable affection. Just like that back arc of the series, only localizing all the negativeness onto Shinji.
-Rei's alive, but is it really Rei? Well, sure, but only after you've despaired of ever getting her back.
-Asuka's alive, but she's Misato-age now.
-there's Mari, but you don't feel like walking all the way down the hall to get laid.

WOE!

But then there's Misato. Yeah, there's always Misato! Last time you saw her she shook her ass at you and assured you she can't get preggers anymore...

All this leading to a 4.0 where Shinji's triumph is something that doesn't take you like three viewings to notice (EoE) or rationalized by dense dramatic interaction (NGE)? Like, Asuka's lake rise times a million?
Last edited by arkiel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

View Original Postclassified-zerogoki wrote:So 14's the arc number now?

Seems so. Given that Third Impact in Rebuildverse took place earlier than in NGE there's now 14 year long gaps between 2nd, 3rd and 4th Impacts (if one wants to count 3.0's climax as full impact)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:- weren't here for 2.0 and complete irrelevance of 1.0's preview
This time it looks like they managed to shoehorn in 3-face Asuka with less revising the scenery around her than the Mari-with-crossplosions in the 1.0 preview.

View Original PostRommel wrote:I have no idea what to say about this movie so far.
How about "They changed it, and now it's RUINED FOREVER!!!"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm

All this "they didn't know what they were doing they probably made this all up to look crazy and weird!" is starting to sound eerily similar to what some used to say about Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:It'd be funny if it'd now end as straight up A/S, now that it'd be all awkward due to that "28 year old mind" thing.

She's had 14 years to distill her tsundere, to plot and plan, over a decade of bakas and slaps saved up. He'll be defenseless. Putty in her hands.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:This time it looks like they managed to shoehorn in 3-face Asuka with less revising the scenery around her than the Mari-with-crossplosions in the 1.0 preview.

3-face Asuka? What?

Anyway, I was sure we'd never see any of 2.0's preview footage the moment new trailers for 3.0 hit web month or so ago. The art and character design shift was so notable I knew those scenes were unusable per se so in the specific form they were presented in so we could not possibly get them. Even without art shift I would've remained strongly skeptical about ever seeing any of that footage ever again.

I also had learned by then the next film previews are specifically animated for the film and are not clips cut from finished material for the sequel.
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:She's had 14 years to distill her tsundere, to plot and plan, over a decade of bakas and slaps saved up. He'll be defenseless. Putty in her hands.

When was that ever not the case?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Or her and mari have been at it for a decade and a half and now bicker like an old married couple.

3-face Asuka? What?

I think he means this

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:43 pm

he means :3
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”