[NO SPOILERS] Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [2]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Apparently, the fans think "Happy Eva? I'd rather die first! I only want Shinji to angst and cry his tears out in fear and shock and be tortured to Lovecraftian levels of mindlessness!"

Nope. We just think EoE is happy Eva, since everyone gets to come back and the kids learned how to fix their problems. It's a good end for pretty much everyone except Gendo and Seele; Anno just didn't lay it out on a silver platter so that people used to conventional anime tropes would catch it without thinking about it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Heaven Strada? First time I hear of it.

I lolled.

Actually, [s]Strada[/s] intelligent device of Erio Mondial, though Kaworu's Fancy Lance probably looks like Raising Heart more.

SPOILER: Show

Nope. We just think EoE is happy Eva, since everyone gets to come back and the kids learned how to fix their problems. It's a good end for pretty much everyone except Gendo and Seele; Anno just didn't lay it out on a silver platter so that people used to conventional anime tropes would catch it without thinking about it.

Perhaps if Shinji wasn't suffering and we got to see or at least hear more people come back, or got an epilogue of some sort, yes... But I don't feel like anyone would come back... or at least, it didn't seem like that to me.
Last edited by StratoSakuya...AF on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Actually, [s]Strada[/s] intelligent device of Erio Mondial, though Kaworu's Fancy Lance probably looks like Raising Heart more.

I'd better watch this Nanoha or I'll keep misunderstanding you every time. :tongue:
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Perhaps if Shinji wasn't suffering and we got to see or at least hear more people come back, or got an epilogue of some sort, yes... But I don't feel like anyone would come back... or at least, it didn't seem like that to me.

So, what, you're gonna ignore the script in favor of your gut? That's your lookout man, but it ain't what the story told us.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'd better watch this Nanoha or I'll keep misunderstanding you every time. :tongue:

Do, I like it because the cyborgs remind me of the Children. A FAMILY OF CHILDREN.

With Eva 13, it means we're getting new pilots!

@Bagheera: So long as Shinji doesn't go throw horror like before (the mental breakdown before instrumentality) I won't mind it.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:40 pm

New pilots, or new Dummy Plugs. Mr. Blow Up Doll in my avatar may be getting some friends!

View Original PostBagheera wrote:So, what, you're gonna ignore the script in favor of your gut? That's your lookout man, but it ain't what the story told us.

Not to get too sidetracked into that whole thing, but all they said is that anyone could come back, not that they necessarily would.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 pm

In my opinion Eoe indeed had a HAPPY ending....but it was PRESENTED in a SAD way......i wish the film could have kept going. i would have loved to see Shinji and Asuka holding each other as misoto, Kaji, toji, and everyone else rises from the sea of Lcl....could have been quite a spectacle too

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:New pilots, or new Dummy Plugs. Mr. Blow Up Doll in my avatar may be getting some friends!

Not to get too sidetracked into that whole thing, but all they said is that anyone could come back, not that they necessarily would.

Exactly my point...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Not to get too sidetracked into that whole thing, but all they said is that anyone could come back, not that they necessarily would.

Three billion people (at least) and you seriously think Shinji and Asuka are the only ones who'd bother to come back? Really?

Mana
Embryo

Postby Mana » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 pm

1) I think "Shinji's cousin" will be Unit-07's pilot if she doesn't end up to be a young Misato or a young Yui and if Rei doesn't end up piloting it and if doesn't get destroyed off screen.

2) I don't think any angels will be involved in the space battles. I think the MP Evas will be launched by SEELE and will have angel-like powers to go along with their already established ability to reactive after being heavily damaged.

3) I think Unit-01 is the dual-cored Adam but when that Adam was washed up on the Japanese shore (the white, MP Eva-like outline at the start of 1.0) one of its cores was placed into Unit-00. But Unit-00 is an Adam clone and the same goes for the rest of the Evas except for the Mark.06 and Units 7 and 8. I think that's why Rei (along with Unit-00) was needed for Unit-01's pseudo-evolution at the end of 2.0. The Mark.06 and Units 7 and 8 are the other three Adams.

4) Shinji will be salvaged from Unit-01 after having mindtrips with Yui and Rei by the crew that will take over NERV but Rei won't make it out. Shinji will be angsty about not having Rei and Misato around. Later Gendo and Fuyutsuki somehow escape from being held and use some weird ass way to salvage Rei.

5) Shinji runs away and meets Kaworu. The possessor of Adam's soul and the representation of hope instead of love. (Love now being represented by Rei.) *Insert shounen-ai cuteness* and then tragedy strikes.

6) Asuka is pissed about the new crew and/or with Mari for wrecking Unit-02. She gets into it with her taped-up plugsuit and goes into space to fight off the Harpies. Shinji has no fucking clue of anything around him because Kaworu doesn't want him involved in anything that doesn't include him.

7) Asuka is losing against the Harpies and reluctantly accepts help from Mari when the new crew sends her out in Unit-08. During this time the original NERV crew escapes from where ever they were being held at and assists the new crew in commanding Asuka and Mari.

8) The new staff is behind the construction of Unit-08 and has deep involvement with Mari. The organization's wish is to defy SEELE and completely prevent any kind of apocalypse.

9) After the Harpies are seemingly defeated, Asuka and Mari kinda become friends after having a bit of a rivalry during the battle. The Harpies end up reactivating and then Asuka gets a new plugsuit provided by the organization Mari is involved with.

10) After the first round with the Harpies, Shinji for whatever reason gets pissed at Kaworu. Kaworu gets angry and makes the MP Evas reactivate. (Which causes prediction 9.) Kaworu descends into Terminal Dogma with the MP Evas following him. Mari and Asuka in their barely kept-together Evas go after him. Unit-07 magically shows up with "Shinji's cousin" or Rei or not at all. Shinji reaches Unit-01 (and maybe at this point he would instead recognize Unit-01 as his mother after mind trips) and goes down with them. So pretty much there would be a stare down between the Mark.06 and the MP Evas VS Units 1, 2, 7, and 8 before they brawl. Asuka, Mari, and "Shinji's cousin" or Rei would destroy the MP Evas once and for all but they're all so exhausted. Shinji and Kaworu have their own 1-on-1 battle.

11) Just for fun: the souls inside of the MP Evas are of the previously defeated Angels and are piloted by Kaworu dummy plugs.

Well, that's all I have. If Shinji and Kaworu end up fighting in Terminal Dogma I can't imagine what comes after that.
call me vapor instead of this account's displayhandle, please
(account is old, abandoned for years after briefly using it during 3.0's hype)

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Three billion people (at least) and you seriously think Shinji and Asuka are the only ones who'd bother to come back? Really?

I'm saying that's there's only evidence to support that much, the rest is speculation. Post-Second Impact life seems to have sucked for a lot of people, before Third Impact made it even worse. I could see a lot of them deciding to stay right where they are. But that's a whole other discussion...

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 am

I really hope part of the plot involves the heroes breaking into their own base, because it's cool when that happens.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pioneer
Embryo

Postby pioneer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

View Original PostMana wrote:2) I don't think any angels will be involved in the space battles. I think the MP Evas will be launched by SEELE and will have angel-like powers to go along with their already established ability to reactive after being heavily damaged.

3) I think Unit-01 is the dual-cored Adam but when that Adam was washed up on the Japanese shore (the white, MP Eva-like outline at the start of 1.0) one of its cores was placed into Unit-00. But Unit-00 is an Adam clone and the same goes for the rest of the Evas except for the Mark.06 and Units 7 and 8. I think that's why Rei (along with Unit-00) was needed for Unit-01's pseudo-evolution at the end of 2.0. The Mark.06 and Units 7 and 8 are the other three Adams.

2) I think the space battle will be against more conventional warfare weapons and vehicles. Although there's good reason to think they would conceal the MPE, there's also no indication that we will be seeing them as soon as 3.0 or that they will even be in NME. They were only introduced at the end of episode 25', so 3.0 might be a bit early. Also, in EOE, Asuka spent a lot of time, when considering her total battle time in EOE, fighting more conventional human warfare machinery. So, there is a [more meta than historical] precedent (which may or may not mean anything to whoever is reading this) of Asuka battling against whoever she believes she should, or is she ordered to.

3) Interesting. Under this circumstance, is there a possibility of any Eva being a Lilith clone?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 am

I hope Asuka gets severely hurt and comes back in 4.0 with TWO Eyepatches. Zatoichi Asuka!

JK

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 am

I wonder how Asuka is , naked

She should have severe injuries in her breast , ankle and such

Maybe even a breast removed or something.

They were kind to her since toji was hurt way more in NGE

Anyway

Do you guys think there will sound in space battle ?
Or they will shut down everything like in akira movie.

Eva is kinda realistic mech show , not super-robot show ala grendizer/gureen lagann/star driver etc

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:I wonder how Asuka is , naked

She should have severe injuries in her breast , ankle and such

Why?

They were kind to her since toji was hurt way more in NGE

He lost part of his leg, that's it. He wasn't hurt that badly. It's still not clear why he wasn't just killed off, since it's not like he had anything left to do in the story anyway.

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Why?

He lost part of his leg, that's it. He wasn't hurt that badly. It's still not clear why he wasn't just killed off, since it's not like he had anything left to do in the story anyway.

well , Asuka have her both legs

For the naked thing , i said that because of her taped suits.
It's says really something awful about " her new body "

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:For the naked thing , i said that because of her taped suits.
It's says really something awful about " her new body "

Not really. It just says her suit was fragged at some point and needed to be patched up. We see her in another plugsuit in other previews.

asukafan77
Embryo

Postby asukafan77 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 am

I think mari is going to end up being important. She has the same name as the mother of god but I could just be reading into things

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 am

View Original Postasukafan77 wrote:I think mari is going to end up being important. She has the same name as the mother of god but I could just be reading into things

In my Japanese text book the main character was named Mary and in Japanese it was spelled/pronounced "mearii" (meh-ah-reee), not Mari.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”