Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote: I feel like something about this really connotates a beneath-the-earth feeling. That or it's... under an eyepatch? :s

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Looks like an Eva's eye. Unit-08 awakening? Or it's what's under Asuka's eyepatch OMGtwist?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:00 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:The trailers for Rebuild have lied before.

Precisely why I refuse to see any new trailers. Anno can bring me the dish when he's done with it.

angel00
Embryo

Postby angel00 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Directly from the site evastore: more scenes

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2z7OKH5sQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

The end is coming...

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 pm

View Original Postangel00 wrote:Directly from the site evastore: more scenes

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2z7OKH5sQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Oiy fuzzy wuzzy was a bear
fuzzy wuzzy had no hair
But he ad eyes and good read.
Ye get me drift or have not have a pot of glue?
ye olde news is old
and me be finkin' ye be 'otlinkin'
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12615/New-Docomo-phone-from-30/

So I guess the idea is that it's supposed to look like an ugly piece of functional-but-not-fashionable military tech!

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I didn't know the eye thing was real. I thought it was only for the eyedrop commercial.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby deeRez » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm

That phone she's holding is not the one that was released - the bottom is different. She is probably holding a walkie-talkie.

Gifs:

In and of itself, self-evident.

JimJam!
Embryo

Postby JimJam! » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm

I guess Mari's talking to Kaji again in that stupid ":3" mari scene. (Yes I say stupid). I just can't get over with the change in character design and animation. I just hope this is just for the trailer and the real thing is different.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

3.0 in a nutshell

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:19 am

View Original PostdeeRez wrote:That phone she's holding is not the one that was released - the bottom is different. She is probably holding a walkie-talkie.

Gifs:

I'd love it if those scenes are intercut.

Asuka: WHY DID YOU WRECK UNIT-02!?

MARI: *eyebrows*

Asuka: I'LL GET YOU BITCH!

MARI: *eyebrows* *eyebrows* *eyebrows*

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 am

Killer Bee: um this isn't 4chan... [edited in response because really do we need more pointless derail posts?]: Oh, that was supposed to be funny? Mostly just found it confusing and stupid. (because that's what it really is).

Anyway if they really go the whole 'Shinji finds out he's gay' route, I don't see what that would have to do with the overall plot, and while nicely modern in and of itself would ultimately be distraction with what should be a less pairing-obsessed storyline in the first place, I think. Unless they make it so matter of fact that it simply doesn't become too overriding a plot point or anything, which would be cool too.
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:36 am

There's nothing to indicate that Shinji's becoming a full-blown homosexual (no jokes). It's mostly us reading that into the Kaworu/Shinji scenes more than the scenes themselves. What, dudes can't play the piano together? At the end of 2.0, their relationship is more Mozart/Salieri more than Tchaikovsky/Davydov.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Killer Bee: um this isn't 4chan....

Oh I'm sorry, did the funny picture offend you?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:There's nothing to indicate that Shinji's becoming a full-blown homosexual (no jokes). It's mostly us reading that into the Kaworu/Shinji scenes more than the scenes themselves.

And the poster.

Don't forget the poster.

...The poster does it for me more than anything else. Or rather, gives me hope. But even if it doesn't really delve into that territory, I don't think I'll really mind. After all, there's always fan-works and my own imagination, which has been all I needed these past umpteen years.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

You do this while people are starving? BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:04 am

... Is Kawrou playing that piano on the Moon?

There's surreal, and then there's artistic wankery. Spending $11,000/lbs to get that piano there? In a vaccuum? That's wankery.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Re: You do this while people are starving? BP

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:... Is Kawrou playing that piano on the Moon?

There's surreal, and then there's artistic wankery. Spending $11,000/lbs to get that piano there? In a vaccuum? That's wankery.

Is there any indication that Kaworu's improv concert is taking place on the Moon?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:12 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Is there any indication that Kaworu's improv concert is taking place on the Moon?

The ground in the picture.

I invite being wrong, but it'd be so like Rebuild to do this.

And heck, if Superman can throwdown with four air breathers on the Moon with the barest of pretense as to how, why can't Kawrou play a piano? BP
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:12 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:... Is Kawrou playing that piano on the Moon?

No. Does that floor look like moon-rock to you?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:30 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Spending $11,000/lbs to get that piano there?
The amount of spaceflight in 2.0 suggests that it's a rather more casual endeavour than that.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:what should be a less pairing-obsessed storyline in the first place

Who said so? Also, less pairing obsessed compared to what? The previous two NME films or the old series?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”