Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Chroma » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 am

We have an eye-vagina in this newest trailer for...whatever that product was.

I think we're gonna get our own little Rebuild EOE now. Because you can't have eye-vaginas without a 3I.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

View Original PostChroma wrote:We have an eye-vagina in this newest trailer for...whatever that product was.

Santen it was for eye drops.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Kaworoomin is funny to me.

SPOILER: Show
That is a Moomins reference yes?

Noriko is my wife
Lilith

Postby Noriko is my wife » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:That is a Moomins reference yes?

Yes. (To be clear, it wasn't made by me but something I picked up from the internet.)

Kaworu does look Moomin-like in the first shot

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

View Original PostNoriko is my wife wrote:Nonoriri, Honda was only mecha-exclusive AD on 1.0. For 2.0 he also worked on the character animation. And 1.0 had Kise as AD yet the quality of the scenes he worked on are far from his work on EoE.

What strikes me most about the Asuka is comparison 1. I like the white background and effects and 2. the composition has changed. The speculation that it's cropped for the trailer makes sense since it's not an improvement in any way.

This is the best criticism of anything visual so far.

If we're going to judge the animation from the small amount of scenes we've been shown I like the direction 3.0 is heading towards. Asuka in the eye drop commercial or the scene of Shinji screaming are very lively. Moving away a bit from Sadamoto's designs (and the look of a more than a decade old TV series) isn't bad either.

Asuka's run in the eyedrop commercial is good, Mari closeup and Shinji on the floor are neat as far as the new footage goes, which isn't enough to properly assess anything about 3.0's level of animation (I took the position of stating that it seems no worse or better than 1.0 or 2.0 but that's also premature) but does stand out to me. For the record I got the old trailer comparison image from a joke in the 4chan animation thread anyway (Khara is Shaft now! wwwwwwww reused animation with altered composition!!!) but yeah you're right everyone on rebuild are old men now and they've clearly lost their touch! :dog_laugh:

Oh yeah I can't wait for that full shot of Kaworu though, real charmer that kid. :x

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Man, the buzzkill brigade is in full force all of a sudden...

That shot seems to mirror that coseup of his eyes in Ep. 25 when he's staring at Lilith. Doesn't look to be in Terminal Dogma this time though.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

INOUEEEEEEE

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:21 pm

https://twitter.com/bahijd/status/259749005892911105

Well at least the robot fighting part seems to be in good hands.

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Knuckles » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Man, the buzzkill brigade is in full force all of a sudden...

the buzzkill brigade has been out in full force since the trailer launched. it's sad, really.
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Guys I don't think you understand TOSHIYUKI INOUE doing MECHANICAL ANIMATION for EVANGELION 3.0 is the best news everrrrrrrr

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Is being a nun at the makeout party really such a thrill?

(marks the only time EGF will EVER be called a "makeout party")

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:35 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Is being a nun at the makeout party really such a thrill?

(marks the only time EGF will EVER be called a "makeout party")

It is if it's a halloween party, and the kids making out are airheads, and the nun costume is there to get your like-minded snarkers all excited and shit.

Just sayin', perspective matters. We also got some solid info out of it, so there's that. I'm pretty much middle of the road here, but I call it a win so far.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:37 pm

I... I think you broke the metaphor Bags. The nun costume represents what now?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:43 pm

If you don't get the nun fetish I ain't explainin' it, sorry.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Pretty sure every post I've made in this thread has been about the franchise and about the material within it, not about the other users. It's a shame there's been so much thread derail whining --- about supposed 'wet blankets'. How about a 'Debate the Quality of Users' thread to contain this completely off topic, non-Eva related poster bashing.

On topic: Something about the way the Angel/Eva eye opens in suffocating darkness makes me think it won't be the Space Angel, whatever it is. I know that's a lot to read into from a single context free shot.. but whatever, speculation is fun. I feel like something about this really connotates a beneath-the-earth feeling. That or it's... under an eyepatch? :s

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Nun fetish... let's move on :lol:

I'm betting Asuka's "phone" in that new shot is a real piece of technology. It sure doesn't look like any phone we've seen yet in Rebuild. Seems like something they would appropriate from spaceships or submarines or who knows what.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:02 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Man, the buzzkill brigade is in full force all of a sudden...

That shot seems to mirror that coseup of his eyes in Ep. 25 when he's staring at Lilith. Doesn't look to be in Terminal Dogma this time though.
The trailers for Rebuild have lied before. One for 1.0 showed Misato holding hands with Shinji with some random clouds background. That actually happened in Lilith's chamber.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:The trailers for Rebuild have lied before. One for 1.0 showed Misato holding hands with Shinji with some random clouds background. That actually happened in Lilith's chamber.

I remember a shot of Mari staring into the sky amidst a landscape dotted with huge crosses. That background was changed into a cityscape.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Baseless speculation:

The new shots with Asuka (in the damaged plugsuit) and smug!Mari occur concurrently... in the same Entry Plug.

We have Asuka barking orders while running down the gangplank to her Eva; the red in the background looks like Cage LCL. She straps her helmet on during a cut frame, climbs the Plug boarding ladder, splooshes into the LCL, trips the cabin lights & psychedelic activation sequence, and...

*rips off helmet* "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY EVA?!"

Mari: }:3
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I'm betting Asuka's "phone" in that new shot is a real piece of technology. It sure doesn't look like any phone we've seen yet in Rebuild.

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12615/New-Docomo-phone-from-30/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Chrad » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:On topic: Something about the way the Angel/Eva eye opens in suffocating darkness makes me think it won't be the Space Angel, whatever it is. I know that's a lot to read into from a single context free shot.. but whatever, speculation is fun. I feel like something about this really connotates a beneath-the-earth feeling. That or it's... under an eyepatch? :s

Oh god, hahaha. That would be pretty wild.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”