Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

Eye drop ad with some new scenes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5f2z7OKH5sQ

Vulvas are back:

Asuka on the phone:

Unit 2 Face:

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Jornophelanthas » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 am

And yet another new (moving) picture of Asuka on a rampage.

What is interesting about that picture of Asuka on the phone is that she appears to be in full bad-ass professional mode while not inside a giant robot and without faking confidence.

That is certainly new. I am starting to suspect that the new Asuka 3.0 is past all the (teenage) insecurities she exhibited in Rebuild 2.0, and that giving her a new last name was done with this new personality in mind.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am

View Original PostZapX wrote:Eye drop ad with some new scenes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5f2z7OKH5sQ

Vulvas are back:

SPOILER: Show

wonder if that is the thing (possible angel or an eye that desperately needs those EVA eye drops) that Asuka was shooting at in that one trailer
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I hope Shinji and Kaworu fuck in this version.

You think Anno will be that generous with both them and the audience?

EDIT: THIS IS SERIOUSLY COOL.

Didn't I say that they hadn't run out of mindfuck ideas? That's one GRAPHIC DETAILED girl hole. Like, you can't see such detail on your own without a mirror and yoga acrobatics. Might be something apocalypse-y.

@Jorno: I think this scene just looks cool. The way she runs, the outfit... also, this might support that my thoughts about Asuka's character developement later in 2.X being a permanent step and she will be a genuinely independent no-nonsense warrior woman, like after her temporary rebirth in EoE, but deeper this time.
(which doesn't mean that she won't face hardship or get developed furter.)
Last edited by Kendrix on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:You think Anno will be that generous with both them and the audience?

He will if he's planning to sell Eva to yaoi-loving otaku girls...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Vulvas are back:

Looks like an Eva's eye. Unit-08 awakening? Or it's what's under Asuka's eyepatch OMGtwist?

Anyways, i think i pieced together what's going on with Asuka and Mari:
1., Angel shows up
2., Mari sorties
3./a, Asuka butts in before Mari could take off, takes Unit-02 herself, battle
3./b, Mari takes off, Asuka follows her into space, jumps out of some space vehicle (justifiying why she needs the neko helmet), switches places with Mari in space, battle

Sounds stupid, i know, but if i'm right, bragging rights.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:15 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Asuka on the phone:

Reminds me of EoE Misato, for whatever reason:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Reminds me of EoE Misato, for whatever reason:

Ahhh... I knew I had seen that before...

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 pm

'She did WHAT do my Unit-02?, I am so going to kick her skinny British ass'

Ill wager this is Asuka literally just out of quarantine and finding out what shit went down while she was out. Possibly from Misato?

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:25 pm

I swear, I have not been this excited for a movie in a long time. The trailer only just came out and my friends are all tired of hearing me talk about it.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Image
Just what I want to see in an ad for eye drops.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:

Does anybody else see what looks like a bunch of metal walkways behind whatever that's supposed to be? I swear there's some metallic girders or grates or something there.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Okay I'm officially a bit oversaturated by 'Asuka is really fucking angry and frantic' already. Is that all she gets to do in this movie (before getting killed off?) just run around screaming and freaking the hell out? The over-emoting of her 'I'm REALLY FEELING SOMETHING RIGHT NOW AND SHIT IS SERIOUS' is... overboard, whatever the hell is going on, probably. Anyway just me nitpicking I guess but geez.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Chances are everything we've seen of Asuka is taken from a single fight scene, with the latest scene probably being her marching towards Unit 02 to head off into space, so it probably won't be annoying in the actual film.

Imagine if they showed us scenes of Asuka in this way for EoE. All we'd see is shots of her looking angry in her Eva whilst fighting something, since they could hardly show anything OTHER than non-descript shots of the MP Eva fight which is basically all we've had here, too.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Chances are everything we've seen of Asuka is taken from a single fight scene, with the latest scene probably being her marching towards Unit 02 to head off into space, so it probably won't be annoying in the actual film.

Well, she's shown in two different plugsuits so probably not...

Imagine if they showed us scenes of Asuka in this way for EoE. All we'd see is shots of her looking angry in her Eva whilst fighting something, since they could hardly show anything OTHER than non-descript shots of the MP Eva fight which is basically all we've had here, too.

I don't know about that. Not only were there plenty of other, non-action-related scenes with Asuka in EoE that could be previewed in brief snapshots like what we've gotten of other characters here, but more to the point, in these previews Shinji, Rei, and Kaworu have all been portrayed (almost exclusively, even) in dramatic or introspective scenes. They seem to be consciously avoiding that possibility for Asuka.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she doesn't have any meaningful interaction with Shinji (or even appear in the same scene with him) at any point in the movie. I'm fearing that shooting her off into space for her to do action stuff millions of miles away from all the other characters is just a convenient way for the movie to sweep the events of the last movie under the rug and avoid having to answer any difficult questions or really get into her head, while distracting the audience with "space battle, how awesome!"

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Just what I want to see in an ad for eye drops.
I will just leave this here then. [url]http://www.santefx.jp/index.html[/url]
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she doesn't have any meaningful interaction with Shinji

Well, he didn't do much to take out the Entry Plug this time either...
And it has his Eva that tried to eat her just when she was starting to open herself to everyone...
I bet she feels betrayed, so I won't be surprised if she doesn't want t o talk with him at all and if there's interaction between the 2 it will be like that awkward deleted scene from EoE with Touji and Shinji in the basketball court...

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Well, he didn't do much to take out the Entry Plug this time either...
And it has his Eva that tried to eat her just when she was starting to open herself to everyone...
I bet she feels betrayed, so I won't be surprised if she doesn't want t o talk with him at all and if there's interaction between the 2 it will be like that awkward deleted scene from EoE with Touji and Shinji in the basketball court...
It is not like he had any control over it in the first place, Yes he could have taken out the entry plug, but there he was also being attacked and I doubt that she would know that Gendo enabled the dummy system. So we cannot really pin that on Shinji.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she doesn't have any meaningful interaction with Shinji
Hey, why stop what worked so well last time? :rimshot:

But seriously, very good point and well said. Maybe if she ends up with the eyepatch off at some point and has a purple eye or who knows what for her emotional scenes... but yeah, it's a stark contrast among the portrayals so far.

Mori-kun
Embryo

Postby Mori-kun » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:41 pm

TheTuna wrote:
SailorStarDust wrote:Both 1.11 and 2.22 had enhanced animation and audio, yep. I personally don't remember to what extent, besides the 2.22 version of 2.0 having a ridiculously high number of improved upon cuts.

I'm gonna be speculating a lot in this post, so folks who don't like that sort of thing about mere 2 cuts from the trailer, just scroll past this.

Anyway, something I recently noticed in the trailer since the cuts go by so fast:

Going along with Jorno's theory that the majority of the cuts from the trailers happen early on, are Shinji and Kaworu in the same environment?

The first thing that came to mind is this scenario: Shinji sitting about in that dark area, he hears something in the distance, he wanders around a little to the source, and comes across Kaworu who's on a lower level and...playing the piano. Kaworu luring out his prey?

First meeting perhaps? Or Kaworu and Shinji chatting before or after piano practice? (Rather, assuming it's like 24′, Shinji doing most of the chatting and Kaworu doing most of the listening?)

I first thought maybe the dark environment sequence is where Shinji is retrieved from Eva-01. Another scenario in my head: he's looking to the side and realizes Rei's not there (or is there, whichever), he wanders around in shock from previous events, stumbles across Kaworu for the first time.

But there's nothing else in the shot to confirm or deny that (LCL puddles from Eva-01, for instance), other than last year's Narrator Misato lines "Shinji Ikari awakens. Beside him stands a mysterious boy. And then, a new world waits for him".

Maybe Kaworu's literally standing in front of him.

I'm still not sure if the sense of "awakening" for Shinji is the literal waking up (after the shock of Eva-01), or waking up in a spiritual/etc level (eg, Pilots=Adams theory, if that's correct).

目覚 (めめざめ, waking) from 目覚める (めざめる, to wake up).

Either way, their first meeting near a piano is a nice nod to Sadamoto's manga. I bet he had some input on this sequence in Q.

It's not the same environment; the brown line behind Kaworu is the piano bench he's sitting on.

And yet, the pattern of the flooring is near identical. I agree with SSD that those two cuts will occur in the same setting, if both of them are actually to be in the film.[/spoiler]
[size=59]"Die Dood staan voor die deur

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”