New Evangelion Characters? [Eva Store Wall]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Akhbar_25
Embryo

NEW CHARACTERS in the promo poster Rebuild 3.0

•      
  •      

Postby Akhbar_25 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello People. I would like to start a new topic to see if someone have an idea/information about the new characters on the promo poster. Maybe from games, magazines, etc...

Here is a trailer were you can see two new girls.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqI_l5lYVQA[/url]

[img]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5474/rebnge30characters.png/[/img]

We have:

1. Unknown. Maybe a NERV guy as it is near the girl from the video.
2. at 0:48 we have this girl with the number 2 on the promo image. That, I think is a NERV agent. If you see closely she is wearing a NERV suit, because of the "strip thing" in the clavicle/shoulder area. Maybe a differenet branch of NERV after Tokio's HQ is invaded by SEELE. Correct me if I'm wrong, no worries.
3. Unknown. But the girl at 0:44 may be this character. On the video looked to me as Misato the first time I saw the trailer, but it is not. It also looks like Mari (same type of hair and eyes) Could it be Mari's Mother? and Mari was assign as EVA pilot like Asuka... I think there are more between Asuka and Mari.
4. Unknown.
5. Hyuga?
6. Looks to me as Maya
7. Aoba
8. Unknown. But it looks like a Woman with money and power.
9. Unknown. But it has a interesting look. New Pilot?
10. Same as number 9. I think it could be a new pilot as it is a girl and it is next to the EVA pilots
11. Kaworu
12. Shinji wearing a hospital gown...? looks like... Maybe after they take him out of the EVA01.
13. Rei.
14. Of course Asuka... My favorite character... How would I not recognize her.
15. Mari, same pose as Asuka. I think Mari and Asuka will have some sort of fight. It will be interesting if the EVAS have to fight each other.
16.Fuyutsuki...? as he is next to Gendo.
17.And...Gendo...

Let's see if we can find out or speculate about it.
"He was aware that he was still a child"
"Don't be"

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Previous topic: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12270/Possible-Spoilers-New-Evangelion-Characters/140/?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Kinda late to be posting since the trailer's been out for a while, but I already like Mocha (as people on /m/ are calling the brown-haired girl/young Misato(?)) and the new pink-haired girl as well. Reminds me of Simone from StarDriver.

But I wonder who the rest of the silhouettes are.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: 4 stands for death

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:4 is an unlucky number in Japan, Eva-04 was doomed since the beginning. Actually I wonder if it's been really sabotaged, those toys are pretty dangerous by themselves.

America doesn't care... :smokin:

Until her name is known, brunette is Minimi to me!
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:59 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:America doesn't care... :smokin:

Well, America doesn't care until shit hits the fan, they got rid of unit 03 in a matter of a few days after the incident with unit 04. I wonder who built unit 13. :lol:
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Well, America doesn't care until shit hits the fan, they got rid of unit 03 in a matter of a few days after the incident with unit 04. I wonder who built unit 13. :lol:

Boeing. :shh:

Prepare to see Eva 13 with a Blue, sky-blue and white color scheme... and eyebrows.

The entry plug features AVOD with the new sky interior :lol
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 pm

^
ANA would greatly appreciate it.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Copy paste from another thread since can lend itself to this discussion:
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Breakdown of the silhouette characters on Minna No Eva Fan, nice and visual: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1872.html

5 are still unaccounted for, I guess if we get anymore trailers the other new characters will be there?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:39 am

I'm really curious about the guy/gal in the middle wearing the weird helmet(?). The way the silhouettes feet are arranged it almost looks like it's floating in a very Tabris-esque way.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 am

I hope Pinkie Pie doesn't hog too much screentime from Maya, there can only be one Sempai-obsessed Bridge Bunny laying around.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:07 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:I hope Pinkie Pie doesn't hog too much screentime from Maya, there can only be one Sempai-obsessed Bridge Bunny laying around.

Maybe we get an Applejack looking pilot, for the sake of Fanservice.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Maybe we get an Applejack looking pilot, for the sake of Fanservice.

Keep your ponies out of my Eva
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:Keep your ponies out of my Eva

Keep your Evangelion out of my ponies!

On a more serious note, I really doubt a series conceived for a rebuild and started release back in 2007 is pulling inspiration of any kind from another show that started in late 2010. Especially one as tonally distanced from the series as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:Keep your ponies out of my Eva

Can we really pretend that after those JRA promotional videos?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I bet they are going to make a Spin Off Evangelion TV show after the movies are done. New characters will be part of the new franchise so they can drop all the ones we already know and love.

Eva will turn into a franchise like Gundam or Star Wars that they can continue forever. It in's current state they can only tell the same story over and over again in different universes. The movies are a way to reset and stay familiar. I bet the final movie will end in a similar way to the alt world of Anima.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:I bet they are going to make a Spin Off Evangelion TV show after the movies are done. New characters will be part of the new franchise so they can drop all the ones we already know and love.

Eva will turn into a franchise like Gundam or Star Wars that they can continue forever. It in's current state they can only tell the same story over and over again in different universes. The movies are a way to reset and stay familiar. I bet the final movie will end in a similar way to the alt world of Anima.

ALLELUJAH! Another believer of Evangelion finally greeting a new dawn! Or, as I call it "Kaworuism" let's be sincere, Kaworu is what probably derailed Eva from the angst-ridden, cosmic-horror-story it was about to become. Again.

I want Eva to become like MSLN; Then we get Evangelion TOS (Rebuild), Evangelion A's, Evangelion StrikerS and Evangelion FORCE!

(and perhaps some KaworuxShinji love)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

I shudder at that thought. I hope when Rebuild ends Eva ends. (It won't but at least the canon stuff. Are there just supposed to be various waves of Angels? Re-Angels?)

Anywho, i just hope Shinji doesn't have an awkward sexual/fan service moment with EVERY new female character. He's had the classic "Oops, I've fallen and grabbed your naked breast and I can't get up" bit with Rei. The "Oops, you're nude and you just kicked me in the face and I can't get up" bit with Asuka. The "Oops, you've fallen out of the sky and smothered me with your massive breasts and I can't get up" bit with Mari.
I'm guessing it's pretty much a given there will be a "We're naked & I can't get up" bit with Kaworu at some point but hopefully that's it.

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 pm

^ So true.
I didn't think much of the Rei scene because it was in the TVA. Asuka's scene was new and I liked it -- again I didn't think much of it. Then it started looking like too obvious with Mari, I guess. Yeah, why should Shinji keep falling down?

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I shudder at that thought. I hope when Rebuild ends Eva ends. (It won't but at least the canon stuff. Are there just supposed to be various waves of Angels? Re-Angels?)

Anywho, i just hope Shinji doesn't have an awkward sexual/fan service moment with EVERY new female character. He's had the classic "Oops, I've fallen and grabbed your naked breast and I can't get up" bit with Rei. The "Oops, you're nude and you just kicked me in the face and I can't get up" bit with Asuka. The "Oops, you've fallen out of the sky and smothered me with your massive breasts and I can't get up" bit with Mari.
I'm guessing it's pretty much a given there will be a "We're naked & I can't get up" bit with Kaworu at some point but hopefully that's it.

We need "Oops, you're nude and your hand is down there groping me and I can't get up."

And no, we move away from the Supernatural phenomena. How about fighting other FAR civilizations (assuming the FAR is still alive or can be employed in NME or some human civilizations from other world/dimension come into play through investigating angel technology and discovering dimensional travel.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion A's Episode 1: The White Devil.

*cue me spanner in the works*

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 am

View Original PostFluffyBunny wrote:Yeah, why should Shinji keep falling down?

Because extra-canonical stuff like ISIK is going to become canon soon enough.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”