*Spoilers* Could other Eva's awaken like Unit 01 did?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

*Spoilers* Could other Eva's awaken like Unit 01 did?

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 pm

Would it be possible for the other Eva's to awaken like Unit 01 did and go into God mode or is this something that is unique to Unit 01? I'm kinda curious if you guys think it was possible for the other Eva's to display the kind of power Unit 01 did when it awakened.

illustriusCheese
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby illustriusCheese » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:19 am

Every Eva should be able to do that if the [s:g2i1rs7k]pilot's sync ratio is high enough.[/s:g2i1rs7k]. Oops! I mean if the plug depth is deep enough.[/s]

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am

View Original PostillustriusCheese wrote:if the plug [s]depth[/s] is deep enough.

I knew always that Anno ment something with that... And not something good...

Now, on topic... Tough question... I can come with 2 options:

1.- Doesn't SEELE want the TRUE Evangelion?
Wouldn't that mean than only Evas above Mark. 6 can control their godhood? In that case, all Evas can, but hardy and not without some ill side effectcs, such as the world ending prematurely...
Now,couldn't Kaworu set his sinch ration in NGE? Couldn't he do the same to set it an "not so God" level with Mark 6 (enough to get the halo and unlimited energy, but not to lose control)?

2.- On the other hand, didn't wee saw in 1.11 that Eva 01 has blood type blue(something), I assume that in Rebuild, Eva 01 is different from the other Evas again...
Therefore, wouldn't Eva 01, "being an angel", be the only capable of doing that? Mark 6. we know IS an angel-like being too...

3.-What illustriusCheese said...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 am

The fact that it's called "Eva pseudo-evolution" rather than just "Unit 01 pseudo-evolution" does sort of suggest that it could work with other units. But while the first phase of this evolution only requires plug depth (assuming that Shinji himself doesn't have some special attribute unique to himself that makes pseudo-evolution possible, which has not been established), the second phase seems to require merging with the Rei/00/Zeruel hybrid entity (to attain the Fruit of Life? to become a Seed in its own right?) and these very specific circumstances suggest that, while this could work with any Eva, you'd need Rei/00 to complete it.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

illustriusCheese
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby illustriusCheese » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 am

View Original Postarael wrote:2.- On the other hand, didn't wee saw in 1.11 that Eva 01 has blood type blue(something), I assume that in Rebuild, Eva 01 is different from the other Evas again...
I think all the Eva's except for Mark 6 (and possibly Unit 8) are pretty much the same in Rebuild. The only reason Nerv treats Unit 1 special is probably because Yui is inside of it

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 pm

View Original PostillustriusCheese wrote:The only reason Nerv treats Unit 1 special is probably because Yui is inside of it

I think that by "Nerv" you mean Gendo and Fuyutsuki...
I really doubt that Misato knows about that... With some luck Ritsuko does...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”