Finally, rebuild movies are 3 or 4?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AkiraT
Embryo

Finally, rebuild movies are 3 or 4?

•      
  •      

Postby AkiraT » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi :toothy:
today I got this doubt, that I know has always talked about 4 movies. not 3, a trilogy. However, in a recent interview that I found on youtube at the Italian head of Dynit, Carlo Cavazzoni (Italian distributors of evangelion) created last October at the fair of Lucca Comics and Games, as he presented the dvd and bluray of evangelion 2.22, has repeatedly said that this is a trilogy, 3 films, not 4. and he, of course, has some contacts with the Khara studio.

Here you can see the nice video of the fair with the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X0VjPQO1bU&hd=1
(He speaks at 3:25)

Maybe it was wrong, but it's strange. Now, I knew that the film was 4. after "Q" there must be a "Final"... is it possible that Anno wants to group all in one movie? would be very bad ;_; :crybaby:

edit: oops I forgot that the interview is in Italian, here I put the English transcript (there may be some error):
[...]and then we also have the second movie of evangelion, eagerly awaited, both in DVD and Blu-ray, is the second film in the trilogy, the new trilogy of Evangelion, which goes some way to rewrite the whole history[...]
Last edited by AkiraT on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I still don't think this is reliable. I wouldn't take anyone's word for it unless it was a scan from a Japanese magazine or from Khara posting something on the internet.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:04 pm

The original announcement for the 4 movies had the last 2 (movie 3 and 4) be roughly 45 minutes and screened together as 1. The proposed release schedule for that same announcement is way off at this point, so some people think all the info in the announcement can be thrown out the window.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:16 pm

What Ornette has said is accurate. The production is way off the rails.

The original plan made it look like 1.0-3.0 would be re-edits of the TV series, and that Final would be a new ending screened alongside 3.0. It also made it look like the whole thing would be out by what, 2008?

Who knows?

Will 3.0 and Final come out at the same time? Will they be like two episodes of a whole like 25' and 26'?

We'll have to wait and see. An announcement for 3.0 is overdue at this point. It took just shy of two years to produce 2.0, and it's been that long since it was released.

AkiraT
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AkiraT » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:24 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:The original announcement for the 4 movies had the last 2 (movie 3 and 4) be roughly 45 minutes and screened together as 1. The proposed release schedule for that same announcement is way off at this point, so some people think all the info in the announcement can be thrown out the window.

What Ornette has said is accurate. The production is way off the rails.

The original plan made it look like 1.0-3.0 would be re-edits of the TV series, and that Final would be a new ending screened alongside 3.0. It also made it look like the whole thing would be out by what, 2008?

Who knows?

Will 3.0 and Final come out at the same time? Will they be like two episodes of a whole like 25' and 26'?

We'll have to wait and see.

thanks for info :tongue: , I did not know had been made an official announcement about this back in 2008. But I have left some doubt because he is the executive director of dynit, and it is strange that will not tip on something like this. but at this point, really... "only time will tell" :liplick:

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I guess it's best to just keep your hopes up, right? I mean the Evangelion manga restarted around 2.0's announcement/theater release (I forget, it's been awhile) and the manga is starting back up in April.. so.. Just hope I guess.

I mean look at it this way, Khara is most definitely working on the movie as we speak. They don't exactly do much else as an entire studio.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm

View Original PostAkiraT wrote:thanks for info :tongue: , I did not know had been made an official announcement about this back in 2008. But I have left some doubt because he is the executive director of dynit, and it is strange that will not tip on something like this. but at this point, really... "only time will tell" :liplick:

The original announcements were back in 2006, this is the only thing I can find about it right now, but there's probably more stuff in that thread:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=51253#51253

CORE
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CORE » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 am

Anno added "working hard on Q" or some thing to that effect to the end of his Japanese bibliography afue months back. You would think he would say Q+F if they where going to be released to cinema at the same time.

I think from this the only likelihood's that are possible are

Q in theaters for a time then F in theaters at a later date then Q+F DVD/BD

Q in theaters ... this is the end Q DVD/BD

The longer they work on Q the less likely F will happen it seems?
not knowing if +F will happen or not is obviously deliberate at this point?

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:42 am

Perhaps Q is a shorthand for 3.0 & FINAL?
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:03 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Perhaps Q is a shorthand for 3.0 & FINAL?

I don't think so - if Q were the conclusion, the PV would probably have identified it as such. In fact I don't know that the name 3.0 has been used to date by any official sources - it seems to me that Q/Quickening is simply what the next movie is called, and only Khara knows how the fourth installment will me handled.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:29 pm

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Perhaps Q is a shorthand for 3.0 & FINAL?

From our Wiki:

The working Japanese title was ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:急 (Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Kyū, Evangelion New Movie Edition: Rush). With the preview included in Eva 2.0, the Kyū was replaced with the identically-pronounced letter "Q" followed by the subtitle "Quickening", which has the same basic meaning as "Rush" with the added nuance of an unborn child's first movements. (Additionally, in Japan, the stylistic choice to substitute "Q" for the kanji 急 is not uncommon.[Source needed]) The full international title has yet to be announced.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

We've literally heard nothing about Q except that it will feature "fan service".

MelchiorTM
Embryo

From my take

•      
  •      

Postby MelchiorTM » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 am

I think what they meant was there are 3 movies (trilogy), and then a whole new ending (Final). Weird way to say it but this might explain the trilogy situation.

Strayn
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Strayn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:18 am

I wonder if Anno will ever stick with the original plan instead of remaking his movies over and over again.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 am

View Original PostStrayn wrote:I wonder if Anno will ever stick with the original plan instead of remaking his movies over and over again.

He's not remaking anything. The other versions, 1.11 and 2.22 are to boost sales. Almost every anime series adds either reanimated scenes or a new OVA in one (or more) of the DVD/BD's, this is no different.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”