Studio Khara is now on Twitter

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:46 pm

View Original PostC.A.P. wrote:^I didn't know you knew Gatotsu beforehand...

Can't say I knew him, he commented my MAL profile recently...apparently it wasn't some random guy but EGFer :lol:

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:HOLY SHIT YOU'RE THAT MAL GUY

I looked at your favourite animu and was going to say you should join EGF or something, lol :D

EGF? Do tell. Oh wait. That's this, isn't it? (EG = Electronic Games? F = Frontier? You never can tell)

You certainly seem like an... energetic fellow, if I do say so.

Funny story: I actually had no idea you were a member here when I posted on your profile. If I knew I would've thought twice about it. (I keed, I keed)
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 pm

EGF = EvaGeeks Forum.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Now Khara has a new outlet for even less Eva news. Can't wait for more news about Eva 2.0 stuff.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:56 am

Anno posted on Studio Khara's Twitter saying how the northeast has the deepest sympathy from all the Staff and they/he hopes everybody there is alright: https://twitter.com/#!/khara_inc/status/48377923509555200
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Anno posted on Studio Khara's Twitter saying how the northeast has the deepest sympathy from all the Staff and they/he hopes everybody there is alright: https://twitter.com/#!/khara_inc/status/48377923509555200

I wonder if he feels remorse for flooding Japan and killing mankind in EoE now...

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:25 pm

^I'm sure when it's OK to be "funny again", he will allege that he in fact predicted the catastrophes that began a week ago back with EoE, and that Evangelion was really a carefully coded prophecy of said series of unfortunate events
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm sure a lot of people will end up thinking that's the case and worshipping him whether he says so or not.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

SurferJon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SurferJon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Would he really say something like that or are you guys just joking? :p Is there an arrogant side to him I've never heard about?
I love Eva and Pokemon. :D

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:12 am

^you don't watch a whole lot of interviews with Anno, do you Mr. SurferJon?

source of that adapted quote at 4:44

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

SurferJon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SurferJon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 am

Guess I haven't. Link meh!! :p

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:04 am

being serious now, he has mellowed significantly in recent years since he got married and started his own family, but around the time Anno did NGE and EoE, he had a major attitude about a lot of things, such as how he was not getting the respect in the anime industry he thought he had earned, a falling out with a paramour at the time, disenchantment with Japan and its status as an economic and military world power in the 1990's and for much of his lifetime, and great unsatisfactoriness about how Evangelion was being interpreted by the otaku crowd that he had targeted with the messages of Evangelion

SurferJon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SurferJon » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:10 am

Well, when you work on something as awesome as Eva and don't get any recognition, I'm sure it'd drive anyone (in the same position) to anger / arrogance. Especially when you put your heart and soul into it. People like Miyazaki can remain humble because everyone gobbles up their work right away. :p The other stuff sounds pretty understandable too, honestly. Though I haven't seen the interviews so I can't really judge.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Screw release dates. "It'll be done when it's done!" is the attitude more movies should take. The pressure to meet release is what hobbles many big budget films. Finish it, then tell us when to see it.

...Why did I just picture a photoshopped Duke Nukem Forever poster?

Anyway, from the interviews snippets I've read, I always got an Alan-Moore-of-anime vibe from Anno. Helps both are (or were) likely insane. ...Insanely awesome but still.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 am

Apparently, they've done some 3D work for GitS Solid State Society 3D: http://www.ph9.jp/sss-3d/

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:...Why did I just picture a photoshopped Duke Nukem Forever poster?

True, Duke Nukem Forever could be held up as representative of the "release it when it's done" mindset... but so could The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

And yes, Anno is without a doubt the Alan Moore of anime. Brilliant, disgruntled, and certifiably insane.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

CORE
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CORE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:25 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Apparently, they've done some 3D work for GitS Solid State Society 3D: http://www.ph9.jp/sss-3d/

If they have a alternative reality ending in rebuild switching to 3D for it would be a pretty sublime effect.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”