Evangelion 2.22 release date: 03/29/11

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:24 pm

View Original Postmakinami wrote:You have the Bluray, I have the DVD. This probably has something to do with it.

Actually, I have both versions; DVD and Blu-ray. Each Omit Scene on the DVD version was fully subtitled as well. You may want to try it on a different player.

makinami
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby makinami » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

View Original Postsquall.leonhart wrote:Actually, I have both versions; DVD and Blu-ray. Each Omit Scene on the DVD version was fully subtitled as well. You may want to try it on a different player.

You got me there; I tried the scenes in two other players and the subs are indeed intact.

It's interesting that the subs decide to crap out 2/3rds of the way through each omitted scene in that player, but it has no issue with every other track on both discs.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 am

Just saw the omitted scenes.

Reeeeally trying to figure the one with Ritsuko and Rei.

/creeped out

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 am

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Just saw the omitted scenes.

Reeeeally trying to figure the one with Ritsuko and Rei.

/creeped out

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=370293#370293

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:31 am

View Original Postsquall.leonhart wrote:Extras
Originally, I thought that the extras were identical to the RA-JP Blu-ray, but apparently, Funimation does not have the license for Utada Hikaru's Fly Me to the Moon, so the Teaser was not included.

Check out this thread, it's relevant to your comments: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=10999

(I'm still debating with myself to just buy the Japanese BDs of 1.11 and 2.22 now or just wait for some inevitable boxset... Don't have a Blu-ray player but I could always save up for a PS3.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:53 am

[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:40 pm

I just got mine today as I live in the UK and I have to say I'm incredibly pissed off with the quality and style of the packaging.

The packaging card case is of extremely LOW quality. The Japanese one (I own the 1st press) feels really strong and of top quality. The Italian limited edition (i have that as well) the packaging is pasable quality where it is no where near as good as Japanese but still good. The US funimation packaging is already peeling on mine (just got it today) and the orange peel texture is pathetic and nothing for them to brag about like they were in their hey nice package.

They should have kept with the card pull out case like with their 1.11 release and made the packaging with the same quality card with better 'orange peel' quality.

Have funimation ever heard of consistancy? Doesnt fucking look it it tbh rofl

edit: rofl it changed my word to 'rogering' haha
Hello

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:33 pm

going by the post in the news section, the Aussies are getting ripped off, they only get a 16 page booklet, the U.S. release has a 20 page booklet.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Mines in pretty good quality, could have gotten better though....

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:54 pm

:resurrect: , but it feels like the most on-topic thread.

People have commented that at some point or another, Funimation stopped including the orange slipcase on their 2.22 BDs/DVDs.

Does anybody know when exactly this started happening, or why, for that matter*? I'm asking as a general curiosity question more than anything else.

*FWIW: When I briefly owned Funi's 2.22 DVD, the info sticker for some reason stuck onto the slipcase instead of shrink wrap caused peeling, but would that be a possible reason?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:People have commented that at some point or another, Funimation stopped including the orange slipcase on their 2.22 BDs/DVDs.

Does anybody know when exactly this started happening, or why, for that matter*? I'm asking as a general curiosity question more than anything else.

Around a year ago, I started hearing complaints of how people weren't getting the orange slip cover. A friend of mine just ordered 2.22 and it didn't contain the orange slip cover. I went to my local Moviestop yesterday and they had a new copy of 2.22 BD with the orange slipcover but hardly anyone ever goes to the Movestop so I don't know how "new" the copy is. The local Best Buy has a new DVD copy of 2.22 with the orange slip cover but when I look for it in BD it does not have the orange slip cover.

I honestly don't know when it started but I first learned they stopped doing it a year ago. Frankly I'm torn on the idea of the removing the slipcover cause the quality of the slipcover was quite low, getting scratched easily was an issue for me.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:27 pm

If my experience with Disney BDs are anything to go by is that BDs with slip covers, after being out for a certain time period, are usually replaced standard amaray cases without said slip covers. This is especially true in online retailer stores where they sell DVDs and BDs. I got my copy Evangelion 2.22 Blu-Rau without the slip cover, for example, at Amazon last in December.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”