Evangelion 2.22 release date: 03/29/11

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Damn you Florida and your inappropriately sunny disposition!

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:00 am

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:Cinema screenings information:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-11-22/evangelion/2.0-you-can-not-advance-attacks-north-america

January 2011 is when it'll begin. Actual dates will be revealed eventually.

I'd love to see it in theatres. Florida always gets shafted in the limited screenings department, though. :shinchair:

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:Cinema screenings information:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-11-22/evangelion/2.0-you-can-not-advance-attacks-north-america

January 2011 is when it'll begin. Actual dates will be revealed eventually.

Hehe, you beat me to the punch, but I'll drink to that.

"ZA BEASTO!"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-22/eva-2.0-n-american-theatrical-run-dated-for-january

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:15 am

So if this thing is being released in January why do we still have no cast list?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27 am

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:So if this thing is being released in January why do we still have no cast list?

blame Funi
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 pm

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:So if this thing is being released in January why do we still have no cast list?

The same reason why we have no "The Sacred Blacksmith" cast list yet which is being released on DVD in January.

"God knows."

They'll probably reveal it rather soon though.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Dont forget. There's still a month before January. I'll bet we get the cast list sometime next month.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 pm

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Dont forget. There's still a month before January. I'll bet we get the cast list sometime next month.

You should be a comedian.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:You should be a comedian.

What's that suppose to mean? I wasnt trying to be funny. We probably will get a cast list next month if one doesnt come out before this one is over.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 am

Just giving you a hard time.

So we have Spike, Allison, Tiffany (duh), and a better Rei in the mix, I'm really just wondering who will play Kaji. Greg Ayers played Kensuke in 1.0 so what does that mean?

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:21 am

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:Just giving you a hard time.

So we have Spike, Allison, Tiffany (duh), and a better Rei in the mix, I'm really just wondering who will play Kaji. Greg Ayers played Kensuke in 1.0 so what does that mean?

We dont know if Grant will come back or not. They might very well pick someone else to play Asuka. I know people think she'll be back but it is a possibilty she wont get the role. After all,Rei got a different VA in the first movie.

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 am

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:We dont know if Grant will come back or not. They might very well pick someone else to play Asuka. I know people think she'll be back but it is a possibilty she wont get the role. After all,Rei got a different VA in the first movie.

Well I'm not sure why they replaced Rei, maybe it was that actor was not available.

But you know the saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it", so it's very unlikely that they would just go out and pick someone other than her. From what I've heard people say that she is willing to be the voice of Asuka in the rebuild, so if they pick someone else it will most likely be for some very good reasons.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 am

Just accept it, she's coming back.

Funi would receive death threats from her otherwise. ;)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 am

Grant will probably come back and continue to give a terrible rendition of Asuka- more valley girl bitch than actual human being.

But death threats? I think that's placing far too much importance on what is arguably a niche market.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:34 pm

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:Just accept it, she's coming back.

Funi would receive death threats from her otherwise. ;)

Hey. I would like it if she came back myself because she does a good job at voicing Asuka. But you never know. They could pick someone else. They'd probably do just that to see what Grant will do lol.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Well, Funimation didn't get the original Wolfwood and the two girls (I forget their names) back for Trigun: Badlands Rumble, but I think that was because they lived so far away and hardly did any work after Trigun.

But in all honesty, if Grant doesn't come back, I wont mind. I know tons of voice actors who could do Asuka who also work for Funimation.

Not that I think Grant is bad, I like her voice for Asuka, but this is a new series of movies. Asuka kind of has a somewhat different personality now. I would totally understand if they do not use her at all.

ramblerambleramble.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

lolpretendingtobeamodlol

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Dub discussion thread is thatta way. Don't turn this into another Pro-Grant vs. Anti-Grant thread. :stubborn:

ANYWAY, I wasn't soaking up the fandom back then, so how close was the release of cast information to the beginning of 1.0's theatre run? They might just announce it the week before or something. It's not like they need to release the information before the movie comes out, or anything.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: lolpretendingtobeamodlol

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:05 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Dub discussion thread is thatta way. Don't turn this into another Pro-Grant vs. Anti-Grant thread. :stubborn:

Sorry I didn't intend for it to turn into a thread like that. What I really meant to state was how Funi doesn't seem to be getting old voice actors back for a certain movie if they live too far away and haven't done much work. Though I think Grant works with Funi and has done a fair few things with them.

ANYWAY, I wasn't soaking up the fandom back then, so how close was the release of cast information to the beginning of 1.0's theatre run? They might just announce it the week before or something. It's not like they need to release the information before the movie comes out, or anything.

I think it was a while before the 1.01 DVD came out because if I recall correctly they had a screening at a con months and months before the DVD. I want to say the screening was in July 2009 but I could be wrong. I may be thinking of the FMA movie.

Anyway it could be a Christmas announcement, Funi tend to make random announcements from casts to licenses around Christmas.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Don't turn this into another Pro-Grant vs. Anti-Grant thread.

I am neither pro nor anti especially - though if she does get the gig, it would be interesting to see whether she turns down the (for want of a better term) Asuka-ness a notch or two as ReAsuka is a slightly different character or whether shes going to stick with the usual as thats what some of the fans will be expecting. I just feel she might have the chance to bring some more texture to the character other than Weapons Grade Tsudere 'WHAAAAAT!?!?' type stuff.

Saying that,
SPOILER: Show
her first line is going to be whatever 'Anta Baka' is translated into. Gah.

Me? I cant wait to see how Our Tiff (or whoever gets the role) handles Shower 2.0 and Elevator 2.0 amongst others :D

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Awesome news, I can finaly watch 2.0 for once since I have not been in a Evangelion discussion in so long.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Zan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing 2.0 and finally being able to answer all the questions my role-playing group has been asking me about the rebuild series, apparently they think I'm a more hardcore Evangelion nerd than I really am =P
Also, hooray for Asuka being in this one!
I wish LCL could be grape-flavored

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”