SPLIT: Asuka in Q/3.0.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Yea... the only thing that bugs me is that the whole revelation, the whole climax of whether instrumentality happens or not ends up as: "Is it okay for me to be here?" --profound silence-- "rraaAAAAAAAAAGHGAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I'm guessing her silence meant no? Or, it's up to you? But why the horrified painful sounding reaction? He could've been like, okay well see you later then, or not. Or at least like, thanks Rei, thanks mom, I finally get it now. But no, he shrieks.

Um, and Asuka whats with her right? (tries to make it seem like he's on topic)

EDIT: sorry got off topic, you dont have to read this. well go on, stop reading it!
Last edited by Shinji on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Gamertag:Undead Safety

Currently playing Cod Black Ops: Zombies

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

The silence means that there is no answer. Nobody knows if it's all right for them to be there. There is nobody qualified to give Shinji an answer. There is no answer qualified to be given to Shinji, for that matter.

Luckily he eventually realizes that if you expect an answer, anta just went full baka.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:21 pm

There's plenty of instrumentality threads in the discussion forum. Take your pick and the discussion can continue over there, or else this thread's getting pruned.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 am

Asuka & Shinji <3 in 3.0 FTW.

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 am

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:Asuka & Shinji <3 in 3.0 FTW.

Hell yea! Shinji is goin to be pumpin that ass all night long.

Also looking at Asuka with an eye patch, most people will think that she became ugly or something, I have a little more positive look on it. With an eye patch Asuka has effectively reduced her chances of getting it in the eye by 50%, which means that possible conflicts between Asuka and Shinji will be reduced as well.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Just sayin'.

If anyone is going to break Shinji in it's Asuka, shes the dominant type. I don't understand why some want this whole Shinji & Rei thing. Always felt like Anno put Asuka in there to be Shinji's yin to his yang. She is pretty much who he wanted to be or more, possessing traits he didn't have the courage to develop. But neither of them knew how to communicate, but every knows this. Their attraction to each other was pretty subtle in the show, but that all makes it all the more exiting to watch.

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 pm

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:Always felt like Anno put Asuka in there to be Shinji's yin to his yang.

Yep, she's basically the perfect foil for Shinji. I basically consider any kind of romantic relationship between them hopeless though after everything that's happened to them. Asuka isn't willing to let anyone in emotionally, sure she throws herself on Kaji, but that's just because she wants to feel like she's an adult.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Of course it could not work out. It's much more controversial and exiting to see them just at the edge of leading on to something. Too many films just show too much (sex, cliché kissing scenes).

To be brief: Evangelion got balls.
Last edited by thedarkorb on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm

View Original PostShinji wrote:Yep, she's basically the perfect foil for Shinji. I basically consider any kind of romantic relationship between them hopeless though after everything that's happened to them. Asuka isn't willing to let anyone in emotionally, sure she throws herself on Kaji, but that's just because she wants to feel like she's an adult.

This doesn't have any bearing on Rebuild, because Asuka no longer represents the push towards adulthood but the push towards reaching out to others - although it's so poorly written that it's difficult to accept that. If there is a relationship between Asuka and Shinji in Rebuild, one would surely expect her to initiate - but I can't really say I hope she does, given that ReShinji has effectively demonstrated that he has no interest in reaching out in response.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 pm

If Anno decides to make the films end on a high, then maybe there will be a hint at something between them. I could only see it as a hint. If it end in doom and gloom, then it's pretty much hopeless.

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm just waiting for 3.0 to see if blood comes shooting out of anyone's nose or if a girl trying to reach something high up falls and somehow does a 180 in mid air and plants their boobs in Shinji's face. Misato did promise more fan service after all, but she always says that.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:05 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote: I can't really say I hope she does, given that ReShinji has effectively demonstrated that he has no interest in reaching out in response.

This. Rebuild Shinji has consistently shown himself to be a cold, uncaring person--she's better off with Kaworu. But then again, if she got together with Kaworu, I'm sure 3.0 would end with our intrepid protagonist"heroically" killing said Angel, so...blargh.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Asuka/Toji. They'll be sitting in the hospital bay, both of them with casts and bandages, and Toji just looks over and greets, "You too, huh?"
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Asuka/Toji. They'll be sitting in the hospital bay, both of them with casts and bandages, and Toji just looks over and greets, "You too, huh?"

Are you implying that Shinji will do his business on Toji as well?

You sicko!

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

View Original Postthedarkorb wrote:If Anno decides to make the films end on a high, then maybe there will be a hint at something between them. I could only see it as a hint. If it end in doom and gloom, then it's pretty much hopeless.

This is Gainax we're talking about here. It's NOT going to end happily. It'll be a bittersweet ending at best. Probably confusing as shit, and ambivalent as all get-out. Maybe they'll iron out the wrinkles once and for all.
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:48 am

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:Maybe they'll iron out the wrinkles once and for all.

"They'll just have to learn to 'think smooth', I guess!"

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Well, just going off of the shot of her we see in the 3.0 preview, I'd say she makes a pretty decent come-back from the whole contamination deal. Presumably we'll get some flash-backery to what was happening to her in 2.0 and find out her back-story through whatever it is that happened. Then (Again, going off the preview shot) she'll make a strong recovery and the audience will have a proper understanding of her character. After that I have no idea, since this is Anno we're dealing with.

I hope she has a fairly big role in 3.0, since I find her opposition the the TV show's Asuka to be pretty interesting.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:58 am

For Shikinami's development game theory, the only logical solution is to stop playing.

In other words; the only way her character can achieve full development is to kill her off. The only reason she was put in the movie was for nostalgia/shock value. she has achieved that, no one can fault Rebuild of not being Eva because it has Asuka/Shinji/Rei.

Now that they have the new spunky haffu hotblooded pilot (Mari) why do we need the other "sample" for? just kill her off/devolve her into LCL and tell everyone she went to a nice farm on the country side to hunt wabbits.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 am

View Original PostEric Blair wrote:For Shikinami's development game theory, the only logical solution is to stop playing.

In other words; the only way her character can achieve full development is to kill her off. The only reason she was put in the movie was for nostalgia/shock value. she has achieved that, no one can fault Rebuild of not being Eva because it has Asuka/Shinji/Rei.

I am going to laugh when Q pulls the rug out from under you, rolls it up, and uses it to beat some sense into your fool head.

Now that they have the new spunky haffu hotblooded pilot (Mari) why do we need the other "sample" for? just kill her off/devolve her into LCL and tell everyone she went to a nice farm on the country side to hunt wabbits.

Because Mari sucks ass. She stole Asuka's role, then stole her ride (and trashed it). Screw putting her out of her misery; I want Asuka to come back and kick that bitch's ass (or, at the very least, make her look bad by being just that awesome).

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:23 am

^ the first part is possible but the second one is highly unlikely, Mari hasn't even fully disclosed her agenda yet, I doubt that she'll see her place stolen by Asuka (also Soryu wasn't that good to keep together her ride against Zeruel in NGE, the poor Mari doesn't have any fault other than having activated an abomination)
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”