[Rumor] English dub of 2.0 Announced release date

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby insomniac » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:41 pm

View Original PostZekkykins wrote:Except the Hong Kong edition is fuckin' terribad. Or, to be fair, the subtitles are. The picture quality is, of course, wonderful, but the subtitles are so hard to read at times, not to mention being a bit Engrish-y in specific parts.

Assuming we're talking about the current Hong Kong 2.22 that's on the market. If we're not, for some reason, then... Derp.

The 2.0 I saw in the theatres over here actually had similar subs to the Hong Kong edition. I only brought the DVD, the BD isn't is the right region for me.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

This is karma for me being such a dick, isn't it?

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I couldn't find the ANN article where they mentioned the Spring of 2011, only just 2011, and Funi's website isn't much help, just says "...release film on DVD and Blu-ray in 2011."

Aw, man... and here I was thinking we'd get it in March. :shinji_boohoo:

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 pm

November 2011 is seems likely since Evangelion 1.0 was release last November. Too bad we have to wait so long though.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: [Rumor] English dub of 2.0 Announced release date

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:No, they didn't.

They didn't? ...well, either way, we have to wait. :stubborn:

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Why did the topic's name get changed to [rumored] when an actual person involved confirmed the film's release month?
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 am

View Original PostZekkykins wrote:Except the Hong Kong edition is fuckin' terribad. Or, to be fair, the subtitles are. The picture quality is, of course, wonderful, but the subtitles are so hard to read at times, not to mention being a bit Engrish-y in specific parts.
Its not that bad, yes there is the occasional Engrish moment but you can understand it at least, seemed easy enough to read when I watched it but maybe you are further back from your screen than I was, I just wish Kaji's bit had had subtitles (mumbles to self about how they didn't even get a guy from near Hong Kong to make it sound understandable on the Chinese dub). For getting it over a year before the western release though we can't moan too much about em I guess.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

...and also because it's a rumor.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:Why did the topic's name get changed to [rumored] when an actual person involved confirmed the film's release month?

It hasn't been confirmed that Grant is returning for 2.22 yet.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 am

It makes sense that she would be, considering she's so obsessed with her role as Asuka.

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:06 pm

It should be against the law to not re-hire her.
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 am

^
Preachin' to the choir, dude.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:32 pm

I don't know if this is the right thread to put this on on this past week's ANNCast, they had the Marketing Director for Funimation, Lance Heiskell, as a guest and at the end of the twitter questions (roughly the last 6-6 1/2 minutes of the show), someone we do not need to pay attention to asked if there was going to be any casting news for 2.22 by the spring cons or earlier. Lance replied that by spring we'd be "hearing a whole lot more" about 2.22 and that they "fast-tracked that puppy" Since this is someone from Funimation commenting on the movie, do these comments gives us the possibility that there might be a spring release after all? I'm asking becasue what would be fast for one person might be painfully slow for someone else.

Here is the podcast itself if you want to hear. Again it's around the last six to seven minutes of the show.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-10-22[/url]

I should also note that lance stated that they tried to get EoE, but failed. Too bad.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

kirri
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kirri » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I should also note that lance stated that they tried to get EoE, but failed. Too bad.

Well, that's terribly disappointing. :(

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

DE GESO

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:04 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I should also note that lance stated that they tried to get EoE, but failed. Too bad.

So someone else got it, or...?

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: DE GESO

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:38 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:So someone else got it, or...?

Yeah, you'd hope so...
I know Gainax like to overcharge for this stuff, but I hope they realize that it's better to get less for a license than you'd like than to get nothing at all. EoE isn't exactly something that US anime companies are rushing to get their hands on at the moment.
Also, I really want a Blu-Ray.

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:50 pm

From what I understood, Funimation wants to get the best product possible for the US, with all extras that the Japanese got in their release of the film. However, the access to these extras isn't so easy since they have to go to each production company that made them in order to get them, and also pay an amount of money for each of them, so that doesn't make it very easy. It was left off in a note that they would keep trying to get it. I seriously hope they are able to, and if not them, a quality company that can give us the quality release that the film deserves. Funny that extras should be such a problem, to my knowledge, the Japanese DVD only has trailers, the original, deleted live action sequence and the screenplay. Although if they are trying to get of more in depth extras, all the better, but i'd be satisfied with it being a bare bones remastered, anamorphic DVD.

Good to know that they fast-tracking 2.22. I hope I can watch it in theaters.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Is 2.0 supposed to have a Spring release like 1.0 did?

(I hope so, I already plan on buying Lain and Haibane in Spring IF they are releasing the blu ray boxes... *prays*)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”