A Clinically Insane Raccoon Roams My Streets at Night!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

A Clinically Insane Raccoon Roams My Streets at Night!

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:24 am

First off, a little background. There is an abundance of stray cats living in my neighborhood. My grandmother, to put it lightly, is a lover of animals, and to put it harshly, is a crazy cat lady. In our heyday, we've had about fifteen cats living in the house, but it's dwindled to about seven because of various mysterious, non-poison-related deaths. We get so many, because my grandmother, when she's not cleaning up after my obese and useless family, feeds and domesticates them, usually as kittens. Now, our latest cat is significantly older. He's anywhere between one and two years old and his name is Betty. We've somehow managed to miss his very prominent testicles and named him that because, in my Grandmother's words, "He looked like a Betty." My youngest brother letter gave him the surname "White", so I've been calling him "Betty White".

Earlier this summer my previous animal nemesis, Fat Mama Raccoon (who, as the name should imply, is the mother of my current animal nemesis) and her four miniaturized doppelgangers terrorized the cat food bowl and devoured it's contest, with horrendous and savage speed. She and most of her litter has since moved on, with the exception of one: the runt.

At first I thought he was adorable. In fact, I thought raccoons in general were adorable. With their beady little black eyes, and their little masks, and their little paws, which are almost like hands. "They're like little furry burglars! What's not to love about raccoons! They're obviously the product of a benevolent and loving god!" Well, I was an ignorant, pretentious virgin back when I uttered those colossally stupid words, and although still two out of three, I can safely say that I've been a fool my entire life, but am one no longer. These creatures are abominations and should be purged from the earth for reasons that I will now make clear to you.

My grandmother stopped leaving food out for the coons after that runt went crazy and tried to climb up her thigh. She was trying to put some food in the dish, but the coon tried to dart up her body for the cup in her hand. She screams and runs away, the little pellets flying everywhere like a rain of Coco puffs. I saw it with my own two eyes, and was thus the first witness to the savage cruelty of these animals. That was only last week. Today, Betty came home today with a huge cut across his face, so I didn't feel comfortable leaving him alone. How could I? How could I leave him alone knowing that psycho coon is out there? We can't bring Betty into the house until Wednesday, when we can afford to buy flea powder, but I digress. When I went out just now to pet him, I saw that crazy raccoon attacking a water bottle in the gutter.

I'm like "Whatever. As long as it's being stupid over there and not over here."

But after a few minutes, he comes running up onto my porch. I'm thinking "Bitch, you serious have the nerve to come up here while I'm here! Learn your place, inconsiderate negro of the animal kingdom!" Then the little fucker attacks my foot! Well, it only clawed at my pant-leg, but I know it was going in for the kill, it was snarling and everything. Then, after realizing there's still no food in the bowl, he tries to attack Betty. I'm standing in the door frame and start kicking the door, which scares Betty away, so the coon just kind of wanders off. It goes into the bushes where a small possum is waddling around, so that crazy bitch raccoon starts attacking it, too! They run around in circles, the coon taking slashes at the possums face until it give up, obviously scared by all the pounding on my porch that I was doing.

But, wait! There's more! A few more minutes and he comes back, jumps on top of this owl statue we've got on our wooden railing, rides it right into the garbage can beneath it, knocks that over, starts wrestling with a cat bed, while snarling obscenely, then digs a bunch of dirt out of a planter. Yes, ingenious and brilliant raccoon! We've buried cat-food in a planter! You've seen through our clever ruse, you magnificent idiot! It then follows Betty all the way from my porch to this hole in the street next door and tries to attack him again!

In short, raccoons are a barbaric, stupid, violent (and kind of adorable) plague upon mankind. If I'm pushed any farther, I will track him down and make him into a hat. Not only that, I'll wear the hat and regale future generations of my epic of triumph of man over nature. There where will be songs comparable to Homer's Odyssey sung of this battle. I myself will author the raccoon equivalent of Moby Dick as the coons blood dries on my hands. In fact, I shall write the book out in long hand, in the raccoon's blood. (The working title is Moby Rick, but I'll probably drop it once I can find a nice metaphor to hammer into your skulls.) If that raccoon does not either learn there is no more food here for him, or remembers that man is his master, and could roast him in our wondrous microwaves if we so chose, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.

Discuss.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 am

Is it possible to call animal control to bust the Raccoon, or would that in some way be counter-productive to your families' pro-cat stance?
Voluntary Illusion.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am

I know someone who is having a similar problem with animals stealing from the cat bowl, except with them its a skunk family, which they decided for obvious reasons to leave alone. I did have a raccoon problem, they would tear up our garden in the middle of the night, so I set up one of those havahart traps baited with some stuff from the garden. Next morning had one not so happy raccoon in the trap, and after he calmed down a bit I relocated him about a mile a so away in another set of woods.
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:33 am

Just make sure the damn thing doesn't bite you. It's a wild animal so there's no telling what it could be carrying.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 am

Get yourself a pitchfork.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Go to 4chan's advice board.

When Reichu had a problem with a deer in her yard, I made a thread about on /adv/ and they had a bunch of good ideas.

Just make sure your post has an image of Mugi. /adv/ loves Mugi.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Kill it.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:55 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Is it possible to call animal control to bust the Raccoon, or would that in some way be counter-productive to your families' pro-cat stance?

The only time you should ever go to animal control is to adopt.

Animal control is an organization of animal abusers.

A friend of mine had a dog. Some dickface from animal control drove by, shot it with a tranquilizer, chased it, than beat it to death with a stick. All because it didn't have on a leash.

They also wait only a week before they kill the animals. And the living conditions there are worse than the Humane Society. It might have shitty living conditions too, but at least they try not to!

And stray animals that aren't hurting anyone are enslaved, too!

Animal control sucks.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:14 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Just make sure the damn thing doesn't bite you. It's a wild animal so there's no telling what it could be carrying.

This.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:This.

True but in an effort to fight rabies in wild animals many animal control agencies have started setting baited traps, whose food contains a dose of rabies vaccine. Check this out it has some info. on removing raccoons.
[url]http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/professional-trapper/howtogetridofraccoons.htm[/url]
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

kirri
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kirri » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:24 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:I did have a raccoon problem, they would tear up our garden in the middle of the night, so I set up one of those havahart traps baited with some stuff from the garden. Next morning had one not so happy raccoon in the trap, and after he calmed down a bit I relocated him about a mile a so away in another set of woods.

^Do this. My Dad has to capture and relocate numerous raccoons each year using this method, because they eat the grapes off of our grapevine.

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 pm

We had a raccoon wander into our house a few weeks ago, an old one too. Didn't attack, just wanted out. I kinda think the coon was once domesticated because he was scratching at the door, and looking at me like a dog.

I used to have a raccoon as a pet when I was a kid. As long as you get them while their eyes are closed, they will make great pets. Smart little thing (he ate cat food and used the litter box), mischievous too. He used to take the plug in the sink, put it in the drain and turn on the water. Our Neighbor shot him because of the common misconception that friendly acting coons have rabies. After wards, we got another one, but the cats got to him and disemboweled him.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Raccoons make great pets if you get them when they're young enough. Of course, the same could be said about a lot of animals. Hell, my dad and his brothers even kept a baby alligator as a pet for a few months when they were kids (lol 60s florida).

Raccoons, though, seem to have different personalities based on where you find them. I've run across a few at my dad's office on the outskirts of town, and they're paranoid as hell. Pretty much hiss at you if you get within 10 feet of them.

Country raccoons, though, seem a lot more laid back. I see them in the yard every now and then at night, and they just kind of scamper around. I mean, I've been able to hand them food on occasion (probably not a good idea, but I figure at least I can make something's night a little better).

But yeah, city raccoons are annoying as hell. As for your problem, just find a way to make its nightly food raids as hellish as possible. They catch on eventually.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Re: A Clinically Insane Raccoon Roams My Streets at Night!

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:40 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Discuss.
Best story ever told on EGF, methinks.

Also: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMk6ABXg28[/url]
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

It's a pretty normal racoon.

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:06 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Raccoon...cat food
You have to get rid of that bowl and anything they've touched, I'm not kidding! Raccoons are a reservoir to an incredible number of diseases, some of them they can just spread by fluids they've left behind .
If you aren't going to throw away that stuff you'd need to douse it in bleach at the least; if not it wouldn't be hard to have something spread to you, your grandmother or your cats. By the way, when he scratched you did he tear skin?

Oh, and I know this sounds horible, but you probably should make good on that talk about removing the racoon. They don't just spread disease, they also kill cats, and they do so pretty regularly, If they're in groups they'll kill dogs too. You definately can't let any of your cats out so long as you have racoons around.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 am

Oh, and I know this sounds horible, but you probably should make good on that talk about removing the racoon. They don't just spread disease, they also kill cats, and they do so pretty regularly, If they're in groups they'll kill dogs too. You definately can't let any of your cats out so long as you have racoons around.

sounds like this was a missed opportunity when they were making the food of the gods movies.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

bananafaerie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bananafaerie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Grab a shotgun, a poker, a vase, anything and attempt to scare the crap out of that bitch. >:o
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah, this is totally a real raccoon, and it is certainly not me in a raccon suit trying to spread terror in your neighborhood.

Seriously though, I would have killed that sucker by now, at least to put it out of its own misery. Kill it man.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Lure it to lower ground, and then DESTROY IT WITH HIGH EXPLOSIVES!

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, two days ago, we got Betty in the house, and he just loves it. He gets along fine with the other cats and everyone's nice to him. We opened the door and he just walked right in. As for the raccoons, my grandma's plan was always just to stop feeding them and wait for them to leave. But, this was undermined somewhat by the fact that my left a big box of stale bread and other crap out for him. Now he'll never leave. Seeing as it can't hurt Betty and winter is coming, I'll just say that this epic battle of man vs. nature has ended in a draw and move on with my life.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”