Fall is upon us: what are you doing? (2010)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:02 am

As soon as some personal papers are done with, only then within the next three months I might be happy to leave my sister's home.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 am

Well lets see, im coping with my depression which has gotten much worse over the course of the summer, and I will be studying criminal law, juvenile law, and corrections, and considering the first one, I might have the rope around my neck a few times.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:Well lets see, im coping with my depression which has gotten much worse over the course of the summer, and I will be studying criminal law, juvenile law, and corrections, and considering the first one, I might have the rope around my neck a few times.

I'm taking Juvenile law as well as America's Courts this semester :)

Unfortunetly, I have been a bit on the downside, too... a friend of mine just died and I'm struggling with it a bit...

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Doggy-kun and SpearofLonginus, hope you two will be ok! :ritsuko_mug:

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:13 pm

Working, trying to get back into art, and web surfing. Things that have become pretty routine for me. (:|
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 pm

I was SUPPOSED TO spend this fall in the army greens, learning how to shoot them pesky russians in case they fancy trying to come over the border for upteenth time but....well, it can't be helped with my bloody (literally) toes :shrug:

Because my main targets are only up next spring I really don't have anything to do inbetween expect chillout and hopefully find work. It looked for awhile that me & Oz would be going to Joensuu (which is in eastern Finland not far from Russia's border) in order to study Japanese but because Oz had to cancel it & it would get really expensive and complicated and I already had other easier options avalaible I chose studying philosophy via open university for one year. Well, I guess it works as an ego boost at least.

Meh.

I still need to find good job though.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:19 pm

View Original PostHalicat wrote:Doggy-kun and SpearofLonginus, hope you two will be ok! :ritsuko_mug:

Thank you. I'm going to the memorial service tomorrow so I hope I find some more closure then. All I know is my chest is in so much pain... and I've realized it doesn't matter how long you knew someone, it's how well, for sure. Luckily I have my writing outlet and that will help me immensely.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm

This Autumn will mostly be dedicated to school, especially with college applications, scholarships and such. It's a little weird to think about, but this is not only my last Fall in high school, it may very well be my last Fall in this part of California (at least for a while), because there's no way I'm staying in this valley any longer than I must. That being the case, I'm also trying to spend as much time with friends as possible, and even taking some new risks to make the memories more worth while.

So yes, this Autumn marks the beginning of my last year before I'm gone and an adult on my own. Scary.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 pm

@Reichu
Err good luck, and it probably would be a good time to mention that I’ve just jumped into a similar situation. As in I just transferred to at a new school, and I’m still getting acclimated to it. Oh and the part about being a biology major(the focus is on microbiology though) is the same too. So if anyone is wondering, I’m going to be fairly very irregular in posting; not that it means I’ll stop outright or have gotten tired with being here, I’ll just be around less while I get my footing.

Oh and I’ve been getting lost around here, the layout is just too confusing! It's not helped by the part about my not having looked it up before hand. -o-;
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 02 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Fall Semester.... The upside to that is I'm taking Development of Motion Pictures I and it is the shiiit. My World Literature class got dissolved into American Lit, which is a disappointment to say the least. I'm glad we have authors like Morrison and Steinbeck, not that puritan-era or Oscar Wilde bullshit. It could have been worse given those circumstances.

Started working full time at Jason's Deli recently, which has me up at 5am and asleep by 10pm. Fun!
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:15 am

I'll appear here for a small snippet.

Fall doesn't see much change in my current lifestyle. I managed to find a full time job back in May, which has eaten up a greater part of my free time since then (especially since it's second shift). Procrastination, that terrible beast has been thoroughly chased and beaten down with the advent of increased responsibility. But it has not been destroyed. :)

I do not see the point of returning to college due to a) having no sense of direction on which career I should pursue b) the current economic depression does not guarantee a job out the door c) the enormous amount of debt that will take years to pay off, that in this current economy is not an entirely wise idea.

I have not moved out, unfortunately. While I now have a job, it less than pays for a standard apartment (rent would cost 75% or more of my net income). I believe the best thing to do is to have several people share an apartment at once, or simply move in with someone else. But it's not entirely bad now. Since I work the second shift, most people are gone from the house when I awaken and asleep when I return home. It is a good start...but not what I entirely desire.

In the meantime, the desire to write my book has been overwhelming these past few months. So, I've started to write it, and started again. The universe has a mind of its own, I know this from the past 9 years that I've worked with it. But so far, it's been good. I plan on pouring much of my knowledge and life experience into it, and the current plan has it being potentially crazier than Evangelion. Simply put, it is about the realities that we create in our minds and how we think of people in them, except that they are made real in physical reality. I can't spoil too much at the moment. What is reality? I have a feeling this book will bring me on a journey as I write it to find the answer. I have already seen some of the cut scenes. Imagination is stretched to the limit.

Other than that, I fear the same old will surface. Trying to love yourself in your physical state. But I would love myself more if I can share these visions with others, that's for sure.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Well, good luck with your book, but I'll tell you one thing: You can write and wrote and write, but often it happens that you reread it (usually when you aren't even finished yet) and it'll seem like crap.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 pm

If all goes well, I'm going into my second graduate study. I hope it will be so.

LeoXiao wrote:Well, good luck with your book, but I'll tell you one thing: You can write and wrote and write, but often it happens that you reread it (usually when you aren't even finished yet) and it'll seem like crap.

That is why it's good to leave the draft for a month or so, and then reread it.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SpearofLonginus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Well, good luck with your book, but I'll tell you one thing: You can write and wrote and write, but often it happens that you reread it (usually when you aren't even finished yet) and it'll seem like crap.

That's what happens to me sometimes, but I usually find one or two things that seem off, take some time to think it over, then go back and fix it.

It's nice to see other writers on this board! :D I am actually hoping to get my final draft for my first novel in my series completed by this December. ;) Here's hoping~

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Health crisis over. Now I'm looking for a job.

Also, watching cheesy Hong Kong movies with those adorable Twins in them.

Also, sitting in on my old professor's Korean class... fo' FREE. Bam, byatch!
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 am

Bored and re-reading this thread for the heck of it. I hope everybody's been having a great Fall so far! Or as great as it can be, depending on your circumstances.

Mine's been so far so good. In some ways I feel as if "It's getting better all the time" to quote a Beatles song.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:19 pm

BUSTING MY ASS IN HIGH SCHOOL AS A SENIOR FUCKING DADFJHBDFsdakgj

No, but seriously, I have a lot of work to do to graduate in a timely manner - my excessive absences from the past two years lost me some valuable credits, most of which I've tested out of to earn back.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Started college this year. I have a 4.0 GPA so far. Not too difficult. I love fall, it's sweatshirt weather. I like to see the leaves change and fall off of the trees. Unfortunately we usually start to get snow by November here.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Stygian
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stygian » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Right now, I have 17 units of general education college to contend with. So far, I have a 4.0 as well.

Also, I've been trying to grow a spine because I am really shy and a shut-in. Other than that, I want to learn how to make Commodore 64 games and read some literature.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 am

I've been thinking about joining the Air Force in a couple of months, so I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to get my fatass into shape.

A word of the wise to anyone thinking about trying a Ketogenic diet; your breath will stink, your head will hurt, and you WILL think that heartburn at 2 am is a heart attack from eating nothing but cholesterol and fat for the last 3 weeks.

Now if you'll excuse me- it's time for my bacon.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”