WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (e)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Nice avatars Xeroko and Mugwump.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

Postby Xeroko » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:17 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Image

AMX-004 Qubeley, bitches.

Such a beautiful curvy mobile suit, love it!
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am

You need to make a list one day of the top twenty manliest members of Evageeks.

Hahahaha this sounds amusing, Twin drive should make this the next episode of the twin drive sigma aquarion show and be sure to list the reasons why you think each member on the list deserves their spot, Xard should be on there somewhere, because he's a manly little girl!
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am

Manly or not, I am the derp.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 am

View Original PostTrajan wrote:You need to make a list one day of the top twenty manliest members of Evageeks.
The moment such a list is compiled, some sickos will start writing slash fictions based on it. In fact, "some sickos" will probably include Mugwump, and it'll probably end up in his EGF story as a major plot thread or a recurring comedic motif.

And I'll probably read it and find myself aroused when he describes illicit liaisons between unquestionable hunks of manliness such as [redacted] and [redacted].

And everyone who isn't already gay for Mugwump will question his or her own sexuality.

...not sure if want

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:The moment such a list is compiled, some sickos will start writing slash fictions based on it. In fact, "some sickos" will probably include Mugwump, and it'll probably end up in his EGF story as a major plot thread or a recurring comedic motif.

And I'll probably read it and find myself aroused when he describes illicit liaisons between unquestionable hunks of manliness such as [redacted] and [redacted].

And everyone who isn't already gay for Mugwump will question his or her own sexuality.

...not sure if want

And what's stopping any of that from happening now? Certain names have already been mentioned.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:47 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:AMX-004 Qubeley, bitches.

TEH QUEBELEY! I love it, pure Nagano sweetness!
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 am

It's too late Merridian. What's done is done.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 am

Look, with an avatar this manly, doing gay things just feels wrong. For the next month or two, while I have this thing up, let's all pretend I'm straight. Unless of course you're talking to me on the IRC or in a PM, where the avatar isn't visible. In those isolated pockets, I'm going to be extra fabulous to make up for my slack on the forums. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to objectify some women, and call them bitches. Maybe I'll even chug a bottle of Jack, and rape a few.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Look, with an avatar this manly, doing gay things just feels wrong.

Actually the "manly" avatar looks quite gay to me.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 am

Probably because Muggy is quite gay.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:23 am

Or the fact that he's a male model doing a photoshoot for a gay publication?

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 am

It's all right, dear friends, I don't blame you. It's obvious that the sheer masculine appeal of my avatar is making you all feel inadequate, and thus you overcompensate with blatant appeals to homophobia. After all, there's absolutely nothing homoerotic about a statuesque alpha-male giving a seductive look, while gearing up in spandex to grapple with other statuesque alpha-males, and getting hot and sweaty while doing so. It takes real confidence in your sexuality to be able to recognize close, rough contact between two males as the display of animalistic dominance that it really is, instead of a grotesque and pandering homo-fest. It's not even just that, either. Why must a sexually provocative heterosexual male be perceived as gay by default? The cringing, revulsion of the beautiful, male form must be brought to an end. The rough angles and hard edges of the male body are far more beautiful than the sagging curves or bloated mammaries of a woman could ever be. I know half this forum must agree with me, because the general consensus is that women would be better if they were all sexually immature and two-dimensional.

. . . And, because in general, people don't understand exaggeration, I might as well mention that most of the above was in jest.

Seriously, though. It's just a hot guy giving a hot look. Unless you think the sport of wrestling is gay--which it isn't--then it's only gay if he's giving it to another guy. Pretend you're a woman, and just roll with it. Men need to be sexually objectified far more often, just for balance. Women are into this kind of shit, too, you know. Ideally, we should be at a point where both sexes in sexually suggestive poses are viewed as entirely heterosexual--unless done with another member of the same sex--because the straights will always far out-number the gays. Hell, not even with the same sex. Does anybody think of girl-on-girl as gay? You might call it lesbian, but it's mostly for straight men. Is Yoai gay? It's mostly for girls. Slash-fics? Also girls.

If you ask me, what we identify as "gay" is simply an aesthetic, and has become somewhat divorced from same-sex desire. When you say "gay" what immediately springs to mind? Two men in love, or a prancing, simpering, effeminate queen who talks in a high pitched shriek? When you hear "lesbian" do you think of two women making love, or a gruff, butch slab of mountain rock in a flannel shirt, with a toolkit? These labels are only kept alive, for better or worse, by self-identification in lieu of an alternative.

For the record, though. I don't necessarily consider myself gay. I am sexually interested in other men, but I don't really buy into the whole gay culture thing, and my camp tendencies are all greatly, greatly exaggerated. If you speak to me in person, you can tell that I'm not obviously homosexual by any stretch of the imagination. Even when I'm pretending to be a drag queen named Camille Teabag, that's an act, and not who I really am. Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with effeminate men, or masculine women, everyone deserves to be who they are. That's just not how I consider myself. I have about as much tolerance for the arbitrary BS associated with queer culture, as I do with straight culture. Nobody should force you to behave in any arbitrary manner, just so you can be like everyone else. I like to think I act this way as often as I do, because it's for a cheap laugh, but part of me thinks I'm compelled to do so, because it's expected of me.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 am

Then you should stop. Don't let the expectations of others dictate your behavior, otherwise you'll just end up becoming a puppet on strings.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 am

Shh! Puppets are easily manipulable and---

...It just doesn't sound right with my derpvatar. Go for what you really want Muggy. You'll be happier.

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Dirty Mick » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:AMX-004 Qubeley, bitches.

Aiming to blow The Evil Baron Kelvin Lord William Thomson's brains out. :salute:

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Look, with an avatar this manly, doing gay things just feels wrong. For the next month or two, while I have this thing up, let's all pretend I'm straight. Unless of course you're talking to me on the IRC or in a PM, where the avatar isn't visible. In those isolated pockets, I'm going to be extra fabulous to make up for my slack on the forums. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to objectify some women, and call them bitches. Maybe I'll even chug a bottle of Jack, and rape a few.
oh fuck. Mugwump's manliness has finally burst volcanically asunder. It is a day of reckoning. Fear and cower, ye wimpy and flaccid EGFers; a writer of the depraved has realized his potential, and soon he will decimate you with his muscles and alcohol. Women will have spontaneous orgasms. Lesser men will realize their inadequacies. And he shall bring all under his dominion of testosterone and ambivalence; the green fields of weeping will be overtaken by the dead lands of badassery; waterfalls of tears shall be shed in the wake of the silent suffering he shall inflict. All shall love him in their despair.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:02 am

Since Arya won't return until spring 2012 (:() I decided to switch to a snapshot from a rather nice-looking shot in episode 19 which I totally forgot existed, since it isn't in Rebuild.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am

^ NME is slowing "rebuilding" our memories, just according to Anno's plan.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I either chose Haman's Qubeley, or I went for this.

Haman's seemed like the better option.

Return to “Old Stickies”