the evageeks appreciation thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

the evageeks appreciation thread

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm

this thread is simple enough, show us some love people! just give a shout-out to your favorite user, or just tell us how much you love the eva geeks fourums. we all need a little appreciation, no? ill give it a start.

i absolutly love this place. aside from a few users, i've had a pretty warm reception here. you guys are great!
and i am particularly fond of Halicat, she has exceptional logic and is a ton of fun to associate with. synapsid has also been a courteous and graceful opponent, we can argue and still like each other, she is cool too.

now that you know what to do, do your thing guys!
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:52 pm

I never knew much of merchandising or the Angel Tower or even the Saturn angels before I came too Evageeks. That said I appreciate this place too. :sly:

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Image Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I never knew much of merchandising or the Angel Tower or even the Saturn angels before I came too Evageeks. That said I appreciate this place too. :sly:

this is a good start. thanks for being the first post.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh, I remember this kind of thread ("your favourite forum members") in old forum that used to be my home lair. It lasted few pages before it got locked. I remember being singled out once, hah. In any case it descended into complete brown nosing or whatever...

meh

Some really general comments:

- I'm tsundere for Jimbo, in case it isn't utterly obvious
- I love discussing philosophy etc. with Allemann
- I absolutely love Merridian's "attitude" or whatever in general :lol:

that's it, signing out

land before atlantis was a nice thread

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Image Xard wrote:Oh, I remember this kind of thread ("your favourite forum members") in old forum that used to be my home lair. It lasted few pages before it got locked. I remember being singled out once, hah. In any case it descended into complete brown nosing or whatever...

meh

Some really general comments:

- I'm tsundere for Jimbo, in case it isn't utterly obvious
- I love discussing philosophy etc. with Allemann
- I absolutely love Merridian's "attitude" or whatever in general :lol:

that's it, signing out

land before atlantis was a nice thread

well Xard, im glad i made something you really like, lets hope this lasts.
and i agree, Allemann is awsome, and has some awesome insights.
Interesting Quote:

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:09 pm

I just love all you wacky characters

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Naturally I would mention Xard, but I know him IRL so I guess that goes without saying, but then there's the trio (Jimbo, Bomby & Ran) in the film threads. They deserve a shout-out in this thread.

EDIT: Almost forgot: my fellow Gaki no Tsukai fan, backseatjesus. :lol:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm

I would have to give a big thank you to Arron/EvaMonkey. He got my group on the Evangelion Panel at Tekkoshocon which was awesome!
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:17 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:EDIT: Almost forgot: my fellow Gaki no Tsukai fan, backseatjesus. :lol:

You too man.

I generally appreciate everyone here, especially the people who usually post in the film section.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 pm

yeah otakon, TEM is pretty awsome.
Interesting Quote:

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 pm

I'd have to say that this board has exposed me to more of the masterpieces of Asian Cinema than any other club/collaborative/forum I've ever been to. And the people here at least have enough literacy in the mediums of film and literature to be pretentious :lol: But in any event, allow me to say that the Film/Video subforum is godly, especially the following peoples:

-Jimbo (My Netflix account is almost always updated a good 10 minutes after he posts a review post.)

-Xard and Merridian (Love you and hate you for getting me into Sora No Woto with your voraciousness in the SnW thread)

-Oz (My lonely blog's one follower :lol: and of course your perspectives on films)

-Bomby, Mugwump, backseatjesus, Freakyfilmfan (Excellent reccomendations for film, literature, etc.)

Yea, so basically all the regulars on Film/Video
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm

The greatest user to ever grace this wretched forum's pages was Zugzwang.

The second greatest was Fadingreminder.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:08 pm

-LiLi and Jimbo were the first few folks that I engaged in moderate WoTs with, and between her kick-ass old school knowledge & success at hooking me on shoujo, LiLi will always hold a special place in my cyberbrain.
-Kutta's & Jimbo's contributions regarding music & philosophy are always fun (BACH FTW)
-schismatics has awesome taste in music
-NemZ's given me some insightful feedback on what little fanfiction I've written, and we almost always see eye-to-eye on matters regarding literary interpretation
-Of course Xard gets a mention because of his "too badass for definite articles" grammar :lol:
Xard wrote:- I absolutely love Merridian's "attitude" or whatever in general :lol:
brofist.jpg
Back atcha

Rest of film subforum goers as well I guess, even though I don't post in it that often anymore. It's fun watching all the arty back & forth talk.

EDIT
I dig Uriel Septim VII's one-liners as well.

@ran1: new episode rocks hard

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I do terribly love this place. I don't know of another forum I've ever been a part of that has had such a diverse range of contributors that I love for sometimes completely different reasons. Geez... I feel like I'm typing up an Oscar acceptance speech...

I guess I should give a special mention to Xard since between our epic WoT PMs on topics that range from NGE to the personal to film, music, aesthetic philosophy, philosophy in general and our epic debates on EvaGeeks and how despite all our disagreements we always remain civil an only occasionally snarky... I guess I can pretty much say he's one of my best online friends EVAR.

Then thanks to the ultimate NGE forum gods: Reichu, Tines, Ornette, SSD, EvaMonkey, ObsessiveMathFreak, Sachi, Arctus, ZapX, drinian, other major discussion contributors like NemZ, NAveryW, & Aura Twilight and others who are around less now but were instrumental in my NGE education including AnonymousEvaFan, Shin-Seiki and even Zuggy. Without you people this amazing odyssey I've been on the past 3 years wouldn't have been possible.

Even though he doesn't post much, I'm always in awe of Kutta who has read my posts across many boards for years. In many ways I feel he's much more intelligent than I and when he does decide to contribute he is ALWAYS insightful and engaging. His interminable willingness to help with anything on my request is ineffably appreciated; I love ya man. To Merridian who is way too cool, logical and has experienced WAY too much media for someone who's 4-5 years younger than myself! I love our discussions on music, anime, NGE, philosophy, and anything else that comes up.

To Brik, because he's the most awesome and sometimes awesomely shitty poster ever on these boards who even when he's saying crap that's stupid as hell makes me: :hitthetable: I love Mugwump similarly for his brilliant sense of humor who is probably the best writer and most originally entertaining poster on the boards these days. His adventures in RandLand has been thoroughly entertaining. Of course, there's also the awesome Miss. O whose presence is sorely missed.

Last but not least, to my homies in the Film Forum: Oz, Bomby, ran1, FreakyFilmFan, etc. who are just about the best people to discuss film with ever. I wouldn't trade any of you for the entirety of IMDb or Film General 2.0.

View Original PostXard wrote:- I'm tsundere for Jimbo, in case it isn't utterly obvious
I had to look "tsundere" up... wait, when were we ever cold/hostile to each other?
Last edited by Eva Yojimbo on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Then thanks to the ultimate NGE forum gods: Reichu, Tines, Ornette, SSD, EvaMonkey, ObsessiveMathFreak, Sachi, Arctus

Wow. So, the truth comes out. You're dead to me, Jimbo. Sachi? Fucking SACHI?! Drinian and I will remember this.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 pm

The greatest user to ever grace this wretched forum's pages was Zugzwang.

I agree, damn I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to fill his shoes as the forum crazy.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Wow. So, the truth comes out. You're dead to me, Jimbo. Sachi? Fucking SACHI?! Drinian and I will remember this.
That's the problem with Oscar speeches; it's nearly impossible not to leave someone out. :( My deepest apologies ZapX.
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:That's the problem with Oscar speeches; it's nearly impossible not to leave someone out. :( My deepest apologies ZapX.

*ahem*

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:*ahem*
:thumbsup: I have a bad short term memory.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 pm

View Original PostJimbo wrote:To Merridian who is way too cool, logical and has experienced WAY too much media for someone who's 4-5 years younger than myself! I love our discussions on music, anime, NGE, philosophy, and anything else that comes up.
:lol: :rofl: I do too. Our discussions really help me keep context for "bigger picture" stuff.
Jimbo wrote:I had to look "tsundere" up... wait, when were we ever cold/hostile to each other?
Last year. It was at Marienbad. I think I was there playin with toothpicks or something...

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”