WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (a)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:05 am

My sig is a quote from one of the best fanfics out there, Seldon Planners Eternites Wars. My Avitar is just from the preset ones for the moment till I get back on my comp and put up one of Kid from Chrono Cross
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby darth_mark » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:26 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:New Avatar: Real Mayer from Ergo Proxy.

:lol:

mine be yuki from suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu, who is teh awesome.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Dr. Strangelove
Adam

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:03 pm

Avatar- His name is Alex, he's from A Clockword Orange. Rather similar to me, as he likes Classical Music, hyperviolence, and the ocasional rape.

Signature: A friend made the picture, I added the quote from the Necronomicon..
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange æons, even death may die

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:08 pm

I've reverted to what I believe was the first avatar I ever made.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 am

Something that was lying around......I felt angry when rechoosing an avie.. 8)
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:48 am

Titus, where did you get that movie thing in your sig??
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Legend of the Past
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:57 am

My sig is from Chrono Cross-I don't care where I am, even on a board dedicated to CC haters, I'll always put this sig up. It's a tradition I can't shake off. A friend made it for me a couple years back.

I hardly think I need to expand on my avy. Another friend made it a while back for me, after I finished watching EoE. I so liked Kaworu's character and if I were to get an NGE avy, it would be his.
New Signature Policy

It all returns to nothing...

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:06 am

ChronoX, short answer, it was in a post from my clan forum about stupid star wars stuff and it just shouted out to me: "self, use this!"
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Hau Ruck
Embryo

Postby Hau Ruck » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Avatar is a pirate flag of Straw Hat Pirates, (One Piece) and for signature I just inserted the first thing came in my mind... a depressed face with sweatdrop. I'll put something better in a sig when I get something done with photoshop.
-_-;

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 pm

My current avatar is the hamster Ebichu (from the "Awa-awa Hour" adaptation of the josei manga "Oruchuban Ebichu"), going batshit crazy in her usual way.

Current signature ("My Mind Has Wandered from the Flock, You See / And the Flock Has Wandered Away From Me") are two lines from the song "Insanity" by Oingo Boingo. I grew up with Boingo's music, and the lyrics of "Insanity" really 'sing' to me. It is, at least in part, talking about hypocrisy and corruption in religion, how a faith's followers can be reduced to a flock mentality, and all of the scorn granted those who don't take part.

Taken out of context, the lines seem appropriate to Reichu in general.

Location: Anthrax Island. If you're familiar with "Silence of the Lambs", you'll know.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:55 am

ChronoX wrote:Titus, where did you get that movie thing in your sig??

I have seen it around a lot.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:17 am

it is an awesome little movie thing

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:33 am

It's from the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon, during the CIS invasion of Coruscant.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:23 am

The thing is virtually 1 MB. Why the heck does it need to be in his sig? >_<
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Because its COOOOL. 8)

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:44 pm

Mine's out of one of the many Eva PC Games. I just love it how Asuka looks like Onizuka in this one =)

No sig yet. I usually go with "Maybe you're the same without me" from Elliott's "Song in the Air", but it's gotten old. Still a very strong line, I think.

badc0de
Adam

Postby badc0de » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Avatar: It's Shuichi Shindô from the Gravitation mangas/animes. I've scanned it from the cover of the twelveth manga and added his Japanese name and the Japanese title to it and got this little piece of perverted "art".
Signature: Ran away Oo

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Titus wrote:Because its COOOOL. 8)

that it is

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:36 pm

darth_mark wrote:mine be yuki from suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu, who is teh awesome.

I don't yet know the customs of these boards. There are, like, NO threads with discussions on different animes and movies in general. Should we create those, or is it ok if I just rape this thread and talk about Haruhi instead? Or do you just not do that here?

Just saw episode 9 (14). Thus far it's the weirdest comedy I've seen yet, counting FLCL. I really have no idea what's in store for me, or when I'm gonna get what the hell it's all really about. I get what I've been told so far, but I get the feeling I'm missing still missing out a lot, and that it might change character completely again soon.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Kaysow wrote:I don't yet know the customs of these boards. There are, like, NO threads with discussions on different animes and movies in general. Should we create those, or is it ok if I just rape this thread and talk about Haruhi instead? Or do you just not do that here?

This is mainly an Eva forum, so not really

Return to “Old Stickies”