ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:44 pm

That's what I get for using Wikipedia instead of Urban Dictionary.

Anyway, enough with my love life or lack thereof. Unless that counts as something I'm "working on."
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Finally decided to start drawing the original DOOM demons... With all of my other projects I probably shouldn't start working on anything like this, but the motivation is there so I've gotta draw at least a few... So far I've completed the Lost Soul and sketched the Pinky Demon.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 am

Trying to mod my Nintendo 64 with pliers, nail clippers, and a melted pen.

Yyyyyyyyep. Last three screws are a bitch, however.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Not only am I working on editing and writing the sequel to the movie I just shot, but I've also begun writing a project that I'm a bit more passionate about that's been in my head for a bit over a year now. It's a high school movie, stylistically more along the lines of Linda Linda Linda and Shunji Iwai's April Story as opposed to your typical American high school comedy. Which isn't to say that America always sucks at high school movies. Alexander Payne's Election is one of my favorite comedies. Anyway, I guess my movie could kind of be considered a "youth romance," but even that is kind of misleading since it's mostly about a girl's last two months in high school and the fleeting emotions that someone would experience around that time. Of all the movie ideas I've had in my entire life, this is the one I'm most confident will turn out to be a good movie, provided I get to make it the way I want to make it.

(yes, I know April Story takes place at college but you know what I'm getting at)
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Selling Eva merchandise I don't want anymore.

I need to have clutter cleared out and some money saved up.

I'm debating on selling some other anime I have laying around like the Magic Knight Rayearth Season 1 boxset and random Sailor Moon S/Supers (Season 3 and 4) DVDs, but I wouldn't want to put them on Ebid and then have nobody bid on them. :ehh:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 pm

My first video review, Liar Liar.

Here's the rough draft of the script for the first ~30 minutes of the movie:

Welcome, dear viewers! My name is the Movie Cynic! Like many other people, I enjoy a good movie. But with so many being released, how does one discern a good movie – one with an engaging and absorbing storyline, memorable characters, humorous moments, eye catching action and emotionally stirring scenes- from half assed, derivative chicken scratch; poorly written, endorsed, popular fan-fiction with a big budget; and in short, just, plain, simple donkey crap!? Well…… That’s what I’m here for, that’s why I’m doing this. To help people differentiate between quality entertainment and help keep them from wasting money on crap!

Aaah………. Jim Carrey…… How many of your films I have grown up with. The Mask, Ace Ventura, When Nature Calls, Batman Forever, Liar Liar, The Grinch………….. And only two or three of them are really even just okay. And yet for some reason, I just can’t make myself not like them or you. You just try so darn hard. Even with your dramatic flops I get the impression you honestly give 100 percent, if not even more so. That’s why this month is devoted entirely to you! This is JIM CARREY MONTH!

You know, you think the idea of a pathological lying lawyer who was forced to tell the truth and nothing but the truth for a whole 24 hour period with a major divorce and custody case coming up on the horizon would make for a good, if not great, premise for a movie, right………… right!? Well…… It would have, if they had gone for a different or better actor. According to several sites I’ve looked at on the net, this was meant to display a softer, warmer, more likeable side of Jim Carrey. Did it work? Ehhhh……. Well, why don’t we just take a look at the movie and decide for ourselves shall we?
Our film starts off with children at school telling their teacher what their parents do for a living. We come to Max, Carrey’s son, telling his teacher his dad is a liar. He must have told his son that Grinch is an excellent work of cinema. After some explanation the teacher tells him he’s a lawyer, not a liar; to which Max simply shrugs. The scene changes over to Jim Carrey’s character, Fletcher Reede, schmoozing with his coworkers after winning a case before being asked by a reporter if he would mind giving an interview. Meanwhile his ex-wife and son are waiting patiently at home for him to arrive. After he sees a car passes and sees it not Fletcher, he finally arrives and starts to play with his son; doing a little bit called the claw [insert a clip from Inspector Gadget] where he pulls him down to the ground tickling him before chasing him. Max then tells his mother, Audrey, that Fletcher is taking him to see a wrestling match tonight, to which she clearly disapproves. I can’t say I blame her; pro wrestling has been crap for a long time now. [Insert a clip of the Rick Stiener VS Chucky promo] Then Audrey’s new boyfriend, not Jim Carrey- okay I can’t recall his name, but most people probably can’t either. He’s not very important, doesn’t have many scenes and isn’t funny or leave an impression on the audience. Fletcher asks Audrey if they are “serious”, while having an asthma attack, to which she informs they have had sex. Meanwhile in Fletcher’s law firm, his CEO Miranda is arguing with another lawyer over an upcoming custody battle, asking him to lie in court; which is illegal to begin with anyways; to which he is firmly against- eventually she realizes she will have to take matters into her own hands [insert clip of Darth Vader force choking someone] and find somebody else who will. I bet you won’t guess who it is…….. [insert a picture of Barack Obama] I’m joking, I’m joking! It’s Fletcher of course. As we see him bold faced lying to his coworkers about things like a secretary’s crazy hairdo, a man’s weight and an intern’s glaringly obvious zit………. [zoomed in shot of character’s nose] JEEBUS! HOW IN THE HECK DOES NOBODY ELSE NOTICE THAT THING? It’s like Rudolph. I’m sure if I had that thing stuck on my nose, someone would point it out and get me to deal with it.
He then chats with his secretary for a while until Miranda shows up, causing him to play Indian giver, snatching the gift he just gave his secretary to give his CEO to kiss her ass. Our hero, ladies and gentleman. Liar, Indian giver, and self-serving jerk. Clearly father of the year material if ever I saw it. He then gets cornered into taking on the custody suit case for Miranda, bringing huge boxes of files to go over into his office, thereby breaking yet another promise he made with his son. You know, maybe he should give up law and go into politics?

Things in brackets are what will be edited in once I'm done filming.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Welcome, dear viewers! My name is the Movie Cynic!

Are you set on that name? Like, you haven't started printing t-shirts yet, right? It's pretty generic. In fact, so is this whole bit, to be perfectly honest. I don't want to come down too hard, because you seem to really have your heart set on this, but I've watched more internet review shows than I'm comfortable admitting, and you're really not doing anything new or interesting with the concept. You're pretty much playing it as by-the-books and as you possibly can, hitting all the safe jokes and not bringing any real insight or intrigue into the review.

If I'm going to be perfectly frank, the jokes aren't even funny; they're all things other people have already worn out and then other people have repeated anyway. Your whole act is built upon a foundation of cliche. Maybe you can finish writing this and then film it. Do it for the experience. I would probably significantly revise the concept and try to find any new angle with which to attack the film. I don't know, experiment. Try different structures, different personas, something. Don't pander. When you try and write what you think people want, you're going to end up with something bland and mediocre. Try to bring something uniquely you to the video; observations that could only come from your personality and experiences.

Plus, you should really try to find interesting material to work with. I've seen Liar, Liar and it's not abominable, it's simply dull in the most paint-by-numbers way imaginable. A lot of those old Jim Carrey movies are painfully unfunny, but they're the kind of unfunny that should just be left alone and forgotten, not the kind you should dredge up out of the grave to remind people of. I mean, I don't think the Nostalgia Critic has been funny since 2009, but recently he's stopped doing shitty direct-to-video kids movie sequels and started working with genuinely weird flicks like The Cell and Jack. Aside from giving you better fodder for jokes, a film that's memorably bad can also get a WTF reaction out of the audience that'll only work in your favor because you're exposing them to bizarre new shit.

Even if you don't want to change anything too radically, please at least try to stand out from the herd. There is a lot of crap out there and you don't need to sink to their level.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 am

No. Nothing is really set in stone. I can try to come up with another gimmick though. Im also hoping to take writing, short story writing, scriptwriting, film and acting classes at my community college sometime. I was also considering Cable, The Truman Show, and either Batman Forever, Number 23 or Eternal Sunshine at some point. Im alsow wanting to do LPs sometime.
The reason Im making safe jokes is that I live at home with my parents and a lot of little kids so I cant really swear or stuff a lot. ^^;; Though I am planning on do Pest at some point.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:No. Nothing is really set in stone. I can try to come up with another gimmick though. Im also hoping to take writing, short story writing, scriptwriting, film and acting classes at my community college sometime. I was also considering Cable, The Truman Show, and either Batman Forever, Number 23 or Eternal Sunshine at some point. Im alsow wanting to do LPs sometime.
The reason Im making safe jokes is that I live at home with my parents and a lot of little kids so I cant really swear or stuff a lot. ^^;; Though I am planning on do Pest at some point.

You should get me to help you with your show. With my awesome genius, your audience will be saying "what is this I don't even..." instead of "this is boring, lets change the channel"
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:04 pm

If you have t spare time, energy and really want to; Id be deeply grateful for any sort of help I can get. :asuka_happy:

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:If you have t spare time, energy and really want to; Id be deeply grateful for any sort of help I can get. :asuka_happy:

Ok, well this sounds like fun so I might as well. Are you planning on making this into something like nostalgia critic and posting it on the internet?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Eventually yes. Im just working on the script now. But will try shooting it once writing is finished. FYI i have zero experience in acting or anything.

Murmur
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Murmur » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Currently undergoing training to become DTP operator. Or whatever the english word for that is.

That aside, I'm writing a touhou fanfiction while trying to figure how I can create routes with a VN engine. Once I know how to make such things, I'll be able to write real VNs. Nevermind the fact that I suck at drawing and that I have no experience in writing Evangelion fanfic, everything's gonna be fine. Either that, or I can recruit underlings to draw and write for me. Actually, having underlings sounds appealing.
Well, nevermind that for now.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 pm

I've been commissioned, yes, absurdly enough, commissioned, to write a Pynchon-esque clusterfuck of a Katawa Shoujo fanfiction.

We'll see how this goes
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Finding some way to tell authorities that a friend got fucked over by a Serbian crook posing as a webhosting service, but it's a long shot.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 am

This summer I have tried to live without regrets and it felt great, therefore I will be a more useful shit than before, give it my best in this last year of high school, live healthier and see if my brain is capable of memorizing tons of crap.

gulp, how do people memorize figures I don't get it
I'm okay at learning facts, but this shit right there is too much

I mean, I will be already 18 and playing vidya and watching animu really is just causing myself more grief than delivering any form of enjoyment, so I might as well :shrug:

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm

I am embarrassed to say I have not touched or done any more work on my review. I've just been either busy, tired, or distracted by other things. I am some what considering maybe scrapping it for an EoE review :shrug: Along with that I also have the desire to at some time do a full out retrospective on the NGE franchise, starting of course with the original 26 episodes of the anime and D&R and EoE. Then possibly going into the various mangas and video games, once I can get enough money for physical copies of the Japanese ones. And then wrapping up with 1.11 and 2.22. Sadly 3.33/Final will not be out until late next year or early 2014 likely :shinji_boohoo:

On an unrelated note, I need to try shop around for more animuz, for different stuff to watch and possibly review. :ritsuko_mug:

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I've been threatening for well over a year now to make a hip hop beat out of this song. Now I'm finally working on it.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Writing a new chapter of Branching Paths, which is a little heavier on the video-game mashup than the previous chapters, and is also about 18k words long now. The final action scene is set to "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back" by My Chemical Romance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EWPCJD1aqA).

Here's hoping psycho-Shinji doesn't come across as too much of a reverse-weeboru, or whatev.
The Weaver - Shinji and a Mad Spider God.
The Foregone Conclusion - Two years into a seemingly endless Angel War.
Wake Up, Ikari! - Wake. The Fuck. UP.
Branching Paths - Specifically 1B, 3B, 6A. Shinji goes crazy and kills a bunch of chinstrap geese.
Beneath, Shinji deals with a ten-year timeskip.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

Normalising a horse to its surroundings and getting it fit again is tough.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”