O-chan's Ode to Evageeks (plus: thankyous + goodbyes)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm

If you leave Eva Geeks, the proper way to do so is to say, "FUCK ALL YOU ASSHOLES, I'M OUT OF HERE!" You should probably go back and edit your post to reflect that.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Thank you for the advice you gave me in that thread; things are working out "exactly as planned."

Farewell.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Re: O-chan's Ode to Evageeks (plus: thankyous + goodbyes)

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:31 am

Oh, that all sounds rather intense, it almost reads cathartically (I hope I’m not abusing that word). I’m sorry to hear about the raw part, I really do sympathize with you, and I’m glad things turned out fine in the end though, I really am (some of us were a bit worried), and I’m really glad that your friend really loves you that much... This doesn’t sound like a bad resolution at all; I really do hope things work for the best with your vacation.

We did love having you around, it really was fun, but I do understand the need to prioritize things (even if I’m bad at doing that myself), although I certainly wouldn’t mind if you dropped by sometime in the future.
And I’m really sorry I came in so late, I’m bad at looking at things and Onee-san’s(I hope it’s okay if say that nickname) thread almost slipped by, I’m glad it didn’t, and I’m glad to know that things are fine. Take care for now ^_^
Xard wrote:O-chaaaaaaaaan
...Do you remember the "baby" talk at all? ;)
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:31 am

You'll be all right, take care :)
Everything is subject to change.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:20 am

Synapsid wrote:
Xard wrote:O-chaaaaaaaaan
...Do you remember the "baby" talk at all? ;)

uhh... :think:

BrikHaus wrote:If you leave Eva Geeks, the proper way to do so is to say, "FUCK ALL YOU ASSHOLES, I'M OUT OF HERE!" You should probably go back and edit your post to reflect that.

:lol:

predictable but still funny

Defectron wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNzVHQWOzc&feature=related

Alaska Slim wrote:, my farewell comes from another radiant gal, though not as much as Ms. O herself. Image

I really think O-chan deserves something far more... happier and positive!

This sums my best wishes far better than some gloomy sad track! Groovin' Magic O, Groovin' Magic! :thumbsup: ^_^

(best wishes also include that you come back, eventually ^_^ )

take care :kaos_bow:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:39 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:I know it is egotistical of me to create a second thread with my name in the title.
No problem -- in your short tenure here, you certainly established yourself as one of the well known and liked members.

Fair voyagings! -- and no more Asuka impersonations, you hear?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Hmph. If you leave forever I'll never speak again.

But I guess if you leave for a limited period of time and I was around when you came back, I suppose I'd speak to you.

Or, on a more serious note, goodbye! I hope you have a wonderful life. ^_^

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:24 pm

I was a little stunned to see "thank yous" for my love advice from way back... I'm glad things worked out for some people. I sort of forgot entirely about my affect on other people, for a while there.

Speaking of favourite threads ever, I'll have to keep Synapsy-kun company in the Shinjiko thread for a bit before I leave.

Everyone wrote:Take care of yourself
^_^

NemZ wrote:Please give PV my sincerest appreciation for not giving up on you no matter how tempting you must have made that option.
Don't fret, Nemzsie, I showed him additional appreciation this morning. I am the most endearing alarm clock.

I wish you only the best, and hope you'll come back some day in a better state of mind to share what you've learned with the rest of us.
I'll be like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi, all grizzled and dressed in black. Except pretty.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:"Congratulations!"
You know, I was expecting more Evangelion references than we'd had so far.

Merridian wrote:And tell PV that he's a total badass for being so committed—that kinda patience is rarely seen outside of old movies.
He's not human. He's like Nausicaa in the movie when she first meets the fox-squirrel (me) and it bites her and she just smiles until it relaxes.

Defectron wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNzVHQWOzc&feature=related
Cute~ I'll try not to crush anything on the way out, hee~

BrikHaus wrote:If you leave Eva Geeks, the proper way to do so is to say, "FUCK ALL YOU ASSHOLES, I'M OUT OF HERE!" You should probably go back and edit your post to reflect that.
Hehe, I knew I did something wrong. If I'm feeling feistier later in the week, maybe I'll post a tongue-in-cheek "translation" in Hyperbolise.

This is my theme song. It makes me want to dance. Imagine me with pink hair. Xard-kun wins the thread. ^^

Mr. Tines wrote:Fair voyagings! -- and no more Asuka impersonations, you hear?
Thank you, Tines-san, and I concur. In a way, Evangelion fans are the only ones who I can explain a mixed-state to... the sort of thing that hit me in the midst of all that... drama. I guess it was the trigger point, but it is more of a hammer-blow than a mood. Asuka's mindfuck sequence... irrkk, that's exactly what it was like, and I have so much sympathy for her. Even more now. I think I'll wait a few months before I rewatch NGE. ^^; But I'll try my best to transcend my Asuka self and my Rei self.

I won't say it is easy, but I'm feeling a bit more hopeful each time I wake up. The human mind is a funny thing, isn't it? I've already laid out my clothes in neat little piles for the cottage.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm

O-sensei, best of luck to you, we didn't chat enough but you were able to give me the push i needed in a certain situation and I thank you very much for it, as well as all the other advice you gave others.

Cherish the time you have with your friend and come back as an even happier person!

sayounara :emogendo:

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Xard wrote: uhh... :think:

Have you really forgotten? The revelation about what about certain human habits that show up before birth really made an impression on you so I thought you would have recalled the discovery. :tongue:

I really think O-chan deserves something far more... happier and positive!
(best wishes also include that you come back, eventually ^_^ )
take care :kaos_bow:
Agreed I don’t see any reason to post mournful stuff, this isn’t a bad end, if you can call it an end at all. We really should treat this as a forum farewell (for now) party not as a wake, not for Godzilla at least. (It’s too bad I don’t have any appropriate video for the occasion). :sweatdrop:
oOoOoOo wrote:I'm glad things worked out for some people.
You know you really did help a lot of us out, I did benefit from some of your advice concerning identity, thanks ^_^

...Speaking of favourite threads ever, I'll have to keep Synapsy-kun company in the Shinjiko thread for a bit before I leave.
Ah, I’m glad you think so but don’t need to, especially if it’s something that would draw you from anything else you’d like to do :sweatdrop: (although then again you never did get to see the drag&makeup scenes, and Anno's troll/yaoi scripts that we found did you?):shinji_blush:

^_^
We really do mean it...
Don't fret, Nemzsie, I showed him additional appreciation this morning. I am the most endearing alarm clock...
Really? Would you mind elaborating on what happened,(with in reason) that is if you don’t mind, and if I'm not asking too much :sweatdrop:

I'll be like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi, all grizzled and dressed in black. Except pretty.
I wouldn’t mind something like that, then you’d really come back as a sort of EGF FAR. ;)

You know, I was expecting more Evangelion references than we'd had so far.
Uh, I know we should have, but I really can’t think of any sort of fitting lines, at least ones that come out appropriately...I’m sure you don’t want Shinji’s whining in this thread. :shinji_blush:

Merridian wrote:He's not human. He's like Nausicaa in the movie when she first meets the fox-squirrel (me) and it bites her and she just smiles until it relaxes.
I'm glad to hear about that, it really sounds like Nausicaa can help with what might not be well, congrats, It's good to know that you've got someone who really is there for you ^_^

Thank you, Tines-san, and I concur. In a way, Evangelion fans are the only ones who I can explain a mixed-state to... the sort of thing that hit me in the midst of all that... drama. I guess it was the trigger point, but it is more of a hammer-blow than a mood. Asuka's mindfuck sequence... irrkk, that's exactly what it was like...
I'm sorry to hear about that, it doesn't sound like something I'd like to go through, I'm glad you're feeling better, and that you had someone better than Kyoko to help. I hope things really do go for the best, I'm sure they will.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Synapsid wrote:alarm clock

'twas an inside joke of a sort perhaps not best suited to the current tone of this conversation. Rest assured he most definately felt appreciated.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Sorry, you have a point I probably shouldn't have let that slip in here. :sweatdrop:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

This. :smirk:

Good luck in whatever you do, O7. See ya.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Hey, oOoOoOo! You're here! I was wondering what had happened. (I had considered PM-ing you, but thought it wouldn't amount to much if you didn't come back to EvaGeeks to read it. D'oh! :pwnd: )

Forgive me for not catching this thread until just now. (Again, D'oh! :pwnd: ) I will watch out for this thread from now on.

But know that I will be praying for you. Hope everything works out for you!

SPOILER: Show
By the way... those "tan rainbow lines" never did work out for me. Despite all of my sister's best attempts, I guess I just don't tan well.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:20 pm

I had a pretty shitty day today. But then I came home and saw this thread so I feel a lot better now!~

The only thing I like more than happy endings are happy beginnings, so best of luck to you in life and love Miss Ophelia!

:asuka_thumbsup:
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Fair well O-Sensei, I am glad to have met you, and will remember you fondly. Even after the thread, the forum, and even the internet has disappeared, our memory of you will remain...
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Teague wrote:Fair well O-Sensei, I am glad to have met you, and will remember you fondly. Even after the thread, the forum, and even the internet has disappeared, our memory of you will remain...

but will she last for five billion years after the sun and moon are gone?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 pm

LeoXiao wrote:
Teague wrote:Fair well O-Sensei, I am glad to have met you, and will remember you fondly. Even after the thread, the forum, and even the internet has disappeared, our memory of you will remain...

but will she last for five billion years after the sun and moon are gone?
When the Earth, the moon, and the sun are all gone, O-Chan's legacy will exist, just so long as one person remains.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:15 am

Eee~ I let out a real live "LOL" reading everyone's Yui-sama shtick, my lovely digital friends. Definitely has made my Sunday! It might get lonely out in space, so I might have to steal some people away to go floating with me.

Don't fret, Synapsy-kun! It is nicer to talk about saucy things than psychobabble, isn't it? I've already taken a browse through the Shinjiko thread and am loving all the naughty pictures. >_>

I think Orphan sums up my mood right now... the idea of beginnings. It is sort of a different kind of anxiety, but like... a nice anxiety, the way you get standing in line for a great concert, jumping up and down, fidgeting, etc.

Every day I still have one terrible moment inside my head, but it is short-lived and everything else is stronger now. That wasn't an eloquent sentence, but I guess the good things are powerful enough to drown out the bad? I guess I'm coming to terms with the idea that I may never get 24/7 freedom from my own issues, but it is fine as long as I have all sorts of nice, lovely things surrounding me.

I'm amused by all the people referring to my boyfriend as my "friend". I guess he sort of transcends both definitions, but I usually don't kiss my platonic friends like that. ^^;

And thanks SSD-san, it means a lot. You take care, too. Everyone in IRC kept on saying we were the same person, so it is in our best interest that we both do well, so that our souls are extra healthy when we merge together in the coming apocalypse, right? ^_~

For those wondering, it looks like I'm leaving this Friday. Still a bit of time left for reminiscing. O-chan's Evageeks career: 2009-2009: a retrospective.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:22 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:Disclaimer/apology:
I know it is egotistical of me to create a second thread with my name in the title. I'm aware that I am often attention-seeking, but with that in mind, this is really more about you than me. It would take too long to individually PM every one, and I can't be sure what each of you thought of me, so I think a thread like this is the best way to communicate with each other. I hope the mods don't mind, so please nobody be silly, because I don't want this to be the cause of any trouble. This will not be an entertaining post, so please don't read this if you think you'll be easily put into a bad mood, but I hope we can make each other smile as the thread grows. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read, but I don't demand it of anyone, and I don't want to be a bother, but I still want to be honest. I hope I find a good balance.
eh, there's a few other threads like these, and since you had a clear presence here for a decent period of time, it's cool, trust me
"MA" and "PV"
wow, that's a sad story, you think you finally find the guy to break the fast with and you have to settle for some other guy, oh well, at least you learned more about yourself and may have found the right man in the end

you know, it may sound totally crazy, but I am almost inclined to advise you to use this bipolar disorder in your favor

I'm no doctor (nor do I play one on TV) and I have no idea how to do this in a remotely ethical or moral manner, but in my mind there are way too many advantages (with some obvious disadvantages) to having such a "disorder", you could become an absolutely fantastic author or artist or polymath with such a state of being

wasn't Van Gogh allegedly bipolar?

anyway, I hate to see you go, and I did get a little concerned when you disappeared without any announcement for a while there

I guess I will see you around then, best of happiness, fortune, and prosperity to you Ophelia in all your conquests and endeavors whether professional or sexual
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”