Holidays

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Holidays

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:50 pm

So folks, where did you end up going on holidays this year? <br><br> Myself, i am txting with my mobile from arse end of county wexford. Quiet down here, but a bit touristy. Sun is hot, about 25 degrees (irish hot!!) but sea is nice and cold. Wifi hotspot in pub in town i think, half hou r walk away. This place is arshole of nowhere though. Apologies for block of text i am using a mobile phone.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Nowhere. Usually I get to go camping, but we had prostate cancer in the family ruin our plans this year.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm posting from Paris ATM, it's a beautiful city.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm going to Japan in a couple of weeks. Ornette was supposed to go, too, so we could Gaijin Smash all the Japanese people, but he wussed out.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 pm

I didn't do much so far this summer except spend a day with my mom (long annoying story on why it was only a day) when she and my aunt visited me for graduation. Other than that, I've just been chilling at home and going to the gym to work out.

That's about it. :|
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Just got back from two weeks in England a few days ago. It was nice to be mostly off the grid, although I did have 'Net access over my mobile if I really wanted it.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Know what I do during the holidays? I go to work every weekday for 8-10 hours. ^_^

Then go to the nearest theme park to forget the horrors of 9 to 5 BS.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 am

Visiting my grandparents in South Carolina in a couple of days. I dunno if I can get internet though, so you guys will get a relaxing week without me. :ting:
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:51 am

Absolutely nothing this year. Was supposed to go to Wisconsin Dells in a couple weeks with family but my wife and I backed out of it.

Water park + 3 Month old ≠ Fun.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:00 am

I *wish* I were on the beach with Dartz's avatar.

Oh, blast it, this is never going to work...
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 am

Hetano (the artist who drew the pictures Dartz, Eric and I are using as avatars) is just that awesome, ain't he? :smirk:

Anyway, I'm actually hoping next summer or the summer after that I could go to Japan (yes I know how insanely humid summer is there, but from what I understand it's similar to how it was back in New York), but I guess I'll see how that works out (knowing somebody who lives there and the fact they said I could stay at their place helps).

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:52 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Hetano (the artist who drew the pictures Dartz, Eric and I are using as avatars) is just that awesome, ain't he? :smirk:
mmm-hmm! :blush:

anyway, the traveling I've done has been to only see relatives this summer, I haven't had a "proper (not excuses to just see relatives that are within a 200-300-mile radius)" holiday/vacation in a long time

I will be going to see a friend of mine at his college this November to see a football game though

and slightly off-topic now, we need to have that meetup (in Vegas?) sometime too (circa 2010 anyone, for a weekend? that year should be out far enough to fit on to some of your iteneraries)!!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:27 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:and slightly off-topic now, we need to have that meetup (in Vegas?) sometime too (circa 2010 anyone, for a weekend? that year should be out far enough to fit on to some of your iteneraries)!!

This is what I've been saying for a long time. So now we've got three on the vegas list, me, Hal, and Ornette. Come on, people, you know you want to go, too.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Spent a few days cycling in Suffolk a month back -- http://stevegilham.blogspot.com/2008/06/cycling-holiday-day-1.html -- and have another short break scheduled at the end of the month.

These days almost everywhere has WiFi, even the B&Bs and pubs with a couple of rooms for the night, so I was not totally cut off from what passes for human company after a day on the road.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:56 pm

I did positively, absolutely nothing of real interest this summer. Spent most of my free time reading and watching film... My life is so boring. :(
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:57 pm

I prefer to spend my holidays at home in bed. Of course, that never happens.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:22 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:and slightly off-topic now, we need to have that meetup (in Vegas?) sometime too (circa 2010 anyone, for a weekend? that year should be out far enough to fit on to some of your iteneraries)!!
This is what I've been saying for a long time. So now we've got three on the vegas list, me, Hal, and Ornette. Come on, people, you know you want to go, too.
man oh man, can you imagine us three? the amount of alcohol and "adult establishments" we'd roll through... :kaos_beer: :kampai: :kaos_cigar: :kaos_akuma: :kittyspin:

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Actually I've been to Vegas twice so far. If it's coordinated the next time I'm there I could possibly meet up with you guys somewhere.

...Or at the very least, a bunch of us should meet up at a con sometime.

Tines: Nice! That certainly sounded like fun.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Actually I've been to Vegas twice so far. If it's coordinated the next time I'm there I could possibly meet up with you guys somewhere.

...Or at the very least, a bunch of us should meet up at a con sometime.
ooh, I forgot about that idea :duhme:

I'll have to check the timing for me on Otakon or maybe FanimeCon next year

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Cons don't work, because nobody is willing to travel very far from home to do it. Besides, anime is for queers. At least with Vegas, you know exactly where to go, what to expect, and you can even go home richer than when you arrived.
Awesomely Shitty

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”