Ign feature

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 25, 2008 5:08 am

I'd forgotten how bitchy any bunch of nerds can be.

Fixed! :leekspin:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

PartyHard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PartyHard » Sun May 25, 2008 6:58 am

but by the way they're criticized, you'd think they just gang raped your mothers.

if we routinely react so strongly to such articles, were going to be labeled a ravid pack of fanboys.

The irony is that the above quotes are actual overreactions, unlike the posts that simply rebutted ign's article.

IGN is full of idiots.

sigh. I too disagree with the article, but that's just butthurt.
* Kederaji is now officially offended by the Red Cross.
<FraX> How much blood did they want today?
<Kederaji> Well, you know that questionnaire they ask you before they poke you with the needle?
<FraX> Yeah.
<Kederaji> Well, the guy took a look at me and started marking all the sex related questions as "No".
<Kederaji> Didn't even bother to ask me, just marked them "No."
<Kederaji> The bastard.
<FraX> Was he right?
<Kederaji> He was, but that's not the point!

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 am

Iron Rooster wrote:You don't really have the right to judge them unless they said something like 2 + 2 = Poo.

I call BS. I have the right to judge whomever I see fit however I see fit. Perks of being American.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sun May 25, 2008 9:00 am

master_lloyd wrote:This whole thread made me lol. I'd forgotten how bitchy eva fans can be.

MOAR!

PICK UP YO PITCHFORKS!!!

"Quote:
but by the way they're criticized, you'd think they just gang raped your mothers.

Quote:
if we routinely react so strongly to such articles, were going to be labeled a ravid pack of fanboys.

The irony is that the above quotes are actual overreactions, unlike the posts that simply rebutted ign's article. "

Your logic is illogical. I say more need not.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 am

As I said disliking Eva is ok. Attacking it with age-old numerous times countered stupid and misinformed arguments is idiotic.

Didn't ment to look like butthurt though as I wasn't. Just annoyed

But still, it is telling about their criticising skills that they said Eva 1.0 was BETTER PACED

What the fuck

PartyHard wrote:
IGN is full of idiots.

You clearly aren't in much contact with IGN then I take. They are run by bunch of sellout idiots. I didn't know they covered anime too

PartyHard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PartyHard » Sun May 25, 2008 11:24 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Your logic is illogical. I say more need not.

I didn't know they covered anime too

Didn't know that till now, either.
* Kederaji is now officially offended by the Red Cross.
<FraX> How much blood did they want today?
<Kederaji> Well, you know that questionnaire they ask you before they poke you with the needle?
<FraX> Yeah.
<Kederaji> Well, the guy took a look at me and started marking all the sex related questions as "No".
<Kederaji> Didn't even bother to ask me, just marked them "No."
<Kederaji> The bastard.
<FraX> Was he right?
<Kederaji> He was, but that's not the point!

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun May 25, 2008 11:31 am

It seems as if Eva fans are an entirely different class of anime fans.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

terminus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby terminus » Sun May 25, 2008 11:47 am

Xard wrote:As I said disliking Eva is ok. Attacking it with age-old numerous times countered stupid and misinformed arguments is idiotic.

Didn't ment to look like butthurt though as I wasn't. Just annoyed

But still, it is telling about their criticising skills that they said Eva 1.0 was BETTER PACED

What the fuck

PartyHard wrote:
IGN is full of idiots.

You clearly aren't in much contact with IGN then I take. They are run by bunch of sellout idiots. I didn't know they covered anime too

I actually like IGN's game review, I always look at: Gametrailers, IGN, 1up, and Metacritic for reviews of games.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:It seems as if Eva fans are an entirely different class of anime fans.

Where have you been for the last decade?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sun May 25, 2008 12:24 pm

terminus wrote:
I actually like IGN's game review, I always look at: Gametrailers, IGN, 1up, and Metacritic for reviews of games.

Yeah, same here. OT, but could someone please explain to me why everyone thinks that IGN is crap?

(Useless info - they didn't have anime section until recently, it's only a couple months old.)
Normality is overrated

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 25, 2008 1:21 pm

I think
Attacking it with age-old numerous times countered stupid and misinformed arguments is idiotic.
has something to do with it.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

I meant in general, not just in this particular instance - unless, of course, you are talking generally?
Normality is overrated

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 25, 2008 2:17 pm

If that is any indication of their normal standard do you really have to ask?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun May 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:If that is any indication of their normal standard do you really have to ask?

QFT

IGN is one of the better game sites out there but that isn't saying much. It's hard to know where to begin with criticising them

Basically most if not all of their workers are incompetent slobs. Level of gaming media compared to that of film or music press is quite low indeed, but internet sites manage to score bottom numbers. They're not as bad as "hi we're prostitutes" Gamespot but not far behind.

Try to become beliavable film critic without ever seeing Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Godfather etc. and let's see how you fare.

Not so much with IGN game reviewers. Their twentysomething jerkheads couldn't care less to know anything about gaming apart from today's ever narrowing and more dumbed down titles.

Heaven bless them if they've even ever heard of titles such as Ultima, Fallout, Starcraft not to mention even older ones such as legenary Elite. Or worst of all, X-Com.

lolololol turnbased combat suckz lol wheres grafixes so ugly lol. Adventure games lol wuts dat wheres combat? They have barely any criticising skills apart from pointing out obvious ones such as "this game haz bugz" and most of them are complete illiterates when it comes to writing.

And as we all know FF7 is pinnacle of game storytelling. :rolleyes:

This was just a scratch on rotten gaming media but to bring up point that rule over all others:

They're complete whores for big gaming companies. They're dependant on money and exclusive material from such names like EA, Bethesda etc. They whore themselves for these companies. Gamespot recently fired off one of their employee for things related to these.

Hell, they gave even one of the biggest pile of shit to come out recently Kane & Lynch übergreat scores which created much controversy. Of course publisher was big name...

Seriously, they're ignorant sellouts. One has to take any of their reviews with grain of salt. They're not completely bad or useless but terrible still. Bloody asslickers

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun May 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Which is why I don't buy games unless I've played them at one of my "I gotta buy this game LOLZ" friend's houses. Hey, what better way to know if something sucks than to test drive it?
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:11 pm

well, most of you have taken the words out of mouth on this

if they want such a "coherent" anime, go find another show, geez!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Why do that when you can just complain about this one? Looking for a new anime actually takes effort.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sun May 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Xard wrote: Heaven bless them if they've even ever heard of titles such as Ultima, Fallout, Starcraft not to mention even older ones such as legenary Elite. Or worst of all, X-Com.

Um....you do know that they all voted X-com as pretty much the best pc-game of all time, right? And both Fallout and Starcraft are very close behind it - http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/772/772285p3.html

All your other arguments have been levied at pretty much every other games-journalism-representing site/magazine in existance, especially since the gamespot controversy. Gametrailers has suffered it, 1up has suffered it, Ign has, of course, suffered it...the list goes on and on.

Maybe this should be moved to unrelated topics?
Normality is overrated

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Moved by request since things are getting off-topic.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Mon May 26, 2008 7:50 pm

[Stuff about Shinji]

No.

Characters don't "have to" do anything. Shinji is what he is. Change him, make him follow the "rules", then you undermine the whole deal.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”