Recent Hauls

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Oookay. This is the last time I'm splurging on anything "unnecessary" in a quite long time. Good thing is that I'm now feeling content with my powerlevel.

SPOILER: Show

I was a bit miffed when I got it and understood I managed to order a softcover version. Live and learn and all that... nice artwork is nice however, so it's not too bad. Should have guessed too, since it was the cheapest price (edit: including shipping) I found.
Last edited by BiQ on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Nice haul :)

Definitely want. :drool:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:14 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Sure it is. It signifies that you can still be happy even if the world is against you and you never fulfill your dreams.

as far as I can tell the point is that you either have the talent or not and you must submit to your "destiny". That's what Ritsu and Mio endings for first two seem to tell. That is it features somewhat lighter, "happier" tone for Azunyan I have to admit.

but happy ending it ain't. As I said before, it's detached. "Moving on" is the most positive characterization of it one could give I guess, but that isn't inherently positive or negative...

It astonishes me that the creator of said doujin series was never able to break out as succesful mangaka to be honest. That doujin series is much better than many "real" manga series I've read and truly powerful. They aren't quite Onani Master Kurosawa but still some of the best doujins I've ever read.

View Original PostBiQ wrote:Oookay. This is the last time I'm splurging on anything "unnecessary" in a quite long time. Good thing is that I'm now feeling content with my powerlevel.

I was a bit miffed when I got it and understood I managed to order a softcover version. Live and learn and all that... nice artwork is nice however, so it's not too bad. Should have guessed too, since it was the cheapest price I found.

I was going to ask "is that Carmine" but then I saw carmine.jpg :lol:

Nice haul! :)

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 pm

View Original PostBiQ wrote:Oookay. This is the last time I'm splurging on anything "unnecessary" in a quite long time. Good thing is that I'm now feeling content with my powerlevel.

I was a bit miffed when I got it and understood I managed to order a softcover version. Live and learn and all that... nice artwork is nice however, so it's not too bad. Should have guessed too, since it was the cheapest price I found.

Ooh, I got that one too, softcover and all. It's very nice :) . How much did it cost you?Mine was 3000 yen (about 30E or so, although yen has gone up a bit since)

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:29 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Ooh, I got that one too, softcover and all. It's very nice :) . How much did it cost you?Mine was 3000 yen (about 30E or so, although yen has gone up a bit since)

I was going to buy it from cdjapan.co.jp for that price, but their shipping fees were a bit much and I didn't want to take the risk of waiting for months. So I ended up ordering it from play-asia.com for USD 52.99, and after shipping ended up paying 47E.

...and the real kicker was that I had a coupon from play-asia which would have given me 5 dollars discount... except that it had expired only 4 days before I ordered this. :rolleyes:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:38 pm

View Original PostBiQ wrote:I was going to buy it from cdjapan.co.jp for that price, but their shipping fees were a bit much and I didn't want to take the risk of waiting for months. So I ended up ordering it from play-asia.com for USD 52.99, and after shipping ended up paying 47E.

...and the real kicker was that I had a coupon from play-asia which would have given me 5 dollars discount... except that it had expired only 4 days before I ordered this. :rolleyes:

You could've got it for 57,50 USD from yesasia which would be approx. 40 euros and since they offer free shipping option, well, you could've saved 7 euros :tongue:

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:28 pm

View Original PostBiQ wrote:I was going to buy it from cdjapan.co.jp for that price, but their shipping fees were a bit much and I didn't want to take the risk of waiting for months. So I ended up ordering it from play-asia.com for USD 52.99, and after shipping ended up paying 47E.

Ouch, too bad.

At least you didn't have to go through the awkwardness of looking for stuff like this in a doujin store filled with roaming, sweaty and slightly aroused otaku

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:At least you didn't have to go through the awkwardness of looking for stuff like this in a doujin store filled with roaming, sweaty and slightly aroused otaku

speaking as if you weren't one of them HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:speaking as if you weren't one of them HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

I..argh....FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU :fistshake: I'll get you for this insolence!

I did my best to NOT look like one of them, stood out like a sore thumb, lol.

Did I mention there was a guy there with an open wound on his arm that was staining his t-shirt, and he just continued flipping through like it was nothing?

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:You could've got it for 57,50 USD from yesasia which would be approx. 40 euros and since they offer free shipping option, well, you could've saved 7 euros :tongue:

Actually, I'm seriously thinking of getting that book pretty soon along with one other illustration book. That was one of the reasons I made that thread on whether cdJapan was a good place or not. Now I have to determine which place might actually be better.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Did I mention there was a guy there with an open wound on his arm that was staining his t-shirt, and he just continued flipping through like it was nothing?

It is great to know how much painkiller effect anime/manga can have on people.

This is put in good use: The blood donation center in Akihabara has a TV screen in front of each donor chair that shows anime while you donate blood.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol 8. All glory to Def's lizard!Mana!

I want that Asuka topper, that was from one of the Young or Shouen Ace volumes...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 am

This may not count as "Recent Haul" but I think this is the best place to share this: Astonishing find when I cleared out my house for moving. I did not even realize I own any Eva figures and then I found FOUR of them !! I could not even recall when or under what circumstances I got hold of those. So to me it counts as "Recent Haul"... I think the figures were released quite a few years ago, at least five perhaps nine? Anyway, don't think they sell them now... It is a pair of Rei and Asuka each in either study time or cleaning time situation, completed with small pieces (broom, desk or locker) to complete the situation. Those were the days before figma so no changeable face or moveable joints -- nostalgic isn't it?

- sorry for the poor quality of my iPhone photos:

- let's do a close-up of each of them:
** Rei study time
** Asuka study time
** Rei cleaning time
** Asuka cleaning time
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:19 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:This may not count as "Recent Haul" but I think this is the best place to share this: Astonishing find when I cleared out my house for moving. I did not even realize I own any Eva figures and then I found FOUR of them !! I could not even recall when or under what circumstances I got hold of those. So to me it counts as "Recent Haul"... I think the figures were released quite a few years ago, at least five perhaps nine? Anyway, don't think they sell them now... It is a pair of Rei and Asuka each in either study time or cleaning time situation, completed with small pieces (broom, desk or locker) to complete the situation. Those were the days before figma so no changeable face or moveable joints -- nostalgic isn't it?

woah :gasp:

I wonder if those have gained monetary value in passing years... :)

though I doubt you intend to sell them...?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 am

As they're still in the box (and even the boxes are quite in near-mint, unopened condition), technically those good attributes raises the resale value of those figurines, but much better when they're auctioned off.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:51 am

They look more like Rei and Asuka handjob time.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 am

My sister randomly gave me some books she didn't want!
Hemingway: For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Farewell to Arms, The Sun Also Rises
F. Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby, This Side of Paradise, The Last Tycoon.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Never fear, FIGUREFAG IS HERE!

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:This may not count as "Recent Haul" but I think this is the best place to share this: Astonishing find when I cleared out my house for moving. I did not even realize I own any Eva figures and then I found FOUR of them !! I could not even recall when or under what circumstances I got hold of those. So to me it counts as "Recent Haul"... I think the figures were released quite a few years ago, at least five perhaps nine? Anyway, don't think they sell them now... It is a pair of Rei and Asuka each in either study time or cleaning time situation, completed with small pieces (broom, desk or locker) to complete the situation. Those were the days before figma so no changeable face or moveable joints -- nostalgic isn't it?

View Original PostXard wrote:I wonder if those have gained monetary value in passing years...

These were released in 2005, I believe. I think they were prize figures at one point but they can still be found relatively cheaply on the second hand market. I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to sell them for any good amount of money. They're pretty nice figures, though, and the school desks make nice prop pieces that go well with Figmas/Revoltechs. I've been meaning to pick these up for some time.

There's a bunch of stuff on Mandarake that I want to order but I've been trying to save up for when I go to MegaCon this Saturday. I just know everything will be sold out by the time I can order it. :shinji_boohoo:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:I..argh....FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU :fistshake: I'll get you for this insolence!

:devil:

I don't understand your actions here. Why wouldn't you look around like a boss and show you don't give a fuck about small things? Now you just looked like neurotic and probably scrawny gaijin who accidentally had stepped into a dark, seedy underworld of the town... :D

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Actually, I'm seriously thinking of getting that book pretty soon along with one other illustration book. That was one of the reasons I made that thread on whether cdJapan was a good place or not. Now I have to determine which place might actually be better.

Well it depends on case...and it's not like yesasia and cdjapan have identical selection of crap to buy.

End of last week (Thu/Friday to be exact) was a breakthrough for me as I finally managed to leave the damn house (to get my stuff from post office). Ahhh, I've never felt more overjoyed by merely bicycling through this hole and looking all the people scurrying around while wondering for what reason all these people live for anyway! Delightful! Excluding visits to doctor/surgeon this was first time in whole year 2011 I was able to leave the house! I'm getting better! :jiggy: :jiggy: To celebrate I bought some alcohol and magazine as it had something about Perfume in it... What's best, unlike during last year's post-army, pre-working period I didn't even develop any clear shutin syndromes! Given that I ran into my ex-teachers and some old classmates this was very good thing ^_^

...of course there's some sort of opening for a joke in that what finally provided the motivation for braving the oh so harsh winter was the arrival of my weeaboo crap... -o-;

So anyway, Doushio: The Album, VF-27 model kit and Excellent Model CORE Ranka Lee Macross Cinderella Ver. all arrived :w00t: :w00t:

By power of destiny InstrumentalityOnline's letter also arrived on the same day! :lol:

Here's IO's fun letter! :D

(I don't think it has any content he would not want me to post so...)
IO's letter :D  SPOILER: Show

[URL=http://img24.imageshack.us/i/img0661ul.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img833.imageshack.us/i/img0665b.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img703.imageshack.us/i/img0666g.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img708.imageshack.us/i/img0664oc.jpg/]Image[/URL]

...I still don't get the SHAFT part and what it has to do with anything :lol:

as for the gift, I loved it! It'll come up soon enough ^_^

Anyway, excluding drinks I got (nothing special, some Leijona and salmari. Beer. Also some Mountain Dew for lulz) I also bought The Official Finnish Weeaboo Magaz- I mean JapanPop despite terrible cover because they had written something about Perfume... and I'm lesbian for all things Perfume ^_^ It also had a poster of Takashi Miike's Yatterman so what the hell, it was worth the 5+ euros I paid for it. :D

Oz, I can give you the poster if you want it. People in it has one too many dimensions for me...
lolperfume and Yatterman for Oz-kunchan :DD  SPOILER: Show

[URL=http://img857.imageshack.us/i/img0685t.jpg/]Image[/URL][URL=http://img291.imageshack.us/i/img0691f.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/img0686am.jpg/]Image[/URL]

And now... the haul!! :w00t:

[URL=http://img703.imageshack.us/i/img0795i.jpg/]Image[/URL]

YEEESSSSSSS :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

[URL=http://img543.imageshack.us/i/img0810a.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Here's the lovely, sparkly and shiny (literally) Cardass Masters card IO sent me! :kawaii:

Unfortunately I haven't collected any sort of cards since primary school when ice hockey players and pokemons were the shizzle so I had hard time figuring out where to put it...

...so I ended up putting it in my wallet (because it's just the right size to go along with my credit etc. cards) which means I now have it always with me hahahahahaha -o-; I just hope I don't get into any serious accident so that people would need to dig out my wallet...that could be a bit awkward experience. :hohum:

[URL=http://img190.imageshack.us/i/img0811kc.jpg/]Image[/URL]

and at last, the final MacrossF album (with pretty princess on cover to boot!) is here... Going by its fantastic performance as it debuted #4 on Oricon Weekly chart (great, though it still isn't the highest debut for series's music) and that it still has perfect 5/5 rating at Amazon.jp after about 50 reviews would seem to imply that Kanno did deliver the OST to rule them all. :gasp: It felt pretty nice to for once to actually contribute to sale figures instead of being the typical pirate scum I am in general :tongue:

Of course I can't listen to it due to rampant spoilers and I also want to be trolled softly by it with relevant film footage...I did notice the second track (BGM?) was titled "the mayan island" which is pure mindfuck. I thought Sayonara no Tsubasa was Macross Frontier film, not Macross Zero. That damn place doesn't even exist anymore in series timeline wtf is Kawamori doing :dizzy:

oh well. I'll know the inherent troll logic sooner or later...

few shitty iPhone pics of inside  SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://img13.imageshack.us/i/img0716dx.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img691.imageshack.us/i/img0717l.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img847.imageshack.us/i/img0718r.jpg/]Image[/URL]

...and I didn't flip that thing a single page further as pictures would've got spoileriffic :|

[URL=http://img191.imageshack.us/i/img0815gb.jpg/]Image[/URL]
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

VF-25S Super Messiah Valkyrie Ozma Type
nomnomnomnomnom :O~

Man I can't wait 'till I get to put this together and paint it, it'll be a piece of Mugi's ca-

[URL=http://img855.imageshack.us/i/img0818i.jpg/]Image[/URL]

:gunmouth: :gunmouth: :gunmouth:

...yeah it's going to take a while.
and now I've officially joined ranks of figfags, oh sweet :shinji_boohoo: :rei_hissyfit:

[URL=http://img18.imageshack.us/i/img0911zq.jpg/]Image[/URL]
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Apparently it's undressable (LOLJAPAN :hohum: ) but given how bitchy it was to change the right hand to \m/ and back I don't even want to try. Outfit would be difficult to put back on. I didn't take too many pics now because the settings of my SRL are completely screwed and iPhone camera quality doesn't satisfy me.

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆ few halfway decent ones  SPOILER: Show

[URL=http://img193.imageshack.us/i/img0821c.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img339.imageshack.us/i/img0885fi.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img132.imageshack.us/i/img0959k.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img13.imageshack.us/i/img0976i.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img18.imageshack.us/i/img0911zq.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img836.imageshack.us/i/img0913n.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img0950v.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/img0910jc.jpg/]Image[/URL]
(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

not that I intend to flood this topic anyway. I also doubt I get around posting to figure thread before other purchases ( :w00t: ) arrive... ^_^

Since Meister Merridian told me "to bask in the presence of idol is a place worthy of Plato" I put her next to this small bust of Plato I bought from Athens last year :lol: :w00t:

[URL=http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0998kh.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Plato: "Bitches & Whores..."

Unfortunately one thing tends to lead to another and arrival of this order "forced" new, hefty purchases upon me aaaaaand

I think that's for another time, this post is too long as it is... :)

in any case last friday was a good day and a good haul..not that the previous one was not good but this time around it wasn't followed by a "manic episode" :sweatdrop:

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Since Meister Merridian told me "to bask in the presence of idol is a place worthy of Plato" I put her next to this small bust of Plato I bought from Athens last year :lol: :w00t:

I don't think anyone outside this forum would have these two persons standing side by side in their room.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”