So long and farewell

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

So long and farewell

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:00 pm

I'm off to Japan!!! For TWO whole weeks! So I won't be on that much if at all. So don't have too much fun w/o me. :wink:
Wait, does anybody know the precise day Rebuild comes out on DVD? I wanna see if I can pick it up before I leave.
I guess I'll have to find out when I get there.
Well, I'll try to have as much fun as possible for you guys and I'm expecting a warm welcome when I return. :tongue:

I'm off! :peace:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Good luck! :thumbsup:

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:26 pm

:woohoo: he's leaving!

Seriously have fun, hopefully i'll get to go there someday. Your topic title made me think you were dying, kinda had me worried for a bit.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Dude, just don't act like loud, obnoxious weeaboo retard (not implying you are one, mind you) in search for animu and comic books. Be polite to people there and as you surely know, don't make any kind of number about being anime fan ;)

Anyway, good luck fella. I'm kinda jealous actually :thumbsup:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm

I'm actually quite shy. I definitely won't be an obnoxious son of a bitch. And my grandma is going to be around most of the time. "Respect your elders" really applies to the Japanese culture, so I won't be acting out either.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:57 pm

When you're on trains, don't be a loud faggot; foreigners are rare there, so they really stick out, so just try not to stand out too much. It makes them uncomfortable. Because they're pretty xenophobic. Though I hear they're generally nice to tourists. Even so I still would like to go someday, so have fun, I guess.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Don't forget to shout "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" at random people as you pass them by. It will be fine, man. They love America.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:37 pm

For good measure, put on a big leather jacket with an american flag on it, dye your hair blonde and put blue irised fake contacts on your eyes (or real ones whatever) to make your eyes blue if they're not already and THEN do as Brik says.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:59 pm

And make sure to smoke and walk at the same time, they love that. Also, smoke in Akihabara, it's not allowed but nobody will stop you if you do. Also, cross the street when the walk signal is red even if there are no cars in sight.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Ornette wrote:And make sure to smoke and walk at the same time, they love that. Also, smoke in Akihabara, it's not allowed but nobody will stop you if you do. Also, cross the street when the walk signal is red even if there are no cars in sight.

Wear a Amercian flag somewhere on your body. The Japanese LOVE that sort of paroitism.

Also bring up WWII, the Japanese are a big fan of debates. And are thankful for all our actions in WWII.

Speaking of debate bring up Iraq. Japan loves the Amercian War on Terror.

Eat while you walk.

Hug people a lot, The Japanese are big fans of signs affection.
I won.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:18 pm

what maninblack and Ornette said :heehee: (NOT)

oh, and say how much you LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Bush Administration too

they LOVE him over there

and also, talk about how awesome stuff like the CIA, atomic bombs, Korea, China, Russia, Abu-Gharib and Gitmo are too [/sarcasm]
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm

End every sentance you utter with "ni Amerika!" and wear an American flag on your head and sunglasses. Especially the "ni Amerika" part. Bandit Keith is all the Japanese have of Americans, and they'll be disappointed if you don't talk like him.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:08 pm

GTFO.

Oh, and if they start acting up about how "American" you are, tell them you'll bomb them.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:37 pm

OH, OH, and don't forget to remind them how grateful they should be to Americans for de-deifying the Emperor for them, so they're free to live individual lives. Also LDP.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:20 am

But seriously, that's cool. Enjoy yourself, and take lots of pictures. And Rebuild's special edition comes out in April, and the regular in May, I think. Not sure exactly.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:24 am

:bigeyes: You guys are fucking with me.
- Sachi

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:48 am

Sachiel_13 wrote::bigeyes: You guys are fucking with me.

And what makes you think that? We watch anime, we know ALL about Japan. ^_^
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:12 am

Have fun Sachi_13, take care. One more thing, you better have internet. :wink:
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:05 am

Good luck, and always remember, especially if you get in a sticky situation, to just ask yourself "What would BrikHaus do". You should be fine... or get captured and tortured with an ancient Japanese water technique... either way, have fun!
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:35 am

Ask them why their role playing games don't have any role playing in them.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”