MaggotMaster's Requiem: Because The Old Topic Title Sucked

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:Everyone deserves a second choice, i say bring him back and if he does shit again spank him or something.

But he didn't do any shit lol

Good for him then! :P
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:But he didn't do any shit lol

No shit? Perhaps not, but he did do every other drug known to man.

Not to mention quite a few unknown ones, I'll wager.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:26 pm

This has come as a big surprise to me. I always thought of MaggotMaster as a small but inseparable part of the EMF community. (think: like a single long thread of the great tapestry of EMF culture)

Obvious Disclaimer: I am not one of the admins and thus not privy to what sort of guidelines, warnings or other communication he had with them.

Aside from the fact that they are both banned, you cannot draw any real comparisons between Executor and Maggot Master.

If I am correct in thinking that he was banned after making this post here then I say that a perma ban is a little unwarranted. I suppose the prime offense was not that it was a "troll" post, but that it references his earlier warnings, which is definite "sass" to the admins. Still, perma-ban is kind of overkill. Sassing of the admins usually is treated with a temp-ban if I recall correctly.

I usually find his posts to be ]humorous and clever. I always found it hilarious that new members, often not understanding or appreciating his posts, would zero in on him as public enemy number one, as if their snide remarks or accusations against him would earn them credit in the wider forum community.

Finally, MaggotMaster didn't bicker like many of the other banned members. Compared to other banned members, MM likely has the lowest postcount per day (1000 in 13 months compared to executor's 1250 in 3 months). This fact alone meant that even people that didn't his posts could easily ignore them. And when he did bother to post seriously in the discussion section, they were well-reasoned posts that contributed to the topic of discussion.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:47 pm

c'mon, he wasnt that bad
people who get offended easily be somone typing something bad need to go to therapy
why would someone get upset by a person they've never met before just because they said a few offensive things on the internet?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

V
Banned

Postby V » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:48 pm

just because you're "used to" someone, does not mean that they are a good person
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:57 pm

V wrote:just because you're "used to" someone, does not mean that they are a good person

So Mag's a "bad person"? lol, wow.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:11 pm

im not saying im "used" to it
he's just not very offensive in my eyes
but of course, people say that i have a high tolerance for assholes
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:08 pm

ITT new topic title that'll hopefully get the admin's attention so we can get a word on this
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:25 pm

I wasn't the one who banned him. Although I was one of the ones that deleted 2 page long threads of spam which were all MM posts that aren't even worth a move to the graveyard. Most of the time I didn't mind him, sometimes the doses are just too heavy and I sigh as I split threads into the graveyard over and over again. As far as I know, the ban is only temporary. It was probably the high doses of MM's dumbassery at the time combined with people getting warnings when they've done much less.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

The cake is a lie The cake is a lie The cake is a lie The ca

Postby TriLink » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:40 pm

The old title of this thread was better.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:46 pm

Ornette wrote:I wasn't the one who banned him. Although I was one of the ones that deleted 2 page long threads of spam which were all MM posts that aren't even worth a move to the graveyard. Most of the time I didn't mind him, sometimes the doses are just too heavy and I sigh as I split threads into the graveyard over and over again. As far as I know, the ban is only temporary. It was probably the high doses of MM's dumbassery at the time combined with people getting warnings when they've done much less.

Well, as long as he's only temp banned. Let's face it, in the words of Richard Pryor, "Crazy Mother ******* was funny."
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Squiggy
Lilith

Postby Squiggy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:28 pm

I thought he was hilarious
Don't like Eva?

What's the matter, too DEEP for you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:23 pm

I gave MaggotMaster a long leash because I thought he was funny. And he did kind of feel like "part of the fabric". He never did anything that much grated on me, except for when he went into /b/tard mode and made with the spamming. I gave him a rough-edged warning for that recently. However, the other admin, who apparently wasn't "in" on what I was doing, went behind my head and banned the guy due to... I believe slothen guessed correctly.

I wasn't entirely pleased. But, if MM can manage himself he'll be back in no time.

No, there is no comparison between MM and Executor.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 pm

Reichu wrote:he went into /b/tard mode

I won.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:17 am

lol, i watched that gif over and over again and i laughed everytime
- Sachi

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:20 am

Best gif ever.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:04 am

...I really wanted to show my Eva themed 'this is a delcious cake' pic...but MM got banned for much less. But settled for this instead.
I won.

V
Banned

Postby V » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 pm

"playing messageboard games" is not "evangelion" and this is an eva site

playing "EVANGELION messageboard games" if of course fine, but "oh look, I posted 12 threads full of pure spam and I'm giggling at it"....is bad

I don't wake up and turn my computer on and go "wow, I feel like going to a random messageboard and reading the internet word game of some random guy"

No, I go to an "eva fansite" for things "related to eva", no matter how vague.

"but I'm having fun!" - then do it on a sports messageboard or something. It has to be somehow, even REMOTELY, related to Eva.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 pm

tl;dr -> This is not 4chan.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:11 pm

I've not been on EGF for as long as many here, but I never really minded MM. To be honest, I don't think he ever posted anything worthwhile that wasn't comedic in nature, but he was very funny and he's kind of like part of the furniture on this forum. I look forward to his return :]
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”