How old are you? Where are you from? What gender are you?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:49 pm

Here you go: http://www.deviantart.com

It's the best most famous site for artist and anime artists. There are a lot of people there that are in a pro level of drawing anime\manga and they all are truely amazing.

If oyu wanna see my art just click my sig ^_^
http://max3000.deviantart.com

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Thanx for the tip about the region codes :wink: , and don't worry about the pc, I have it, I only need to find a copy of Eva's series so I can rip it and enjoy it without the cd/dvd.(Sure it takes up some space, but hey if you have it, fluant it.) 8) The problem is no one I know, xept you TS_01 has it, or I have to download it, or import it! If anyone knows a shop or site that I can get it from in S.A, pleeeeaaaaaase let me know! :cry:
Last edited by Titus on Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:58 pm

Oh no, don't get me wrong. keep posting spam in multiple replies. I couldn't give a fuck. But if i haven't said anything someone else would.

And if you'd keep up your selfish little act you will get yourself banned.
Now get over it and do what you are told, bitch.

Expect no reply from me to you from now on on this subject.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:12 pm

max3000 wrote:Oh no, don't get me wrong. keep posting spam in multiple replies. I couldn't give a fuck. But if i haven't said anything someone else would.

And if you'd keep up your selfish little act you will get yourself banned.
Now get over it and do what you are told, bitch.

I hate to say this Titus , but for only the second time in the history of these forums I agree with him.
Just take it easy on the posting , and dont take this personal.
The is one person you dont want to piss off in these forums , and that is Aaron ( The Eva Monkey).

Titus wrote: (which I did think was funny, but it's when you misunderstood the term numbnutts, that shit started flying! You recon I can't take jokes, ask TS_01 i used to tel him the same thing back in the day! - and about the spamming , it's not like most of what you said here was anything remotely constructive(xept if you define constructive as dissin and cursing if you yourself cant take a jok!)

Ok , could you please inlighten me on this . Send me a email

But Max3000 , there is no need for flaming or such rude behaviour.
I am sorry that I have had say it but is true.

Titus you should also try be a bit nicer. I invited you here to learn more about Eva, and all the members of this board will help you learn more but you have to give them a chance. Trust me :wink:

I think we should just try and get a long.

Anyway,

Just back to ur Dvd problem , you would either have to get Region 2 Dvd's or a multi region Dvd player. So the most likely place to import them from is Europe.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Or get a computer with a dvd player they tend to be region free.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:09 am

DatDude wrote:Or get a computer with a dvd player they tend to be region free.

To do that, you'll need some pretty nice specs to run DVD movies smoothly.

Like: (minimus requirments)
No less than an ATi 9200 or a GF FX5200. (I run with a 9200 Gigabyte)
At least 512 RAM (I run with 768)
And for the CPU - I have an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton and it works like a charm so go with something similliar.

Just a piece of advice XD

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:12 am

NOt really THAT much max.

I have a 64 MB radion graphics card and everything runs OK

I build my comp like 1.5-2 years ago and it cost me like 500. Today you can get somthing thats ( for dvds at least) just as good for 450 on sale at a staples or best by.

My god im going into retail boy mode when im not at work. Some one please shot me i beg you.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:24 am

Hmm..

I noticed that when the camera moves slowly it kinda gets bumpy because of my card.
But thats probably because when i watch movies or anime, i hook up my PC to my 29" TV so those kind of things are more noticable on a TV.

That's why I'm gonna buy a 6600GT XD

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:49 am

DatDude wrote:Or get a computer with a dvd player they tend to be region free.

DVD drives tend to come with a limited number of region changes in firmware (usually 5); and need to be hacked to be region free.

Until I bought a multi-region personal player (I don't have a TV as I object to paying the TV tax for stuff I wouldn't watch), I was stuck with using computer systems.

I've had no problems with free (as in beer as well as in speech) software region-free players based on the DeCSS library. For Windows I've used VLC ([url]http://www.videolan.org/vlc/[/url]); and for Linux - well, all DVD software for that platform requires libdvdcss if you're going to watch anything other than region-0 disks. My own experience in running region-1 disks has been that Ogle+libdvdcss on Linux was more forgiving of slight imperfections than VLC on Windows, running on exactly the same hardware.

max3000 wrote:To do that, you'll need some pretty nice specs to run DVD movies smoothly.

As for hardware specs - I had no problem even on the old 700MHz Win98 system with 128Mb RAM and nothing special in the way of graphics card that was the first system I had with a DVD drive. Of the two machines I currently have, some disks play better on the faster system, some better on the slower.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:31 pm

I guess you notice the difference only when your PC is connected to a TV..

Btw, I have a LG DVD Drive (bulk) and I never had any trouble changing regions. Because it never asked me to to change the region.

The older DVD Drives did that. I guess the newer drives don't do that limited number of region changes thing.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Guys, I don't know why you people bother with regoin codes anyway :? , get a program like project divX, and no it's not the player, rip the stuff and then crack the movie with the utils thats included with the prog, and bingo, a classic Xvid or AVI file that is region code free, like any pirated movie. :D

Anyway, I guess seeing as you guys are running AMD XP's and Bartons, It probably shouldn't have a problem running on my AMD 3600 + 64bit pc(clocked at 2.4Ghz +-) with 2 gig of DDR400 and a Radeon 9800XT 256MB huh? :wink:
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:07 pm

2 Gigs of RAM o.O;

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:42 pm

max3000 wrote:2 Gigs of RAM o.O;

K, i guess i can live with that. After all, there are the less fortunate also reading these threads..... :lol:
Last edited by Titus on Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Dude, seriously, WTF? Are you TRYING to start a flamewar? You know you'll get owned. Owned hard.

ph33r RH members.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:11 pm

max3000 wrote:Dude, seriously, WTF? Are you TRYING to start a flamewar? You know you'll get owned. Owned hard.

ph33r RH members.

I think he has miss interpreted you little smiley.

But 2 gigs of Ram :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , that's crazy but also useful :lol:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:16 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:But 2 gigs of Ram :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , that's crazy but also useful :lol:

Aint Server based Rigs Fun????????? :D :D :D 8)

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:23 am

Ok. Lets Start up a conversation

Here is a question for everyone

"What anime series/es are you watching at the moment?"

Here is my answer

At the moment I am watching

Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic!
Witch Hunter Robin
FLCL ( its only 6 eps , but a whole lot of replay value, because of the pace of it)

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:22 am

GANTZ << awesome anime
FMA << ^_^
FMP? Fumoffu
Initiald D Fourth Stage << TAKUMI!!!!!

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:01 am

Eva
Oh! my goddess
Spawn -(doesn't count, but i thought it's worth jotting down!)
Got cowboy beebop - havn't started watching it yet!

I also have something called Samurai X, I think it's only like 2 episodes.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:28 am

Titus wrote:Eva
Oh! my goddess
Spawn -(doesn't count, but i thought it's worth jotting down!)
Got cowboy beebop - havn't started watching it yet!

I also have something called Samurai X, I think it's only like 2 episodes.

Good to see that you are going to see Cowboy Bebop.

A small tongue twister there :lol:

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”