How old are you? Where are you from? What gender are you?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:00 am

Smart like a coffee mug.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:37 am

sadsadshinji wrote:i've been to australia, and must say that its an amazing country... that and all the really cool animals and sea life...
and GWBush is an idiot, but that might be a somewhat true quote. however, i have never been to texas, and thus know nothing about what its like, but i know that around the center of australia, there are signs that say: "500 km to next gas station"

Australia is an Amazing counrty , although John Howard ( The Prime Minister) is an idot following George Bush . Australia and John Howard are like sheep lead to the slaughter.
Are people just ignorat, I mean John Howard used interest rates to scare the Australian people to vote for him , and it worked.

The government has very little control over the way that interest rates go ( well in the short term anyway, and that's another story). People are just dum , or is just me. I have studied Economics , that's probably why I think people are blind to the government tricks and lies.

To add one more thing On the global scale. We are all fucked, the human race and the rest of the animals on things planet are doomed within the next 200 years or less. Eg Global warniming. By 2050 , the average temperature with be 45 degrees celcius or 113 degrees f, and by the end of this century the temperature will be 55 c or 131 f

So thanks to people like John Howard and G Bush , we will all fry :evil: :evil: :x
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:36 am

Still, Latham looked pretty dodgy. It doesn't matter who gets voted, in my opinion. The one, easiest thing a human can do is complain. That's quotable. We're doomed, so we might as well not do it, and enjoy whatever doesn't suck.
The irony of it is the old leave the troubles they cause for the young to suffer.

Back, slightly, on topic, Australia is amazing as a geographic country. The word 'amazing' is overused. Australia is cool. 8) That's more fitting.

More on topic.
Mr. Tines wrote:I'm male, a Londoner by birth. My birth date is less than 5 months after Fuyutsuki Kouzou's - and the moon had orbited the Earth but once after my birth before it was for the first time joined by a second, much smaller, artificial orbiter.

That would be the Sputnik, right?
sousuke wrote:Name: Sousuke
Born:Barre, Vermont
sex:unknown

We have the record for the youngest of Eva Monkey Forums! :D
Then again, I have poor memory for people.
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

Postby ChronoX » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:07 pm

Yeah, say hello to my little brother, souske. hopefully he won't spam like he does in GS but who knows, maybe DFS will be good friends with him when he comes back.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:41 pm

MAGI wrote:Still, Latham looked pretty dodgy. It doesn't matter who gets voted, in my opinion.

You have just described the state of politics in the world. You never get a good choice, and even if your person does win, it will be contested. Just look at the mess over in the Ukraine (someone needs to tell those people to stop paying attention to what Americans do).

And also hello to the new people. Just remember Asuka rules, and karowu sucks.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:22 pm

MAGI wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:I'm male, a Londoner by birth. My birth date is less than 5 months after Fuyutsuki Kouzou's - and the moon had orbited the Earth but once after my birth before it was for the first time joined by a second, much smaller, artificial orbiter.

That's right.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:49 pm

MAGI wrote:Still, looked pretty dodgy. It doesn't matter who gets voted, in my opinion. The one, easiest thing a human can do is complain. That's quotable. We're doomed, so we might as well not do it, and enjoy whatever doesn't suck.
The irony of it is the old leave the troubles they cause for the young to suffer.

Back, slightly, on topic, Australia is amazing as a geographic country. The word 'amazing' is overused. Australia is cool. 8) That's more fitting.

More on topic.

sousuke wrote:Name: Sousuke
Born:Barre, Vermont
sex:unknown

We have the record for the youngest of Eva Monkey Forums! :D
Then again, I have poor memory for people.

MAGI , if people keep voting in the liberal/nation party . We are screwed , if we keep on having economic grow like we are , then we will have a massive resession. What goes up , must come down.

It would have been better if we had voted in Latham , becasue then we would know when this recession is going to happen.

I wouldn't be suprisesed if we have a deperession in the next 50 years.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:25 am

I was hoping that a change in government meant nothing to our economic growth.
But in the end, I don't give a damn what happens in fifty years when I'm not even sure what will happen next week, and the year after, and during the countless amount time spent alone, sitting on a chair in a room; and at the age when my parents die from cancer, and in the middle of striking lightning that you anticipate anxiously for its strike, and moment when you realise it had struck.
Politics have no room in me, and can not reach into me with the shades of fear that stirs in others; like how a tree-lifting gale cannot crush but a dandelion's seed, who will simply make out that others fall to despair while she sits in the air, which charges at everyone in all directions, meaning nothing to herself. She has no where to go and goes no where. The ones who wish to stay rooted and the ones who wish to travel past are those who will curse the wind, yet have no control on it. They've built no wind-breaks over these plains nor can they survive without the wind, which drives their decaying foul-breath from smogging their towns and bring in the air of faraway mountains, having caught the blessings from the rustling trees and spring's flying insects. Yet they curse the pollen and they curse the mosquitoes and they curse the gales which destroyed their homes. They've cursed at them for denying them passage. The heavens from whence it came and the unfamiliar infinity to whither it will go.
The dandelion's seed cares not. It will not. And little does it want to.

I don't like politics.
ココにいても、いいの?

Tabris
Adam

Postby Tabris » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:23 am

If politics were like the winds and the tides over which we have no power, perhaps it would be far less frustrating; but it's of our own making, and everyone has the potential to influence it somehow; but the person with high hopes and who would set the world to rights is just another tyrant, and the person who grumbles and yet does not act when they could is no better.

I like politics, if only because it is one of the few things that constantly surprises, and yet at the same time never does. :wink:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:15 pm

MAGI wrote:I was hoping that a change in government meant nothing to our economic growth.
But in the end, I don't give a damn what happens in fifty years when I'm not even sure what will happen next week, and the year after, and during the countless amount time spent alone, sitting on a chair in a room; and at the age when my parents die from cancer, and in the middle of striking lightning that you anticipate anxiously for its strike, and moment when you realise it had struck.
Politics have no room in me, and can not reach into me with the shades of fear that stirs in others; like how a tree-lifting gale cannot crush but a dandelion's seed, who will simply make out that others fall to despair while she sits in the air, which charges at everyone in all directions, meaning nothing to herself. She has no where to go and goes no where. The ones who wish to stay rooted and the ones who wish to travel past are those who will curse the wind, yet have no control on it. They've built no wind-breaks over these plains nor can they survive without the wind, which drives their decaying foul-breath from smogging their towns and bring in the air of faraway mountains, having caught the blessings from the rustling trees and spring's flying insects. Yet they curse the pollen and they curse the mosquitoes and they curse the gales which destroyed their homes. They've cursed at them for denying them passage. The heavens from whence it came and the unfamiliar infinity to whither it will go.
The dandelion's seed cares not. It will not. And little does it want to.

I don't like politics.

Well we can not sustain this economic growth for ever , it will misalloacte our resourses.

And Bad news John Howard can not keep his promise about interest rates not rising. with all the economic growth , wages rise and inflation rises as well. So interest rates will have to go up within the next 6 months.

It's going to be interesting how the Australian public takes this raise ibn interest rates. I am hoping that it sparkes a roit against John Howard :D

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby MAGI » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:33 am

Talking about economics, is the money Australia is sending much? And does it affect the economy and in which way?

Wikipedia.org wrote:After committing an initial AUD 10 million (USD 7.7 million) to the relief effort, that was distributed to international aid organisations, the Australian Government announced on December 29th, 2004 that an additional AUD 25 million (USD 18.1 million) would be committed; AUD 10 million to aid organisations, AUD 10 million to Indonesia, and AUD 5 million (USD 3.6 million) to Sri Lanka. ... In addition the Victorian State Government has announced it will give AUD 1.5 million (USD 1.2 million) to help victims of the tsunamis; the New South Wales State Government has donated AUD 2 million (USD 1.6 million) while the Australian public has raised over AUD 1 million (USD 0.77 million) so far.

(On a side note, Japan sends USD 30 million.)
(Come on, Timesplitter 01, you're good at this.)
ココにいても、いいの?

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:15 am

Basically the federal government is 35 million from the Budget Surplus.
The Budget Surplus is a few billion dollars ( Can not remebr the figure of by hand, I think it is between 3 - 7 billion).

Same from the NSW gov , 1.5 million from the budget surplus.

As for the Vic gov , I dont know whether it is in surplus or deficit , but it is comming from the stat budget.

Talking about economics, is the money Australia is sending much? And does it affect the economy and in which way?

To answer your question. For the federal goverment , the money it is giving in aid , it just a drop in the ocean. But for the State governments it is probably a bigger drop in the ocean for them.

For the Balance of Payments (BP) , it too would be a drop in the ocean. Because we are talking billions here.

For Both the BP and the Current Account Deficit ( CAD ) . It would have less than 1% affect on the Australian Economy.

If you ask me , the government should give more aid.

So to be to the point , it will not have an effect on the economy.

On other economic news , the interest rates ( in Australia)will go up within the next 3-4 months , maybe even sooner. Given that we, as an economy, spent about 32 billion in December ( probably all on presents) on credit cards. Now that will have an effect on the economy.

The flip side is that as long as the Australian Dollar is higher than 74 US cents, then the RBA will not put up the interest rates, in fear that that will lead to an increase in the price of the Australian Dollar in US Dollars. This will happen of course becasue people want to invest where the interest rates are high. Hence increasing the demand for Australian Dollars.

And that 32 bilion is going straight to the CAD.

Oh well, there is some basic economics for you.

I dont feel like carring on , becasue I havent being thinking like this for the last 3 months becasue I am on holiday. And it is giving me a headache :lol:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:32 am

Bah, who cares about economics and politics. Everyone knows the deterioration of the Y chromosome will mean the end of the line.

Unless, of course, females figure out how to propagate themselves without man-creatures, a la "Van Dread", and lesbians take over the world.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:56 am

I am mortally baffled and confused.
http://max3000.deviantart.com

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:07 am

Reichu wrote:Bah, who cares about economics and politics. Everyone knows the deterioration of the Y chromosome will mean the end of the line.

Unless, of course, females figure out how to propagate themselves without man-creatures, a la "Van Dread", and lesbians take over the world.

That's all fine and dandy, but then you gals wouldn't have anyone to tease, torment, abuse, and squash under your oppresive thumbs :P

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:17 pm

Hunter21 wrote:
Reichu wrote:Bah, who cares about economics and politics. Everyone knows the deterioration of the Y chromosome will mean the end of the line.

That's all fine and dandy, but then you gals wouldn't have anyone to tease, torment, abuse, and squash under your oppresive thumbs :P

No , they will just start fighting each other :lol:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:32 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:No , they will just start fighting each other :lol:

Maybe, but it just wouldn't be the same or as good. :wink:

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:19 am

I'm 19 - :twisted:

Born on 21st December 1985 somewhere in the Southern tip of Africa

Sex: Not yet, although now that I'm off to university, it's defintly a short term goal.

But seriously, I'm a guy

Locale, - still somewhere in S.A I think, lived in England 4 - 2 years, moved back, missed the traffic and the smog of the city

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:17 pm

Titus wrote:Sex: Not yet, although now that I'm off to university, it's defintly a short term goal.

:shifty: ..It's difficult to find someone on these days who is 19 and hasn't have sex yet!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:39 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Titus wrote:Sex: Not yet, although now that I'm off to university, it's defintly a short term goal.

:shifty: ..It's difficult to find someone on these days who is 19 and hasn't have sex yet!

Said the virgin.

Unless.. O_O;
http://max3000.deviantart.com

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”