Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:58 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote: Also, your narrative voice is hilarious. You sound like a little girl trying desperately to hide how pissed off she is.
I 'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Mugwump. :thumbsup: Did you get that impression from one of the dreams or both of them? And what brought it on the strongest?
-----------

The movie in your dream sounds like a complete bloodbath. I'd sure like to watch it, though not in that particular theater. Having to change seats all the time would suck hard.

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:She pushes in the glass counter and it revolves inside the steel frame. Billy reaches in to take a ring box from a sort of cubical glass gumball machine
This reminded me of the pawn shop from Shattered Memories for some reason. Maybe because of the gumball machine.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:28 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Did you get that impression from one of the dreams or both of them? And what brought it on the strongest?

The second one, mostly. The first one reads quite masculinely because of all the livid, frothy rage. The second one is sort of all over the place. Lines like a "a missile in the face would have been a terrible way to start the day", are hilariously dry in a way reminiscent of 1940's private eyes, while bits like "naturally we're not happy. In fact it's safe to say we're quite pissed" sound sort of like a passive-aggressive housewife. Then when you start to hit on the mutant chick, you sound oddly like a classically reserved frat-boy, if such an absurd thing can ever exist. Your writing has this wonderful pastiche to quality to it that I really like.

child of Lilith wrote:The movie in your dream sounds like a complete bloodbath. I'd sure like to watch it, though not in that particular theater.

You should definitely check out Silent Night, Deadly Night and its sequel, the films this dream were inspired by. The first is an above average slasher with a nice psychological angle, even if it's a bit campy, while the second one is dream-like in how hilariously bad it is. Plus, they're about killer Santas, so they'll really put you in the Christmas spirit.

child of Lilith wrote:This reminded me of the pawn shop from Shattered Memories for some reason. Maybe because of the gumball machine.

It wasn't really a gumball machine, that was just what it reminded me of. It was cubical, made entirely of glass, but it sort of dispensed the ringbox. I'm not sure how you could get something into that thing, as it was entirely a one-way thing. No slots or anything.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 am

>Click on dream thread
>Muggy post

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:00 am

Well, we can't all have good taste.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:06 am

In all seriousness, I'm pretty amazed at your ability to delineate your dreams in this thread. I only ever remember bits and pieces of mine most of the time, if at all. That's impressive.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:In all seriousness, I'm pretty amazed at your ability to delineate your dreams in this thread. I only ever remember bits and pieces of mine most of the time, if at all. That's impressive.

Well, thank you. It was something I had to practice. I kept a dream journal, wrote down whatever fragments I could recall, and after a while I started remembering more and more. Truth is though, there's still tons of holes and things that I forget, but they're not very noticeable, as I kind of gloss over them. Other parts, meanwhile, are so damn long when written because I dwell on describing all these weird things and have to get them out perfectly.

It's cool, though, because dreams are endlessly fascinating and I frequently find stuff I can use in my writing. In fact, I'm thinking of making a single narrative out of a bunch of dream fragments. It will be a trip, should be fun.

/////////

I'm walking off the football field and into the grimy red halls of the locker room; this sort of bloody rust-colored scrap metal held together by steel frames, giving the whole thing the appearance of fraying musculature held together by braces. The air is hot and stagnant with sweat, the floors sticky, and the faint echoes of impassioned howls drift down the corridors to the beat of a leaky pipe. I turn corner after corner until I come to a large steel grate the looks like it would be the entrance to a giant furnace, but I see the guys sitting just beyond, all decked out in full football regalia, sitting huddled around the cinema screen. I unclasp the sticky metal lock and slip into the back row unnoticed despite the heavy squeal of the door.

It's half time of a big game, maybe not the big game, but an important one. The coach swaggers down the aisle--yes, there are aisles, for this is not just an old boiler side class room with a projector, they've managed to squeeze an entire movie theater back here--she is a thick-bodied beastly woman with shortly cropped blond hair with a deep, powerful voice. She calls out that the absent players--myself excluded, for she either did notice I was late, or did not care--are as good as excommunicated. It is far too late in the season to tolerate stragglers.

Someone sitting beside me nudges a golden plate and a scalpel into my lap. When I ask him what it’s for, he tells me that if I was listening to the speech, we have to cut off part of our flesh and offer it to the coach as a gift. A lazy looking blond boy is chewing on the edges of his nails and spitting them onto the plate. I ask him If we could do that, and he says that’s it’s probably okay, I don’t know, and shrugs. The coach walks by with a large silver canister about the size of a trash can, and there’s a leg and several feet of intestines dangling from its edge. I couldn’t possibly cut that much off, but I’m not so lazy and crass as to only chew my fingernails. I set down the scalpel and pull a pair of long pointed scissors from my bag. I press them firmly into my palm until they slide underneath the top layers of my skin. I do this four times until I have a square of skin from my palm. When I peel it away, the skin underneath bleeds slightly from the edges, but there’s still skin covering the muscles of my palm. It’s bright pink and stings from the exposed air, but it’s still there.

There is some kind of fat nerd sitting next to me, and I don’t know why he’s here. He’s clearly not on the team and is contributing nothing to anything. He reaches into bag and starts playing my Game Boy, although I was sure that I lost it, and I’m not even sure if it’s even mine. I remember my Game Boy Color was Kiwi Green, and this one is bright white, and the Pokemon cartridge inside isn’t in my name. I have a plastic rectangular bowl of potato sticks, and I munch on them intermittently while twisting and folding the square of skin into a bowl to hold as many nails as I can chew off my fingers. The potato sticks keep getting in the skin bowl with the nails, and I need to eat them out of it, until grease and salt cover my hands.

I remember walking off the field, away from the eyes of a crowd, and I still hear the screams and trumpets blasting through the thick concrete walls. A game is still going on and we should be out there playing, but the coach is keeping us in here for no reason that I can seem to deduce. She turns on the projection screen and a film starts playing. It’s about a group of adolescent abortions with no redeeming qualities having indiscriminate sex, and I don’t want to stay and sit through it. I leave the bowl of my skin on the seat in the theater and walk slowly out of the room. When I do, I’m not only sitting on the other side of the room, but I seem to be in a completely different theater all together. Grey felt lines the seats and the walls are clean and white, the floors freshly carpeted. When I walked out, I’m in a sprawling, waxed lobby, with wide open arches to let in the sights and smells of the lush trees growing outside.

This is a college and I walk with no clear aim or purpose down its halls until I come to a desk, where a pretty woman of color asks me to show her my. I reached down for my pockets, but I’m wearing shorts and tell the woman I don’t have my wallet, because I was just at the gym, which is not a lie, but an over implication to stop me from having to explain anything to her. She says I can’t go in without an ID and I call her a bitch and a nigger and she drags me into an elevator to see the man in charge. All of a sudden, this is my clever plan to get the sadistic coach fired, by being dragged straight to the top of the heap under false pretensions, because these people are very busy… This is despite having no such plan mere seconds ago.

We walk into a brass elevator and when we get out, the woman is half dog. As in, she has the body of a woman, but the hands and feet of a dog. I ask her if she prefers to have sex with people or dogs, but then I instantly regret it, because it might be seen as insensitive, like asking a transgender person their gender, or asking a homosexual if they’re a top or a bottom. When I look back at the woman, she is entirely dog and the answer is obvious. We follow a white hallway into moss and mucus covered swamp with a desk and a series of desk chairs. The man in charge sits at the head of the desk in a blue suit, looking very official and condescending. The dog woman explains what I did, but he says very fastidiously that he is dismissing all cases for today, and that I should not do it again and certainly not try to pull what I was actually thinking. I blink and he smiles smugly and knowingly at me. I apologize to the dog woman and say that I won’t.

I walk down the swamp until I’m in a nature trail leading back down to the campus. I run into a guy from the team with black hair, a boyish face and angular scars around his eyes. He asks me why I wasn’t at the game yesterday and I said it was because I wasn’t feel so well. He says I should go talk to the coach and I cringe. We walk down the hill, throwing the ball around, and he looks at me with casual disappointment, the scars around the folds of his eyes twisting into themselves. I climb down a ladder in a stone garden and walk across the campus.

It’s almost nightfall when I find the coach and the team packing up to the go to the big game, not a one, but the one. She looks at me with only the most casual knowingness and asks if I’m going. I say of course I am, and ask if she got my skin bowl. She ask where I left it, and I say in the seat I was sitting at. She shakes her head. Then she tells me that just giving skin isn’t enough. Other guys on this team have given so much more and are better off for it. One man pulled out his stomach and rewired his intestines into something functional. Another man carved his pectorals into roasts. Another pulled out all his teeth with pliers. Could I possibly do any of that? …Well, I was thinking I could pull out a few wisdom teeth, but I was afraid. Nobody has a problem with her but me and I need to grow up and start trying harder if I want to be taken seriously. I look down at my hand. It’s already completely healed, and I didn’t even feel a thing cutting into it. I tell her that I will try harder, weakly, under my voice. She says I’d better.

I walk away then, and look around. There are men in grass skirts hula dancing under the orange and violet dawn skies, torches lit up under the great ivory arch where the bus is stationed, and everyone is packing bags and gear into it. I know I’m a disappointment. I don’t know why these man, these real men, put up with me. Even now, I don’t help. I wander and wait, and go into long spells of meaningless and masturbatory introspection that leads nowhere. I know they’ll abandon me. I think they might leave, and run after them, but it’s only a white van with a few guys, not the bus. They must laugh. They always do. When I get on the bus, I don’t make eye contact. I sit in the back, in a seat facing the window, and when I turn to look back, there is one perfect being, my best friend, with eyes that glow with all the warmth of love, and even he sits at the front, because he earned the right and I have not.

Thus the bus drives away and as the epilogue plays, a narrator fills my head with the lie that I never need to change, for great writers are thinkers not doers, and that my solitude is an eternal blessing because only an outside perspective can innovate. He says this as if one can not both do and think.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 am

Well, I was liking this one until close to the end. Maybe the playing field isn't for you, Mugwump. There's more then one way to get ahead, after all.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 pm

I may have been as dreamless as a cubicle slave for the past month, but the wait was totally worth it. I was so moved by the beauty of this dream that I'm going to write the following characters into a novel, which may be my first serious publishing attempt, seeing as the material is essentially second nature to me now.

Enjoy. I know I did.

SPOILER: Show
A boy is walking down the street on a bright, late summer day. He is tall, with a wolf-like face, tan complexion and thick black hair. His walk is a stride hampered only by the occasional half-trips over varicose vein cracks in the sidewalk, giving him an air of both confidence and clumsiness. His white, button-up shirt clings to a narrow, but well-defined and nicely toned chest and a pair of arms to match. The top several buttons have been undone, in a manner that could be either strategic show-offing or simple carelessness. He can’t be any younger than seventeen, and is in fact cutting through a neighbor’s yard for his first day of class as a high school senior. His name is Quentin, or just Q.

Two older men are standing in the gangway and talking. Q slips around them with a smile and a wave, but they ask with a degree of noticeable concern, if he knows the way to the school. He brushes them off with a “yeah, yeah” that’s equal parts polite and dismissive. They must be friends of his fathers, though since this is his first day in a new area going to a new school, the old man must know them from work, seeing as he’s not a particularly social drinker or anything.

When Q comes out of the other side of the yard, he’s on a busy street sloping downward into a torrential highway. From the elevation he’s standing at, looking down at the highways beneath him, with the Chicago skyline sprawled across the horizon on an equal vantage point, this suburb must be on a very high cliff. The traces of urban sprawl still rot this once lush land, for as he walks across the street, stumbling into women with well-developed asses, through either clumsiness or the strategic illusion of clumsiness, the color palette of the world slowly desaturates. The vibrant reds, greens and yellows of the neighbor’s garden have given way to stagnant, muddy browns and grays. He passes grime and mosaics of graffiti on the littered overpasses and beneath concrete bridges. A fat man with a grizzled beard stands on a rusted fire hydrant the color of dry blood, and motions to rows of school desks filled with sitting children arranged in an ellipsis around the central point, lecturing about the value of remembering the past and dwelling on the joys of nostalgia

Q finds himself back to the residential suburb that cannot be more than ten feet away from the ghetto he was just lost in. Since that was not the way to the high school, it must be the one other way. The streets expand outwards in a vast web but corner-to-corner, house to house, he sees them all cul-de-sac into dead-ends. He walks up the only street he cannot see all the way to the end. Every house in this ‘burb looks the same, but nothing like the typical cookie cutter housing you usually see in areas this densely white. All the houses are large, hundreds of years old, with not-so obvious alterations by artisans accruing like mold over the past centuries and fractal centuries; a patio here, a back deck here, a wall moved out here, windows put in here. In short, they all look like my house (‘my house’ obviously referring to the author of this piece, and not to Quentin’s, though his house also looks like mine.). When he passes by a particularly large, puke yellow version with an intolerably bratty little kid on the porch crying inanely after something, while running down the wide, cracking sidewalk, he stops and stares with a tepid, but visible contempt.
Without having realized it, Q walks so close to the high school that all he can see is the west-side wall. A number of fat upperclassmen with unkempt and/or curly hair, their neck flab full of stubble, are running around in lab coats and black cloaks screaming at each other so much that their glasses vibrate and fall off their faces. Q slides around them, but stops when he arrives at the corner of the building, where something carved into the stone masonry catches his eye. It’s a grid with a series of yes or no answers and a check box for each. It’s been written on and erased so many times that there’s a permanent haze of ink sludge partially obscuring the questions.

Q takes out a marker and goes across and down the checklist quickly and efficiently, just for laughs, just to make himself feel a bit at home here. A gang of boys then abruptly cry out “yoo-hoo” with mock effeteness and stroll toward him. The largest one, though not any taller than Q, is noticeably wider and beefier, with his hard muscular body coated over with a layer of rock fat. He asks Q if he is “LGBT”. Q says nothing, but his eyes take in the specimen before him. His chin and forehead are a bit too large and his eyes, nose and mouth a bit too small, giving his face an odd uncanniness to it, like there’s a helmet and chin-cup wrapped around his skull but under the flesh of his face … Would Q fuck him? Yes. Yes, he would. Nice hair, nice skin, nice broad shoulders and a deep voice that grabs you right in the stones, and besides; his face is only fucked-up enough to make him endearing, like you feel sorry for him, and not grotesque.

Really, a lot of his boys aren’t too bad looking either. They’re all pretty built dudes, so maybe they play football. Maybe they’re like, some kind of throwback to bad 80’s movies where the jocks are always assholes. That’d be worth a laugh… Then the big one, Helmethead, we’ll call him, shoves Q and says that the school board has instated them d to beat “LGBT” students mercilessly if they should come across any. The grid, it seems, was an evaluation test of some kind. Q starts to laugh, because when he isn’t speaking and the muscles in his cheeks are still, Helmethead’s face, which already looks too small for his massive head, seems to shrink even further. Though he knows Q isn’t listening, Helmethead continues speaking with a strained calm and says that all fags is sickos anyway, and they all like to be manhandled by bigger men, so he should just get it over with.

He pushes Q down onto the pavement and presses his boot against Q’s sternum. Q smiles and gets a little hard, because he actually does sort of like being manhandled. The other boys circle around the two of them like vultures, and that’s when Q notices there’s a few slags mixed in with the kinky Aryan master race here. One of them, who must have been standing behind Helmethead the entire time, is a big fat guy in blonde pigtails with lipstick smeared across his face, and he certainly doesn’t want a beating from anybody like that. Q makes up some shit about how he’s a really religious kind of guy, and as such needs to monogamous with only one bully. Helmethead scratches his helmet-head and says dat da fags can’t be religimous because those two things are mutually exclusive and he needs to pick one or da other. Q frowns and reluctantly admits that paradoxical coupling is not applicable to him, but he tried. He grabs Helmethead by the collar of his shirt and drags him down to the ground to bash his skull into the pavement. He jumps to his feet and kick’s Helmethead in the teeth with the tip of the waffle sole of his canvas shoe. The rest of the boys stand around and do nothing.

When Q gets up, he straightens out his shirt and wipes away some of the dirt before spying a shorter, blonde boy looking on in terror. Shit man, he can’t be any taller than 5’6”, but that body is tightly packed, with a nice shape tapering smoothly from shoulders to waist. It’s like, the ideal wrestler’s body. Q walks to the boy’s still form, leans over him and asks how he’d like to be his girl. The blond boys forces a smile, which is still cute desperate the inherent desperation and says “Sure, why not?” as beads of sweat trickle down his face. Q wraps his elbow around his own and drags him away as the rest of the boys laugh.

He drags the helpless boy across every jock-ish looking dude he can find, forcing him to spout the most embarrassing sweet-talk he can. When his face is flushed red and his body hung partially limp in Q’s arm, the two passed a bathroom. The blond boy asks Q is he could leave him alone for a sec so that he can pee. “No, I’ll go with you,” Q says with a look and tone that says “Yes, I am freaky and want you to piss in my mouth. We’re doing this.” The blond boy laughs nervously and says “After you.” The boy eyes the door handle the entire time, and the second Q walks in, he slams the door, locks it and runs away in terror.

/////////

The bathroom is small, designed for a single-occupant. There is a dissolve and Q’s sister Candace, or Candy, is locked in a bathroom that looks almost exactly like the previous one, but with a large door where the blank wall beside the toilet should be. She’s a petite black haired Freshman girl with a pale, milky complexion fond of wearing skinny jeans and too much eyeliner. Through the door that was not there before, the bathroom opens up into a cluttered Japanese apartment room with tatami mat floors and shoji screens for walls, behind which Candy sees the silhouettes of passing student. Closets spill open and clothing covers most of the floor. The room is bathed in a dark blue light as if someone was trying to replicate night A girl around the same age as Candy, with a red scarf, is sitting on the bed in the center of the room. She is a bit chubbier and homelier than Candy, and appears to be a lesbian. She tries to be polite and not avoid eye contact with Candy, who is showing a bit of shy, awkward interest in her. Candy wishes she could be like her brother, and hit on both boys and girls with reckless abandon, but she just can’t. There’s something in her that’s missing.

Candy smiles at the girl and goes to fiddle around in the bathroom in a desperate attempt to look busy. The girl watches Candy, and feels as if she is being brushed off, so she tries to maintain her attention by speaking of a certain kind of person, either a scene or a tribe that roams the school, but Candy, being so new, has no idea what they are. She says they wear something over their crotch, a sort of elaborate, binged-out codpiece that verge so far beyond gaudy, she wonders how anyone could find them the least bit stylish. Candy has never seen them, but when the girl on the bed mentions that the owners are usually poor, Candy only says that she doesn’t know anybody poor, and by poor, she means someone homeless or below the poverty line. She speaks very fast and freaks out, because she doesn’t want to come off as rude, or dismissive or anything like that. She knows she’s spoiled and self-entitled, what with being a white girl living in the suburbs, but she doesn’t want to adopt any racist or classist attitudes and genuinely wants to be a good person, and doesn’t want anyone to think otherwise. If she does have bad thoughts, she wants to keep them to herself until they shrink away to nothing. She wants nobody to know that she has them, because she’s ashamed of them. Oh please, oh please, she tells the girl on the bed, please don’t tell anyone that I might have these thoughts.

The girl on the bed says she won’t tell a soul. Candy sighs and hopes to dear God that she means it. She walks around the room a bit, not making eye contact with the girl, although she wants to. She really and sincerely does.

“I have problems making friends easily,” Candy says after awhile.

“Oh,” says the girl, right before the bell rings. “Well, I’ll see you later,” she says and leaves.

The girl walks out into the hall and meets up with a friend of hers and they stroll with no particular hurry to their next class. The girl starts to act tantalizingly, like she knows something her friend doesn’t; something juicy, secret and dirty. What? Oh what, oh what is it? It’s about “the new girl” isn’t it? Oh, what does that mean, now? Is she a skank? Is she stuck-up? Is she, like, a total bitch? The girl smiles, her pumpkin shaped face contorting into a grimace of evil knowingness. Then she laughs, and any spite that might have appeared there deflates with all the falseness of a balloon animal. She laughs and says “Oh no, she’s nice. We’re going to hang out later,” before blushing.

/////////

The girls pass a large bathroom and three boys walk inside with their eyes shifting and their hands hidden in pockets. They huddle around a wall divider and pull out a can of spray paint to tag up the wall. Inside that exact same stall, Q pushes up a large section of tile and crawls out of what appears to be a hallway made up entirely of pipes. He looks up at the graffiti on the divider and sees bits of T.S. Elliot’s “The Wasteland” mixed in with the usual obscenities, crudely drawn genitalia and gang signs. (Well, either Elliot or someone who really hates April happened to strike coincidental gold with that phrasing.) Q gets out of the stall and sees the taggers scrawling a barely recognizable caricature of him with a paraphrasing of the famous words Dr. Oppenheimer quoted from the Bhagavad-Gita at the Trinity explosion—“I have become death, destroyer of worlds”—with “cock” and “faggot” crammed in at several awkward places. When the taggers see him, they run off down the hall and Q chases after them.

(The running is slow, and hardly as frantic as it should be. It’s as if they are floating, but I can only see them from the shoulders up. When they pass a long hallway filled with glass windows, I can see my reflection and now know clearly that I’m holding a camera and filming this entire scene.)

The taggers run through a large open office of predominately-white hue with neatly and evenly spaced desks behind a cleanly colored red counter beneath sterile pipes covering the ceiling. Then they run down a flight of murky stone colored stairs, past a useless security guard at a desk in a soft room of velvet darkness, who tells Q they went that away, out into the dark front lawn of the school. The sun has set, and things are cold; too cold for September. Q runs up to the darkness, then looks around through the faint outline of the evergreen trees. The taggers emerge from the darkness with big-ass modified Nerf guns and fire at Q with darts the size of soup cans. He runs around the building and stuffs himself into a narrow back door (as if he’s never done that before, eh folks?) He slams the brown sheet-metal door and throws his body weight against it, but those crazy taggers are denting the shit out if with their enormous foam darts, and are going to tear it completely apart in a few seconds. Q runs through the wide, empty halls and into a sort of glass pavilion where a Nerf drone gun stands at silent guard. He turns the gun to face the taggers, flips the switch and backs away slowly while laughing as the taggers go running.

/////////

Not long after that, I put the camera down and meet up with Q, Candy and the girl from the bed in a cafeteria that looks the main lobby of a courthouse. I grab a hold of Q and tell him that he’s my favorite bi-guy and he’s quite flattered that our friendship means so much to me. I tell him that I love the time I’ve gotten to spend with him and his sister, but that it saddens me that I’ll never see them again. I meet many characters in dreams who I quickly grow attached to, but then I wake up from and, in most cases, can no longer even remember their names. Worse, as I lie in bed, the morning light washing over me, I can barely remember what made the brief good times so good. I tell him that I like to think that since I remember his name, maybe this time will be different. I can write about him, but my own conscious biases would fill in the gaps that eroded away from my pure unconscious, and the more I come to a fully-realized character the farther away I would move from this idyllic time free from the constraints of the rational creative process. I will forever lose this film of them that I have made, for it was nothing but an imaginary construct in my own brain. It may have been real to me, and only me, for a brief time, but it will fade into a haze no more real than any flight of fancy I could slap together while awake.

Oh well, such is life.

We all sit down to dinner. Candy and the girl from the bed are sitting together, holding hands, and seeing them, I decide to reach out for Q’s. Before we can eat, the taggers come back with some horribly caricatured thugs, all Hispanic. They knock our food off the table and slam great glass liquor bottles down on the table instead. Candy sits in idle terror, while the girl from the bed seems petrified from annoyance. I know I can count on Q to kick their asses… among other things.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 am

Very good, and quite a departure from your usual style of writing. Why the sudden change? Is it because you plan to make this into a novel? Because it really felt like you could add a lot to this.

On my end I really need to get on the ball with my dream write-ups. I waaay behind.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:07 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Very good, and quite a departure from your usual style of writing. Why the sudden change? Is it because you plan to make this into a novel? Because it really felt like you could add a lot to this.

What about it feels different? I suppose it could read differently for a number of reasons. The first is that this is the first dream I've had in... years, I think, where I was a third party following around someone else and not the "main character" of the dream itself. (Well, with the obvious exception of dreams where I'm myself watching a character in a film.) Second of all, because I wrote this piece in Word instead of the EGF text box, I went over it a second time and rewrote for clarity and economy, so the writing is a bit more refined than stuff I usually just throw together on the fly. Then again, it might also be that for the last month I've read nothing but hardboiled detective fiction, so my writing style could be tapered down a bit from my usual overwrought Burroughsian and/or Pynchonesque fever-dream shtick because of that.

The part that's really killing me is that I know there is so much more to this, but I can't remember it all. It's not often that not one, but two characters just pop fully formed, out of my unconscious mind. Then again, even if I did remember every second, I would still need to come up with a family, teachers, classmates, and all the other shit that makes for a cohesive story. I suppose, in retrospect, it is a bit easier to tell why this is a radical departure.

child of Lilith wrote:On my end I really need to get on the ball with my dream write-ups. I waaay behind.

Yes, I'd love to read them. Get on that.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:05 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:What about it feels different? I suppose it could read differently for a number of reasons. The first is that this is the first dream I've had in... years, I think, where I was a third party following around someone else and not the "main character" of the dream itself. (Well, with the obvious exception of dreams where I'm myself watching a character in a film.) Second of all, because I wrote this piece in Word instead of the EGF text box, I went over it a second time and rewrote for clarity and economy, so the writing is a bit more refined than stuff I usually just throw together on the fly. Then again, it might also be that for the last month I've read nothing but hardboiled detective fiction, so my writing style could be tapered down a bit from my usual overwrought Burroughsian and/or Pynchonesque fever-dream shtick because of that.
It's probably a combination of it being in 3rd person and having been written in Word. It also feels like it's closer to you, less detached. Like you were more involved with it instead of having heard about it from someone else and then past on the info.

The part that's really killing me is that I know there is so much more to this, but I can't remember it all. It's not often that not one, but two characters just pop fully formed, out of my unconscious mind. Then again, even if I did remember every second, I would still need to come up with a family, teachers, classmates, and all the other shit that makes for a cohesive story. I suppose, in retrospect, it is a bit easier to tell why this is a radical departure.
It certainly shows. It reads like there's a lot of background information left out.

Yes, I'd love to read them. Get on that.
Something short and not very sweet.

Death and stuff dream  SPOILER: Show
More death and Zombies. Yeah, yeah. I'm kind of beating a dead horse here, but who cares.

Anyway, most everyone is dead again (big surprise :rolleyes:), however what is surprising is that this time both the dead and living KOed each other. They meet on this huge open plain and just have at it until nothing is left but a gaint slag heap a few miles across. Total destruction of all those involved, and I spy all the gory action from the safety of a nearby hill. The perfect front row seat to the end of it all and I don't even have to pay. And thanks to my added alleviation I can see for miles. Only thing that would make it even better would be some snacks and a drink. Can't have it all, I guess.

As soon it becomes clear the free show is over I decide to take a walk to the nearest city to have a look around, thinking might be pretty cool to walk around a completely empty city. Upon my arrival it soon becomes clear I have to put my walking tour of the city on hold, for it seems not everyone has eaten it out on the plain. . . ."God damn it". I make my way to the roof of a nearby building so I can get a look at whoever it is that is still wandering around. Soon enough a man and woman come into view. Both are average looking, with nothing really making them memorable, other then the fact they both still had a pulse in a world where such a thing had so recently fallen out of fashion. As annoying as this turn of events is I decided to make the best of it and follow them to see what they are up to.

It's a short time later and I've never regretted a decision as badly as I regret following these two. These people suck. The woman's got nothing to say and the guy won't STFU about his glasses. He keeps going on and on about how be can't get new ones and how scared he is about possibly breaking his current pair. Dear god. Much more of this and I'm going to start wishing I'd been out on the plain with everyone else. As much for their safety as my own, I slink off. Making damn sure they don't see me, cause there's no way in hell I'm making friends with those two. I go a few blocks before deciding to stop and decide what to do next. Staying here is totally out, not with those two stumbling around. Hell, maybe staying on the same continent is to much of a risk. With my mind made up I head for the docks. Perhaps there I'll find a boat I can use to reach safer shores. Or at least less annoying ones.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:01 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:It also feels like it's closer to you, less detached. Like you were more involved with it instead of having heard about it from someone else and then past on the info.

What's what I do when I'm in a character's head. If I don't speak with their own mannerisms and nuances, then it's not very lively. Fortunately, in a dream, you have a lot of weird, vaguely-knowing thoughts, and in this case, a lot of these happened to be delivered in a breezy vernacular, so that's how I wrote Q's reactions. It's not exact, obviously, but it captures the essence and mood about as well as you can hope. When I am in a dream, things do tend to feel very detached. The fact that this guy was so lively is probably why I became so enthralled with him.

Though I am a bit curious as to what--if anything--feels like it was obviously missing.

Death and stuff dream wrote:More death and Zombies. Yeah, yeah. I'm kind of beating a dead horse here, but who cares.

Oh man, I love how bitchy, knowing and passive-aggressive you are in this dream. I mean, what do I say? The human race has been ravaged by zombies, is all dead, and the only two survivors are annoying. That can be a sitcom, in fact, it SHOULD be a sitcom. Write a pilot, get two friends, film it and send it around to networks. You'll make millions. It's short, but its about as sweet as five pixie sticks poured into a pint of lemonade. It's also a bit sour.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:51 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Though I am a bit curious as to what--if anything--feels like it was obviously missing.
It felt abridged. Like there was a lot more going on a the school, but you cherry pick some of the best parts to write about. I think that was mostly because of the secondary characters. They already new Q and his sister, so I got the impression there was a lot of backstory left out. Which is actually a good thing. It's helps hook the readers interests if they feel there's more to discover.
---------

As always I'm glad you liked my dream, Mugwump. And provided my motivation holds out, they'll be more to come.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:As always I'm glad you liked my dream, Mugwump. And provided my motivation holds out, they'll be more to come.

Excellent. I can't wait.

One more thing. I had a friend and my brother read this dream, and there were varying interpretations of the Quentin character, so I want to ask around and see if I was being too subtle for my own good. I explained things exactly as they happened in the dream, and thought their implications were obvious, but they might not be. Do you think Q is aggressive--sexually or otherwise--or do you think he's submissive and only pretends to be aggressive in public? Do you think he is dense? Do you think he was predominately in control during the struggle with the bully?

Thanks.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Do you think Q is aggressive--sexually or otherwise--or do you think he's submissive and only pretends to be aggressive in public?
I think he's definitely aggressive, and that goes for more then just sex.

Do you think he is dense?
He didn't seem dense. Some what arrogant and cocky, but not dense. He certainly seemed to know what the bullies were about before they even did anything.

Do you think he was predominately in control during the struggle with the bully?
Definitely. The bully never seemed to stand a chance even from the start. In fact he seemed pretty much invincible during most of the dream.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:03 am

Thank you. I really had no idea how my friend was seeing the things he was seeing, but his constant smashing of the "What's clear to you isn't clear the reader" button made me seek third-party assistance, especially now that I'm making an effort to be less explicit and work more in the realm of subtext and implication.

Basically, the argument started because my friend said that Quentin was exactly like all of my other characters ("He just wants some anal breeching") but I protested on two reasons: one, because he was sexually aggressive, and two, because he displayed no shame of any sort in his sexuality. We then argued for about two hours, and even my brother, who I usually never say anything explicitly homoerotic around (he still doesn't know of my doomed and one-sided infatuation with another man) read the damn thing and started offering different viewpoints.

My friend said Quentin was not aggressive and not in control, because he let the bully push him down and step on him. He also said that he was not explicitly sexually aggressive because the fact that his aggression had a sexual motive is never made clear to the character(s) he was acting aggressive towards. Apparently, if Q had said "You're going to be my bitch" instead of "Do you want to be my girl?" in a condescending, knowing way, he would have taken it as aggression. (Apparently, calling someone "girl" can come across as endearing, even if you've just beaten their friend, and the advances are knowingly unwanted.) Then there was a bunch of shit about how a look can't really signify to someone that you're going to piss in their mouth. Granted, this can be blamed on dream logic, where I, the dreamer, instinctively knew what the look meant. When I write this as a proper piece of prose fiction, there will be more signifiers than that.

Then, he tells me that Quentin is submissive, which is true to a degree; he's versatile and enjoys both dominance and submission. In any case, neither he nor my brother got the feeling that the abduction of the blond boy and his public humiliation at Quentin's hand was meant to be in any way a form of sexual dominance. They did see something interesting, which I never intended, but really liked, and that was that Quentin was sending a message to any potential bullies that he wasn't to be fucked with. I really just thought he was humiliating the kid before his kind to get his rocks off, but that makes it even better.

Anyway, the density comment was mostly about how Quentin knowingly walked first into the bathroom and got locked in. That was actually my own reading of the scene and I don't remember what the other two thought.

You saw it, Esselfortium saw it; now I just have to see what Jimbo and Lizzy think, but two people is enough to prove that I did make things clear to the reader. I suppose I took this a bit personally because I've never actually written a character who was genuinely confident and didn't just put on a facade to hide years of systematic abuse of some kind. (Ironically enough, he thought Quentin was the only example of the latter.) I did think my friend simply wasn't paying close attention, if not for the above reasons, then for obvious stuff like overlooking the fact that the aforementioned bathroom Quentin got locked in was only big enough for one person, among other things. Fittingly, the piece of mine that my friend liked the most was a story where all the characters sit around and explicitly detail their feelings for about fifty pages. (Even then, he thought a character already having keys to a hotel room was a "cop-out" despite the obvious implication that the character rented the room earlier, then forgot about it after getting wasted and starting at the in-media-res epistolary opening.)

Xacebans
Lilith

Postby Xacebans » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm

I envy all of you who have such vivid dreams that you can remember in the morning. Only very rarely can I remember a dream past that vague feeling of irritation at a nightmare or feeling of spoiled happiness as my mother wakes me up unpleasantly for another day of high school. You're all so lucky!
TehDonutKing: Break out the booze, sixth-graders, and funny hats, for Xacebans became a true EvaGeek, for checking out Eva-01.
Aiko Heiwa: @Xacebans - Oh baby.
AngelNo13Bardiel: ...good news, Reichu! I think we finally found your long-lost sibling!

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 am

My fountain pen died last night. I was like "ah well, tomorrow I'll do something about that", but then in the night I had a dream where I wrote an entire book with that fountain pen and everybody loved it so much they made me king pimp of Dunmore Head, which is where I was. I had a big throne and everything. Then I woke up and a few minutes ago tried to write myself a note with the pen.

kimochi warui.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Rather than individual dreams, which are usually incoherent, what I tend to remember are feelings of deja vu -- I've been here in dreams before -- and build up a collection of recurrent places. It's been decades now since I last went to the School, which faded into the Park, which sloped down to where the Town started, rising up on the far side of the valley. Concrete City and the Stairway to the Stars are more recent, but seem to be losing popularity.

The prompt for this post is a new and different pattern that I twigged to -- in erotic dream, almost exclusively now, the other is the girl who claimed me as a notch on her bedpost. I'm sure if you were to read this, Celia, that it would amuse you.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 am

I usually don't remember my dreams anymore, but lately I've managed to have a few very odd, yet very interesting ones. At the moment I can only remember images of scenes, and sadly not enough to really describe them. I'm thinking if they continue I'll try to write about them while they're still fresh in my memory, and I'll share with you guys.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”