This is a weeping thread.

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:14 pm

This seems so very stupid. Why would you talk about snivelling? For attention?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Why would you talk about snivelling?

Haven't you heard the news? - it's OK to let your feelings show.

Weeping can be quite cathartic; and spans the whole gamut from the sudden tear that just leaks down the cheek, to the full throated convulsive bout of sobbing. Not just whiny little kid grizzling.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

directedition
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby directedition » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Um, it can be very helpful, but it's nice to have a context. Moaning for the sake of moaning is, itself, useless. If there is something worth weeping about, it should be its own thread, and not something tangled in with the saddened insecurities of a dozen other people.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:59 pm

Oh, i'm not mocking expressing one's feelings. I am, like directedition said, mocking snivelling for the sake of snivelling.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:18 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Oh, i'm not mocking expressing one's feelings. I am, like directedition said, mocking snivelling for the sake of snivelling.

But its a wise idea not to utter a single word if you're not sure if that guy is just whining or really had a bad day. Or rather you shouldn't disturb, just in case. You don't have to read our posts, you don't have to visit this thread either. Nobody asked you to do so.
I for one hate when someone is disturbing a thread for the lowly thrill of causing chaos and making people mad. Forums are made for people to have a chat. For intensive anger-management, buy a bag of flour and beat the living shit out of it.
Have fun.
-_-
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

directedition
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby directedition » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Faußtin wrote:I for one hate when someone is disturbing a thread for the lowly thrill of causing chaos and making people mad. Forums are made for people to have a chat. For intensive anger-management, buy a bag of flour and beat the living shit out of it.
Have fun.
-_-

There's a difference between trolling and raising questions about how a forum should operate the implied, but not established, rules that govern it. I think the points raised are legitimate and frustrating that you dismiss it as just trolling. I harbor no ill-will against anyone who posts here, only a different opinion about the way things are.

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Alright....

I find the music during Asukas fight scene in EOE pretty sad....can anybody tell me the name of it?

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:53 am

Dascoo wrote:Alright....

I find the music during Asukas fight scene in EOE pretty sad....can anybody tell me the name of it?

Air on the G String, an adaptation of Johann Sebastian Bach's Air.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:03 am

AuthenticM wrote:
Dascoo wrote:Alright....

Air on the G String, an adaptation of Johann Sebastian Bach's Air.

Actually, I think it IS Air (BMV 1068) or some arrangement thereof, which is written for a string orchestra. The Wilhelmj version is an arrangement for solo violin, transposed it from D to C (EoE version is in Dmajor), and is named thusly because it can be played entirely on the G string of the violin.

Ripple_in_Eternity
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ripple_in_Eternity » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:11 am

[deleted by user]
Last edited by Ripple_in_Eternity on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm

The last time I cried was a few months ago when my cat died. I had been out taking my dog for a walk while I was visiting my parents and when I came in, my mom was holding my cat which was far along in the throes of death. My uncle had recently died, who was HUMAN no less, and I barely shed a tear. (I was really sad though.) But when I felt the life slip out of the cat that had kept me company since I was a kid, I just lost it.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Dascoo
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dascoo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:14 pm

I don't cry when someone dies, but I'll probably be epically depressed when my dog dies in aorund 6 years :(

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:17 am

brainDamage wrote:My uncle had recently died, who was HUMAN no less, and I barely shed a tear. (I was really sad though.) But when I felt the life slip out of the cat that had kept me company since I was a kid, I just lost it.

Same thing happens to me a lot. I've wept for dogs, a cat, guinea pigs, and a cockatiel, but the tears didn't come during various human deaths in the family. (But, strangely, not for a second cat. I found that rather odd, since I was rather fond of the "little shit-head" and he just croaked out of absolutely nowhere.)

I got a little teary-eyed the other day while I was watching a good episode of "Deep Space Nine". (Mmm.)

I usually just cry due to self-centered emotional stress. Natural cathartic reaction, and all. LET NO LACRIMAL GLAND BE IGNORED!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:43 am

My Grandmother died last year. To tell the truth, I didn't give a damn since we weren't close. But when I saw my mom crying at the funerals, I just broke out.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:51 pm

Reichu wrote:
brainDamage wrote:My uncle had recently died, who was HUMAN no less, and I barely shed a tear. (I was really sad though.) But when I felt the life slip out of the cat that had kept me company since I was a kid, I just lost it.

Same thing happens to me a lot. I've wept for dogs, a cat, guinea pigs, and a cockatiel, but the tears didn't come during various human deaths in the family. (But, strangely, not for a second cat. I found that rather odd, since I was rather fond of the "little shit-head" and he just croaked out of absolutely nowhere.)

I got a little teary-eyed the other day while I was watching a good episode of "Deep Space Nine". (Mmm.)

I usually just cry due to self-centered emotional stress. Natural cathartic reaction, and all. LET NO LACRIMAL GLAND BE IGNORED!

I guess its really not bad to be unable to cry when people die. The pain is so much deeper that I think it overqualifies for simply crying. Obviously some people cry much easier for certain things than others.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:45 am

I cried profusely yesterday at my therapy session. I probably cry more at those things than anytime, anywhere else. "Oh shit, the lacrimal glands kicked in. That's probably a sign that an important issue has come up."
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:44 am

I'm getting more emotional over movies lately. That's a good thing, I hate being a jaded prick.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:27 am

Reichu wrote:I cried profusely yesterday at my therapy session. I probably cry more at those things than anytime, anywhere else. "Oh shit, the lacrimal glands kicked in. That's probably a sign that an important issue has come up."

You have therapy sessions? What are they like?

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:19 pm

!!!SPOILER OF EUREKA7!!!

I cried when holand realized talho was pregnant by him and the moment they shared at that time.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:52 pm

Reichu wrote:I cried profusely yesterday at my therapy session. I probably cry more at those things than anytime, anywhere else. "Oh shit, the lacrimal glands kicked in. That's probably a sign that an important issue has come up."

QFT, happens to me, too.

November Rain

Can't remember the band but I know it's "old school", is that the music video of this couple getting married and then it shifts to the wife's funeral? That made me soo sad! :(

Dascoo wrote:Alright....I find the music during Asukas fight scene in EOE pretty sad....can anybody tell me the name of it?

In the awakening, it's Itsuwari no saisei (spelling?) During the battle, it's Air on a G-string. When she's killed, it's Munashii Nagare, the Passage of Emptiness.
And speaking of crying, Munashii Nagare didn't really affect me too badly, but what DID was her acutal scrapped death BGM, Asuka's Death. Think Thanatos, Funeral-Style. Maybe because I have a mental picture of her last moments: STILL struggling to fight like the warrior she is, covered in blood after her mother's speared and Asuka's very weak, only to be given one final blow as she screams, seeing the ghost-Rei as her most beloved person (Kaji? Shinji??) appears, at that, a strangely peaceful smile--her final smile--makes it's way across her face as slowly she turns into LCL. (Gainax needs me and my writing. :lol:)

What else makes me cry is: various moments in Eva (episode 3's discussion of the Hedgehog's Dilmmea made me bawl the first time, as did the final few moments of episode 26) and EoE (ie: "I'm sorry, Shinji."), Retake, espeically the part of Asuka saying she forgives Shinji, and Shinji saying "I'll forgive you even if everybody else doesn't, Misato-san", Moments in movies or shows that are really cheesy yet touching, Sad scenes in movies, hearing something sad that happened to somebody (why I don't watch the news, it's too depressing! >_<)

Crap...I'm listening to Asuka's Death right now. :sob: Guess I wanted to be in the right mind-set when writing this. ;)

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

And oh yeah, I think a good message to take away from Eva is that it IS okay for guys (*cough* Shinji *cough*) to cry, there's nothing wrong with it despite society making it seem otherwise.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”