FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Took a leave of absence from work until Jan 5th, just so that way I don't get in trouble for being gone so long. It's a paid leave, so that's nice. I've been meaning to art more anyway, and I've got a TON of unwatched films in my collection, so I'll have plenty to do. I won't feel comfortable uploading videos until the Bell's Palsy clears up and I can talk normal again.

My Covid test results still haven't come back yet, so there's the slightest chance I did this all for nothing since I still haven't developed any symptoms yet. But my roommate totally lost his sense of taste and smell and has had other flu-like symptoms, so I don't know what else to do. (And his rapid test did come back as positive, so there's that.) It could be that I'm asymptomatic to something like that. That would be good for me, but I would still be a carrier, so I would still need to quarantine. I'mm also hold private movie screenings for a few of my local friends. We usually meet up every other week to watch anime, but seeing as how I need to quarantine, it's best we stream stuff instead.

EDIT:

The test results JUST came back. I do NOT have Covid! But my roommate is still showing symptoms, so it's probably still a good idea that I stay home until it clears up.

But this is good news, nonetheless!!!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:44 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:EDIT:

The test results JUST came back. I do NOT have Covid! But my roommate is still showing symptoms, so it's probably still a good idea that I stay home until it clears up.

But this is good news, nonetheless!!!

That's awesome news so long as you stay well apart you should be okay and if you have to interact both of you should wear masks and gloves ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Hell yeah, that'S good to hear! Continue staying safe, hoping for the best!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:28 pm

That’s good to hear. Stay safe out there. I heard that there’s a new strain that’s supposed to be more contagious. Hopefully, the vaccine will work against it.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Oh, that's nice. Stay safe and continue maintaining everything strictly.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:56 am

Good for you, Freaky.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:57 am

That's great, Freaky! Stay safe!

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:19 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever#904029 wrote:Guess who probably has Covid-19 on top of the Bell's Palsy!

Oh hell. That's horrible. I hope you haven't gotten the infection, and in the event that you do, may you stay asymptomatic!

Well, yeah, unfortunately certain pieces of research suggest up to 25-30% of asymptomatic patients may still end up with cardiovascular damage (myocarditis, inflammation of the heart muscle, mostly). :cringe:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Dear Python,

I appreciate that you improved the documentation of a particular math-related Python core module so it can now at least be read by a mere mortal who does not have a PhD in mathematics.

What I appreciate somewhat less is that this rewrite of the documentation follows on a rewrite of the Python 2.7 version of the module in C for Python 3, and that this results in subtly broken code that is very hard to debug because the syntax that needs to be used has changed slightly from Python 2.7 in ways that (as is usual with Python modules) are not actually documented very well. Also, it would help if the rounding functions would not crap out over numbers in scientific notation, something that certainly did not happen in Python 2.7 (with the same module), and if the cause of that bug was not that the precision of numbers appears to get randomly set on different machines for a very unclear reason.

Sometime I wish I had a very large pet Python (of at least a few kilometres long) that I could sic on people who don't properly test their code (that is used in important modules). :harpy_liplick:

Guess who just spent 1.5 days debugging some ported code?
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:12 am

Even though my expertise of work is different, I feel you bro. Simple things can reach highest of complexity just because of technical issues that can be huge time eaters.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Ouch, I feel your pain there
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

athropos
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby athropos » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:36 pm

Shamsiel-kun
I'm on your side. This is very obnoxious situation (and also familiar for me, `cause I code a lot on js, and external libs sometimes carry nasty bugs inside, and project schedule is way too tight to fix them properly. So usually upcoming problems are solved via additional layers of crutch coding.Which is very meh)

And then - my own pain. I'm working over corporate wiki engine based on Vue and very specific localy developed backend framework. And this is plain gruelling and uninspiring as hell. Read from this table, drag to front with an AJAX, then plug into vue template. AARGHЪ!!! Bloody enterprise as it is. So I'm trying to save remains of my brain tinkering with small math projects on native JS(cellular automata, simplex linear optimization, comparison of different numerical integration methods and so on)

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:16 pm

YouTube just removed my channel. I don’t make any videos on there, I’m just a commenter and viewer. So now I can’t watch anything on there. The reason they removed is because they think I posted “hateful comments” against a person. I’m not a malicious person, but there have been a few times where some people tend to get on my nerves so I thought the best way to get them to stop is to put them down. I’ve already sent an appeal to the YouTube team in hopes of getting my account back.

Also, I had a bit of frustrating day at work today, and I’m worried I might end up losing it if this keeps up, after doing so good there.

I just feel like I get frustrated too easily. And I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the workplace, so I tend to get a bit carried away and get mad if things don’t go smoothly or the way I want it to.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Oh wow, that's awful

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:03 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:YouTube just removed my channel. I don’t make any videos on there, I’m just a commenter and viewer. So now I can’t watch anything on there. The reason they removed is because they think I posted “hateful comments” against a person. I’m not a malicious person, but there have been a few times where some people tend to get on my nerves so I thought the best way to get them to stop is to put them down. I’ve already sent an appeal to the YouTube team in hopes of getting my account back.

Same thing happened to me for the same reason last month. Apparently they are going on a banning spree. Bunch of people upset on the subreddit for youtube.

They wouldn't specify what comments qualified as hateful but I admit I curse too much. It's despicable that they don't give warnings or any half measures like just turning off a accounts ability to make comments or something reasonable.

I also do not post videos but I lost 100+ playlist with saved 7000+ videos. Movie trailers/clips I can find again not a issue but the loss of my music playlist stings bad as I don't keep up with band/album names and just save random songs/score tracks as I come across them.

Good luck on your appeal, mine was denied.

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:So now I can’t watch anything on there.

Clear the cookies off your browser or YouTube app and it should allow you to view videos no different than someone who isn't signed into a YouTube or Gmail account.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:27 pm

So the Dutch response to COVID-19 has been a messy shambles from the start: first denying the virus would come here despite keeping everything open with no checks whatsoever on incoming international travellers (these still mostly don't exist :facepalm: ), then being shocked a highly contagious virus shows up in our country and infects loads of people :rolleyes: , then having random, ill-thought out measures that keep changing the whole time, bad information (i.e. it's almost all in Dutch, like there are no foreigners here that don't speak the language), cops who refuse to enforce the rules :cringe: , useless sanctions that often don't get applied, are badly implemented, and cost people so little they shrug off the fines (Belgium has fines of up to 900 Euros, we are stuck at 95), elevating freedumb and total conspiracy stupidity to a really important thing that must be voiced, and I'm skipping things. They also keep claiming things are not very bad, while our death rate is one of the highest in Western Europe... :rolleyes:

Today they managed to top all that. We have elections upcoming, that won't be delayed because of the situation. So the ruling party has decided to relax a ton of rules, while the medical authorities are warning of wave 3...it's like they want things to go very wrong.

I...what? I so fucking hate living in this country at times. :irked:

Is "too many idiots" a valid reason for emigration?

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 pm

Right now, I’ve had some people on Facebook giving me a hard time. I posted a comment on a Facebook post, and someone called me a dumbo. Of course I got mad and threatened to kill him, even on messenger. And then a few others came and insulted me for it, calling me a nerd.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 pm

That seems like a bit of an overreaction on your end tbh

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:35 pm

Yeah, I think C.T. is at fault here. I mean, I wouldn't send death threats ever, especially not in response to a playground insult like "dumbo."

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:07 am

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:Yeah, I think C.T. is at fault here. I mean, I wouldn't send death threats ever, especially not in response to a playground insult like "dumbo."

So I guess I’m really am a dumbo as they say.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”