FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:58 pm

I got really drunk last night, and called a bunch of people in the middle of the night, likely making a complete ass of myself. :facepalm: I'm not even sure what I said (or how I got home for that matter) because I was blacked out, but regardless I feel really bad about bugging people, especially if I was being inappropriate or something. At least my ex wasn't among that list of people. :shrug:

P.S. My shoes are still tied, and I swear I might still be a little drunk.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:50 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:P.S. My shoes are still tied, and I swear I might still be a little drunk.

That's probably a hangover, guy. You sleep at all yet?
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:That's probably a hangover, guy. You sleep at all yet?

Yes, but it's the fun, "I'm still tipsy" hangover, and not the raging headache and lethargy type of hangover. I woke up my own (without an alarm), so I'm guessing I got enough sleep.

I'm actually on my way to work as I'm typing this. Extra shot in my coffee. ^_^
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Here's hoping that the "real" hangover doesn't kick in while you're trying to work!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:12 pm

That's what water is for. :D Hydration is key.

I've made my amends with all the people I bugged last night. All is well.
- Sachi

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 am

In short... I hate Frontier Communications. Internet was down for four days. Four. Days. I forgot what it was like to not have internet access. It blows. Also, no reason given as to why service was offline... not fun at all.

Also, cell service was spotty because of the weather. It's just a little snow (I'm from New England, so anything less than 2ft of snow is "a little" at least to me, over 2ft, and it's straining the snowblower). How does snow affect my cell signal. Although, the power outages from the snow probably didn't help shit along. Woth the rest of the grid being strained

So, several days with no reliable internet... not so much fun.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm finding myself falling into a bit of a bitter disposition these days.

The icing on the cake was finding out my 18 year old nephew will be making more than me by flipping burgers at McDonald's over someone like me that works in the technical and vocational world with numerous skills over him.

I've pretty much made up my mind after all the stress at work dies down from our mini remodel starting on Wednesday... I'm going to start demanding a pay raise or I'm going to start looking for work elsewhere. I've been there 2 1/2 years so it's high time I see some sort of raise especially with my performance. I know my boss is looking to potentially leave and has a few prospects so there is that. I should be a shoe in to take over but I have the sinking feeling I'll get slapped in the face and they will hire someone outside of the company to take over rather than give me the promotion. If that does indeed come to pass, then I will be looking to go elsewhere, pay raise or no.

No way should an 18 year old flipping burgers should be making more than someone in a technical and vocational field with years of experience. That's just a slap in the face to people like myself with skills and knowledge./rant
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:19 am

So my foot is fine again, but this infection is a clever bastard that apparently played dead until the prescription ran out then jumped to my other leg as soon as the coast was clear. :irked: Didn't look like it was spreading, no streaks and whatnot, but I must have given it a window of opportunity somehow. Going to the doctor again this afternoon, maybe try a different antibiotic this time?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Christ...
Last week My dad went to take my Grandma to a doctor's appointment, when he got there she can barley breath and can't walk because her legs are so swollen so he takes her to the emergency room.
She got better-ish and released back to her assisted living place Wednesday.
Yesterday she had a bad fall & is back in the emergency room.

ALSO...
Ok back at Thanksgiving my mom's car killed over, dead.
She has been using my Truck up to now.

Last week she was at a stop light and some girl slammed into the back of the Truck. Not too much damage.

Today 1st day driving her new SUV to the school she works at. Someone at some point during the day crushed her bumper. And she was parked FAR out in the middle of the parking lot.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Yup, new pills. Actually reasonably sized now though, so that's nice I guess? They tell me to keep it elevated when possible, but when the problem is with the back of your leg it's hard to do that comfortably without putting pressure on the sore spot.

Geez man, sounds like the universe is playing sadistic little games with you too.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:10 pm

I haven't cleaned out my studio for half a year. I wasn't aware roof in my studio is leaking. I walk in after a month away and I find mushrooms growing in the upper corner of the ceiling.

I'm probably going to have to empty out my studio and hire someone to remove the mold. My folks are going to be happy footing the bill for that (sarcasm).

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:31 pm

Turns out I hadn't been observing proper track etiquette during athletics training and accidentally pissed a lot of people off. It was a pretty foreign concept to me since there was never any formal code of conduct when I was training in secondary school, and I'm surprised that they let the problem fester for a year and a half before telling me directly. The annoying part is that things like this make me paranoid about whether everyone else I know might have been formulating some criticisms that they'd rather not share because I'm not particularly approachable, which has happened on multiple occasions before.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:28 am

After volunteering to potentially fly down to the Los Angeles area next week to help another district out with their system upgrades I remembered that I just renewed my drivers license last weekend.

The TSA does not recognize temporary ID's.

I won't know for sure until tomorrow if I will be going or not, but if I do, I really hope my new one is in the mail and gets here before I have to leave otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll be in for some fun time with the TSA and trying to explain why I have no valid ID that they accept and why I am flying with quite the assortment of tools.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Do you really not have any other ID? I thought it took 2 (or a passport) to be legally employable in the US because of the I-9 form.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 pm

I do, but the TSA wants photo ID and I have no others.

I know when I did my I-9 I had to submit my drivers license and SS card and that was sufficient so I guess it just depends on what is deemed a sufficient document for ID purposes.

I do know next year our states ID's will not be accepted to fly domestically so I am going to go get as passport since that will just be the be all, end all form of ID.

As of now though I have yet to hear anything, so if I do not by tomorrow evening then I'm pretty sure I've been called off which, kind of sucks but its not a huge problem. I will be traveling all over for sure come April since we are implementing the same changes to the rest of our district and we are short manpower to do so. Plus, I am one of the most experienced in the district with the conversion process after my stint last year doing 7 total.

We shall see what happens tomorrow I guess.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:38 am

Had a really terrible autistic meltdown yesterday. Screaming, sobbing, hyperventilating, throwing things, wall punching, head banging, the whole shebang. The less said about my mom's attempt to keep me from escaping the situation by car, the better.

I thought I'd gotten over the pain and resentment that resulted from being displaced from my childhood home by my sister's family, a couple of years back -- but, nope, it's still there, and it doesn't seem to take very much at all to activate it. I have no idea how I'm supposed to clean out my old room if being at my parents' house and trying to deal with my sister, brother-in-law, and mom can still fuck me up so easily. This incident rather tempts me to get a local storage unit, rent a van, and take a day to completely unperson myself from the old house so I never have to go back.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Any chance you could get them to step out of the house for a bit so you can do your thing without distractions?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm not sure it will be necessary. From what my dad (who wasn't present for my meltdown and is thus acting as "mediator") tells me, there are no hard feelings. I guess I'll have a talk with my therapist and try going back to the house in two weeks or so.

Also, mostly unrelated: I've started another attempt to wean myself off most processed sugars, as I tire of being obese and addicted. Not all sugars -- since cold turkey is not recommended -- just the most egregious ones. I quickly depleted all "goodies" remaining in the house and none can be allowed back in. Right now I feel hungry and a bit jittery and I don't trust myself to go anywhere. I've heard that it eventually gets better.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 am

A smelly room is a room expressing failure in life, unable to go another step, waiting for something to happen, fiddling thumbs out of boredom, bitterness and disinterest.

A room without windows, only a door, the air is hot and uncomfortable, and the only light is a solitary light bulb, as if denied the right to the energy of sunlight and the cleansing of the wind. In such a room the smell of failure permeates onto clothes, the bed, and the chair, it leaks out, to the displeasure of the powers-that-be whose olfactory senses have no place in the reality of the street or the slums.

If I ever get out of this rut, I am determined to move out to a farm, as I am tired to conform to my sister's world of pretentiousness and where image matters more than ability. I am also tired of being asked to "act mature" when my progress stopped nine years ago -- "growing up" becomes an oxymoron when life is shunted to near-isolation, in the name of "protection", with only this machine as the window to the world, with brief excursions out of this room the only things to break the monotony. To be frank I still have the mind of a 25-year-old in the aging body of a 40-year-old.

I wish I could shout back to express my rage, but the only way for me to express that feeling is to turn my back away.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”